Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Welcome! Feel free to join the discussions.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

equationdiabolique
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby equationdiabolique » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:39 am

Greetings! I watched Evangelion on Netflix in 2020 (I think), because I was bored, and I liked it, my favorite artist of all time is Michael Jackson, I like classic movies like Jurassic Park, The Terminator, RoboCop, Predator, Alien etc. returning to Evangelion I wish to get a 100% understanding of the story and characters because I get tangled sometimes being one of the few anime I've seen, I only watched Death Note before so it's a big leap for me. I apologize for my bad English it's not my first language but I try to watch every movie & series in English as I can, and of course, I listen to Michael Jackson's music so that helps too. Thank you for having me.
Last edited by equationdiabolique on Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:40 am

Welcome, your English is just fine!
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

equationdiabolique
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby equationdiabolique » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:52 pm

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:Welcome, your English is just fine!

Thank you!

OutlawThirds
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OutlawThirds » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Hello. I'm a newcomer to the series-I watched the netflix dub + eoe in 2020, thought it was rad but then was just sort of done with it, keeping it in my back pocket as an example of a perfect thing like Akira or an Aphex Twin album. I got roped into rewatching it-we watched the first rebuild film but didn't like the voiceover for Shinji so at my partner's request we switched back to the original series. I ended up watching it on my own this time, and it somehow hit _way_ harder, like Consider Phlebas or Use Of Weapons. I've already written a bunch of what I like about it to a family member but I suspect that my friends and family aren't going to want to keep hearing about Giant Depression Robots over and over again, so I went and looked for a forum where I could fanboy in peace. This seems to be the place.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Welcome! We always try to keep things under control.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

Zer0_Stars_DS
Embryo

Hello Everyone

•      
  •      

Postby Zer0_Stars_DS » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Zer0_Stars_DS and at the time of writing this, I have been a fan of Evangelion for three years now. I like anime (duh), vintage technology, and taking landscape photos. My name comes from a line from an American sitcom and the DS is short for Death Stranding, my second favorite game of all time (my first is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance). Regarding my relationship to Eva: a perfect dichotomy of hope and despair exists within me as a result of this anime. I have never seen any anime that has challenged me to grow and evolve as a human being. I have a growing fascination with most if not all of the aspects of Eva, especially the character aspects. My favorite character is Asuka because she seems like the most interesting of all the characters. MY favorite Eva is Unit-1 mostly because of its resemblance to Devilman. My favorite Angel is Gaghiel because it looks the most elegant of all the angels. I have numerous topics I’d like to discuss in my time here (please forgive me if some of these have been discussed to death before, I’m new), some trivial, some more serious but all of these I’d be happy to talk about. In fact some of these arguments I make will rely heavily on contrasting opinions. I like to hear about them. I will do my best to build up this community and to be professional. Any questions?

Merged here. We already has a "welcome" thread. - JoelcrNeto

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Welcome! Feel free to join the discussions and explore this vast board.

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Hi everyone. I’ve finally got around to watching shin Evangelion, so I feel better about visiting the forum regularly. Now it’s starting to feel like old times, staying up late to read everything I can about the lore of evangelion and what everyone thought of the new movie. I’m glad to be back and see a lot of familiar faces and all the new ones who kept the forum alive during my absence.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:58 pm

Ayy, welcome back! I don't think we've ever interacted, but I've definitely seen your posts quite a few times. Glad to have you back on board!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:09 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Ayy, welcome back! I don't think we've ever interacted, but I've definitely seen your posts quite a few times. Glad to have you back on board!

Thank you. Yes I’ve seen a lot of your posts here as well but I don’t think we ever interacted, last time I was active I don’t believe you were a mod. Congratulations.

It’s good to be back.
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:08 am

Welcome back, ::KL7::.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

dopamine
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dopamine » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:26 am

yooooo im orion
you might know me from discord, as im testicle tickler on there.
so uh, i do art and i have a hyperfixation on evangelion lore (that's why im here...)
i don't really know how forums work anymore since i haven't been on one in years so this is just me guessing about how its done :,))
nice to meet yall

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum Orion ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

dopamine
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dopamine » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:16 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Welcome to the forum Orion ^_^

thankz!! i hope ill enjoy my time on here :D

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Welcome dopamine/Orion! I'm not on Discord, so I don't know who are you :tongue:
Enjoy this forum!

Also, welcome back ::KL7::

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:10 pm

Hello hello! We've talked on discord a bit already, welcome on the forums!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

dopamine
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dopamine » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:19 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Hello hello! We've talked on discord a bit already, welcome on the forums!

thanks all! i was a bit scared to join the forums but yall seem pretty nice!!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:16 am

View Original Postdopamine wrote:thanks all! i was a bit scared to join the forums but yall seem pretty nice!!

Just take it slow and enjoy yourself ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:33 pm

Welcome back, Tankread and Quadhonk! :yippee:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”