ITT: Share your favorite Random Little Headcannons about cast, tech & events

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CosmoNot
Embryo

Re: ITT: Share your favorite Random Little Headcannons about cast, tech & events

•      
  •      

Postby CosmoNot » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:06 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Welcome to EGF, and thanks for reminding me about those ancient wiki articles that haven't been touched in 14 years. I'm sorry if any corrections to those mess up your headcanon!

Thanks! And no, in fact I would love to see the wiki be updated with more truly canon info
The volcano is both the sculptor and the sculpture. We are the volcanoes.

Alan_81
Embryo

Re: ITT: Share your favorite Random Little Headcannons about cast, tech & events

•      
  •      

Postby Alan_81 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:10 am

View Original PostDixiit wrote:A few HC's on the background of SEELE.

Keel Lorenz, a commoner with a natural interest in the occult, was born in 1900, and served in WW1. He joined the Thule Society during the Interwar Period, but found their theories to be too racially charged and went off to have Indiana Jones-esque adventures during WW2, where he eventually found the secret Dead Sea Scrolls before creating SEELE out of the connections he forged with occultists, industrialists and other people of power.

He's also Yui Ikari's father, but I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

“He's also Yui Ikari's father” Snap! this has been my gut feeling for some time too. It would explain why Gendo Ikari‘s marrage to Yui would be the “backstory” reason as to why Gendo (an outsider) is drawn into Keels sphere of influence… It accounts for how Keel repeatedly convinces SEELE they need Gendo to fulfil their prophecy?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:16 am

View Original PostCosmoNot wrote:Thanks! And no, in fact I would love to see the wiki be updated with more truly canon info

I'm sorry that those articles weren't dealt with sooner. Nearly all of their content comes from a time when a genuine weirdo de facto took over our wiki and flooded it with misconceptions, fabrications and total nonsense. All the relevant background material regarding the state of the Post-2I world can be pieced together from the supplemental information, background dialogue, the Episode 07 Second Impact document, and so on. It's just that making sure that all the information presented is genuine and free of misconceptions takes something of an effort, and those articles have almost never been on the "radar" of our active contributors.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 am

View Original PostAlan_81 wrote:
View Original PostDixiit#924006 wrote:A few HC's on the background of SEELE.

Keel Lorenz, a commoner with a natural interest in the occult, was born in 1900, and served in WW1. He joined the Thule Society during the Interwar Period, but found their theories to be too racially charged and went off to have Indiana Jones-esque adventures during WW2, where he eventually found the secret Dead Sea Scrolls before creating SEELE out of the connections he forged with occultists, industrialists and other people of power.

He's also Yui Ikari's father, but I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

“He's also Yui Ikari's father” Snap! this has been my gut feeling for some time too. It would explain why Gendo Ikari‘s marrage to Yui would be the “backstory” reason as to why Gendo (an outsider) is drawn into Keels sphere of influence… It accounts for how Keel repeatedly convinces SEELE they need Gendo to fulfil their prophecy?

It makes a sense because it would cut out uneccesary middlemen. But on the other hands, their last names are different and Yui doesn't look especially european.
Maybe she's his grandchild via a daughter? But that creates uneccesary middlemen again, might as well just make up a Japanese SEELE member to be her father.

I remember this one fic where Gendo murders his father-in-law both to get the Japanese committee seat & seize control of the SEELE assets in Japan, but also to throw him into Unit Zero, and that was that fic's explanation for whose soul is in there.
Doesn't work quite as well if it's not your daughter but a clone.

Though if you ask me the EVA bonding is psychological in nature so it probably wouldn't depend on genetics. So, an adoptive mother would work too if she was the main person who handled you as a toddler & truly thinks of you as her child, but a clone who never knew you wouldn't - As per ep 14 Rei does not get any boost in EVA 01, her numbers are the same (while Shinji has a noticeable difference in EVA 01 vs. 00)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:10 pm

• Rei washes herself not with shampoo or body wash, but store-brand dishwashing liquid. She buys whatever scent is on sale. Mostly blue. She smells like blue.
  • Asuka steals Misato's perfume and shampoo whenever possible.
  • Ritsuko and Misato were *roommates* (oh my god they were roommates)
  • Rits is commonly known as "Dr. Pullring" among her subordinates, but only when she is out of earshot.
  • SEELE was so worried about budgets despite the fact that money won't matter anymore after everyone ascends to spiritual bliss because they were blowing a trillion dollars a week on hookers and blow. Every time Shinji blows out Unit 01's knee joint, that's a lapdance they can't afford.
  • They knew when the angels would show up because they were keeping them in big boxes somewhere.
  • PenPen speaks five human languages fluently, he just doesn't have anything to say to these idiots.
  • There were actually several thousand people on the beaches where Shinji and Asuka returned to physical form. They were just too tired of the kids and their shit to go check on them.
  • In EOE the meaning of Asuka stroking Shinji's cheek is that she was into that shit. When she said she felt sick, she was disgusted with herself, but had given up on fighting it.
  • Gendo has committed crimes against nature in Unit 01's entry plug.
  • Induction into SEELE requires a series of arcane rituals known as: The Walk in the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, and the Paddling of the Swollen Ass (With Paddles)
  • LCL tastes like snot with rust in it.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:03 am

^
Who is giving them lap dances?! Why are they so expensive?!
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:08 am

LOL, bravo Nat the Cat :D
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:20 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
Who is giving them lap dances?! Why are they so expensive?!

They are the lap dances of the gods

These lap dances were the jewel of Odin's treasure room!

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:07 am

SPOILER: Show
In Rebuild world, Gendo left Farmer

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 pm

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:[*]Asuka steals Misato's perfume and shampoo whenever possible.

checks out. It's like the storgic equivalent of tsundere

FransHalation
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FransHalation » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:11 am

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:
  • Rei washes herself not with shampoo or body wash, but store-brand dishwashing liquid. She buys whatever scent is on sale. Mostly blue. She smells like blue.
  • Asuka steals Misato's perfume and shampoo whenever possible.
  • Ritsuko and Misato were *roommates* (oh my god they were roommates)
  • Rits is commonly known as "Dr. Pullring" among her subordinates, but only when she is out of earshot.
  • SEELE was so worried about budgets despite the fact that money won't matter anymore after everyone ascends to spiritual bliss because they were blowing a trillion dollars a week on hookers and blow. Every time Shinji blows out Unit 01's knee joint, that's a lapdance they can't afford.
  • They knew when the angels would show up because they were keeping them in big boxes somewhere.
  • PenPen speaks five human languages fluently, he just doesn't have anything to say to these idiots.
  • There were actually several thousand people on the beaches where Shinji and Asuka returned to physical form. They were just too tired of the kids and their shit to go check on them.
  • In EOE the meaning of Asuka stroking Shinji's cheek is that she was into that shit. When she said she felt sick, she was disgusted with herself, but had given up on fighting it.
  • Gendo has committed crimes against nature in Unit 01's entry plug.
  • Induction into SEELE requires a series of arcane rituals known as: The Walk in the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, and the Paddling of the Swollen Ass (With Paddles)
  • LCL tastes like snot with rust in it.

We know Asuka took her yellow shirt both times she tried to do something 'grown up' with Shinji. The Wall of Jericho fiasco and kiss. Fits with her obsession with adulthood. I love all of these.

Please, do not quote an entire post, trim it down only the relevant bit you’re interesting to address – JoelcrNeto

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 pm

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet, but: Shinji has permanent scars on his palms.
In the OG timeline, it's from Third Impact, when the EVA series pierced EVA 01's hands.

But he acquired remarkably identical scars in the rebuild version of the Sahaquiel battle.
This was not lost on Kaworu.

Someone on reddit recently did the calculations that Shinjji might have been conceived on the exact day of Second Impact.
This is exactly what happened.
It's possible that Yui was just very relieved to be sure that Gendo got away from the south pole in time, but I wouldn't put it past those two get off of mass destruction, with the radio describing scenes of destruction in the background and constant cries of "Just as planned!". Way to jinx it for your kid...

Also, having rewatched the audio drama recently, no one is gonna convince me that any hypothetical asuken wedding would not be sentai-show themed

jedi_spectre1
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jedi_spectre1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 pm

I headcanon that "puppy boy" was also Mari's nickname for Gendo during their time in college together. Just seems to work and I find it funny.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:58 am

...or "dog" for Gendo and "bitch" for Yui.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Into the Eva-Verse
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Into the Eva-Verse » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:
  • Venus was formerly a fertile world populated by the Zammaran, the children of Naamah of the Yellow Moon. However, she revolted against [REDACTED], aiming to release Adam against the Will of Heaven, and nearly triumphed until Lilith betrayed her and sealed her with the [REDACTED]. Lilith has gained much gratitude & even deeper love from [REDACTED] for this. Venus's three moons were removed to inhibit Naamah's regeneration, and the planet has since fallen into ruin.

I really like your idea of the other Seeds of Life being named after biblical/extra-biblical figures and their Moons being different colors other than black and white. So for my little headcanon, the Seeds of Life and Moons are as follows:

Adam = White Moon
Lilith = Black Moon
Naamah = Yellow Moon
Cain = Red Moon
Noah = Blue Moon
Moses = Green Moon
Miriam = Purple Moon
“Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.”
--Yui Ikari, End of Evangelion

Sentient Evangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sentient Evangelion » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:36 pm

I got some head-canons, but I decided to just put down four of them.

1. The Judeac and Christian imagery that can be seen with the angels is something that was passed down by the First Ancestral Race to the 'Adamites/Angels' and the 'Lilim'.

2. The Angel's species name is Adamites.

3. Instrumentality is something that is hard-coded into the Evangelion universe, it cannot be undone nor stopped unless special requirements are met.

4. Rei's hair and eye color would be Lilith's natural iris and hair color if she wasn't a strange puffy-marsh-mellow-yet-human shaped creature.

BONUS HEADCANON! 5. Kaworu is german and is what Keel would look like if he was 14 to 15 years old. Kaworu having a Japanese first and last name is due to SEELE wanting Kaworu to seem 'familiar', despite the fact that he looks caucasian. The red irises and white hair is unavoidable though.
I Just Feel Pity For The Redhead.|Maybe The Chick Stuck Inside Of The Mech Too.|

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:19 am

* mari makinami is the clone or the daughter of the original, who has the memories of the original or perhaps to make a difference maria decided to prepare her daughter in the right way for the role she was going to end up playing as eva's pilot and I gave her all her knowledge and secrets giving her the tools she needed to win but Mari is still a teenager so basically she decided to follow the family tradition started by her mother and trolling the new generation of ikari and the old members of the artificial evolution laboratory.

my funny headcanon from the last time maria and yui interacted.

"yui I admit that I lost the battle with gendo, but I assure you in 30 years the iscariotte and ikari bloodlines will unite, I will not accept defeat in this war"

"I wish you luck then, the rivals will be a tsundere, a clone of myself created to love my son, a literal angel and a yandere"

* Shinji is not fully human on rebuild but he is not artificial, plus he can push unit 01 to its maximum limit.

* mari may fall into this category like Shinji, because she awakens unit 08 and was able to give her AT shield a tiger shape in the same way that Shinji regenerated the arm of unit 01 with an AT field against Zeurel .

* when doctor katsuragi did the experiment at the south pole, he told Misato that she could activate the switch to initiate it as a way to form a bond with her but this caused the second impact.

* Misato suffered a mental breakdown after Shinji was declared "dead" by ritsuko after 2.0 which caused her to restart the relationship with Kaji as a way to deal with everything that happened.

* Kaji was such a good father figure that kaworu and mari are more mentally stable than Asuka and Shinji.

* mari would go out on a date with Shinji just to see a reaction from Asuka and see if it bothers her, she would continue with the dates if Shinji asks for it although it is not very likely considering that Asuka gets too angry with the baka even if they are nothing officially except friends.

*gendo's life with maria and yui was a college version of don't bully nagatoro.

*Maria may or may not have achieved a threesome with gendo and yui.

*gendo used the nabuconodozor key and can see all the previous loops that's why he is 50 steps ahead of WILLE and Misato and was able to fool kaworu.

*Misato decided to abandon Kaji jr because she was scared of the responsibility of raising a child and still thinks about how Shinji ended up dead because of her, besides that she planned to sacrifice herself with Kaji to stop the third impact even while pregnant. instead she decided to focus on getting revenge on nerv.

OutlawThirds
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OutlawThirds » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:57 am

The backup command center has a different layout but we never see it because the main command center was repaired during the month Shinji spent tripping inside Unit 1.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:10 pm

- Unit Zero's berserker activations have nothing to do with the soul inside it. They happen because all prototypes had malformed brains and were thus highly mentally unstable. Unit Zero just can't stand anyone thinking above a "whisper level" inside its entry plug.
- The jaw armor of evas is always bolted together, but can be released by a button inside the plug. This is because evas can use powerful speech magic similar to Skyrim's dragonshouts, but far stronger. Berserker state is strong enough to break these bolts.
- Rei II collects her own bloody bandages and keeps them in a box. She also collects other people's discarded bandages if they're left unguarded.
- The "Old Hag incident" wasn't the first time Rei 1 ran her mouth at someone. She had a months-long reign of terror at Gehirn where she would walk past scientists and casually criticize or insult them. When a new employee showed up, she'd corner them and get in their face Hartmann-style.
- Pen-Pen's name is short for Penetrator Penissimo. Misato gave him this name while she was in college. She also equipped him with a crotch-drill of the same type as Ramiel's. She tells Shinji all of this during another one of her drunken dinner episodes. Shinji can no longer look at pen-pen the same way.
- The Rei clones in the dummy plug room enjoy synchronized swimming in their tank, but only when nobody's watching.
- Higher-ranking NERV employees casually refer to Lilith as the Stay-Puft Marshmallow God.
[Redacted]

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:54 pm

That Moto-Asuka and Shikinami go on to live as a happy couple after the end of Shin.

That's all.

Oh wait, no: that Rei is chewing off her bangs to keep them short while being stuck inside the Eva.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”