That picture again...

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: That picture again...

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:49 pm

View Original PostGuiBiancarelli wrote:I ran the image through an AI enhancer and colorizer, and increased its contrast and color curvature afterwards. Follows the result:

SPOILER: Show

I found some interesting details in it, follows:

Any thoughts?

Oh shit, I think it's Atlantis from Nadia Secret of Blue Water, just filtered to hell and back. This might seem a little farfetched but another image shows the Second Impact report with the history of Gainax as filler text, but also filtered to hell and with a different photo on the report.
I can't find any screenshots, and even if I could, this forum's UI is so ancient that I have no idea how I would even begin to embed it, but here's a link to the episode where they enter Atlantis https://youtu.be/y60_6sWFAS4?t=627
That skinny pyramid thing looks very similar to Atlantis' Tower of Babel, just without the inverted ziggurat on top. The surrounding area is the remains of the city, and the pit in the center is the mass grave, that angled line leading down into it from the top left being the path Nemo and his crew take in the episode in order to hold a funeral for their recently deceased crew members. Obviously this is very loose, but looking over all these other edits and speculative posts, I think this is just as valid.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

2Lacissal2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 2Lacissal2 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:38 am

Having stared at the gif for a somewhat worrying amount of time now, I think if I was forced to give an answer it would be that the mysterious image is actually just...slightly messy Japanese handwriting.

It's most clear to see in the middle left hand side, above the large Rei head and to the side of the other Rei's boobs, it looks like Japanese script, possibly done in ink, with more writing through the whitish band in the upper middle of the image

Also the dark bits at the top, throught NGE they often use inverted colours eg black text on white and white text on black during the inner monologue sections.

Edit- I think it's a mixture of Japanese and English text, the thin straight bands, like the dark one next to/under the smiling Rei in the middle's eye, and running perpindicular to the large band with the 'E.E' in the bottom right

People joked about looking at Rorschach blots but the dark bands in the middle do actually look exactly like Japanese ink brush strokes...

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:57 am

I think it could be this image from a different angle and higher viewpoint.

It's from Kaji's diary (which was published as Eva merchandise);

On further, further thought!
I see correlations between these two images.
Both have a very distinguishable collar bone in the picture, both have a broken bone with exposed cartilage in detail and both have that thing that looks like an anchor bollard.

In my opinion, I'd say they both represent a biomechanics lab.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”