Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Content Submissions, Suggestions and Comments

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:16 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:These are not extracanonical, these are just unofficial; Eva Fix is what amounts to just being an elaborate fanfiction, with no involvement of Gainax, khara or any other party that would justify them being on our wiki

How are you so certain?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:39 pm

As said in the other thread: Verifying if material is official or not is a very easy task. You simply look at the credits and distribution method, and if you can't find definitive information on either, that is generally a sign that it is not licensed material.
Taking a look at our own wiki (through google, because for some reason our internal search function didn't feel the need to bring it up last time I looked for it?):
Eva Wiki wrote:Eva Fix: Abnormals in Dairy Life is an unofficial art book produced by Chocolate Shop in 1997.

It's a doujin, simple as. The Extracanonical Characters and Mecha/Angels pages are for licensed material only; as far as I'm concerned personally, even this anecdotal article is already a dubious inclusion on the wiki, as the project is nominally about official material, not an encyclopedia of fanfiction, however well-made it may or may not be.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Yeah, you're right. I let the fact that its contents looked like actual production illustrations distract me from checking the credits. So much for raising my hopes that they're semi-official concepts.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

payamazadi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby payamazadi » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:00 pm

Humbly, apologies if this is in the wrong place, for example may better belong in the thread including ep23. Also apologies if this was already discussed and if my take here is wrong.

The Wiki page here: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Episode_23#
Writes: “Rei realizes that her desire is to be with Shinji. She makes a decision and determined she proceeds to reverse Eva-00's A.T. Field, saving Shinji by violently pulling the Angel away from Eva-01.”

This does not jive with the version on Netflix or what’s in the FCG:
https://wiki.evageeks.org/FGC:Episode_23_Scene_06
Cuts 352-354

Rei asks herself, does she want to be one with Shinji? This happens as she’s connecting to his Eva via the Angel. Because she senses being connected to him. Then, she says no. After saying no, she pulls the angel back away from Shinji’s Eva and into herself/her own core. Then she self destructs.

Based on this, am I wrong to say that Rei rejected wanting to be one with Shinji? Isn’t this a mistake in the Wiki?

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Well, that is an interesting observation. It would seem that Armisael manifesting into a naked Rei that reaches out to Shinji is a sign that Rei does desire to be with Shinji. It seems Armisal has a unique ability to fuse with Rei's mind and mimic her inner feelings, thus preventing Shinji from killing it with the progressive knife. The fact that she says 'no', could be a rejection of her feelings for Shinji as she wants to protect Shinji from Armisael.

As the commentary folk has pointed out, the manifestation of a giant naked Rei in this episode is similar to EoE, where Lilith is able to manifest into Rei and Kaworu in front of Shinji. In EoE, Rei/Lillith also appears to different characters as the person they truly desire.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:39 am

View Original Postpayamazadi wrote:Humbly, apologies if this is in the wrong place, for example may better belong in the thread including ep23. Also apologies if this was already discussed and if my take here is wrong.

No need for the apologies, and thank you for pointing out that error. It's a goof from when I tried writing most of the text in that article in one big edit 15 years ago, and it seems like none of the edits in intervening years caught it. I'll fix it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Parkagirl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Parkagirl » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:55 pm

Here's one for the OA-vs.-DC guide for episodes 21/21'.

Scene 02, cut 009: In the OA edition, Misato removes her ID and handgun together from an interior jacket pocket. The result is a little awkward, as it looks like the two items are fused together. This is fixed in the DC edition, in which Misato's ID is already on the table in front of her, and she simply removes her handgun from her jacket pocket and places it on the table with her ID. See images below for comparison.

OA:
SPOILER: Show

DC:
SPOILER: Show

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:21 am

That's a great little catch, and I don't know if anyone's brought that one up before!

P.S. I've added you on as a wiki contributor, so you should get a signup email in your inbox.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Parkagirl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Parkagirl » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:22 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:That's a great little catch, and I don't know if anyone's brought that one up before!

P.S. I've added you on as a wiki contributor, so you should get a signup email in your inbox.

Amazing, thank you!

EDIT: I'll begin contributing as soon as I can figure out a few details of the wiki... hopefully soon! Right now I'm trying to make sense of image usage rules and copyright. E.g. -- if I take a screenshot of a cut from NGE and want to upload it to the wiki for use on a page, what licensing does that fall under?

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”