Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:51 pm

1st piece of concept art for the live action film!

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Hard to completely tell from that silhouette, but looks a little Bayformer-y to me.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:25 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Hard to completely tell from that silhouette, but looks a little Bayformer-y to me.

Just a little in the arms but it may just be exposed circuitry from battle damage.

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:33 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:1st piece of concept art for the live action film!

Yeah i'm wating for this movie but I have some concerns beacuse many apparance live-action anime adaptation and were is shit but main mech look's like good.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:32 pm

Considering that the director is a genuine fan of the franchise and has been since childhood days according to some interviews, I am cautionsly optimistic.
The suit do be looking cool tho so far.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 pm

So far in what little I have seen of season 1 of Gundam 00, my favorite Meister is Lockon and I always remember how defeated he was when his final chance at revenge for his family failed and he went on the ever so memorable speech about how much he hates the Earth that his younger brother has to live in. I wish to like Tieria more but in the scenes I did see him in, he was usually cruel to Setsuna. You can see by now that Allelujah is not really my least favorite but just that his Jekyll and Hyde personality doesn't really grab me.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:29 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:So far in what little I have seen of season 1 of Gundam 00, my favorite Meister is Lockon and I always remember how defeated he was when his final chance at revenge for his family failed and he went on the ever so memorable speech about how much he hates the Earth that his younger brother has to live in. I wish to like Tieria more but in the scenes I did see him in, he was usually cruel to Setsuna. You can see by now that Allelujah is not really my least favorite but just that his Jekyll and Hyde personality doesn't really grab me.

My favorite is Lyle. then Neil, then Setsuna, then halle/alle, then literally saji, than sadly goes tieria. I also greatly prefer season 2 to season 1.

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:21 pm

Currently watching Gundam in chronological order of release. MSG was pretty entertaining; currently at Episode 12 of Zeta Gundam. Kamille is quite the asshole. :P And I'm still wondering who that "Quattro Bageena" guy could possibly be? He doesn't seem familiar at all ... not one bit ... O.O
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:03 am

View Original PostDerantor wrote:Currently watching Gundam in chronological order of release. MSG was pretty entertaining; currently at Episode 12 of Zeta Gundam. Kamille is quite the asshole. :P And I'm still wondering who that "Quattro Bageena" guy could possibly be? He doesn't seem familiar at all ... not one bit ... O.O

Clearly a Char clone. Like all men in Gundam with flowing blonde hair, a mask, and a giant robot / penchant for laughing at others.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:19 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Zeta on the other hand is the most overrated Gundam I think. It's a classic for sure, but I also don't understand why it's so highly regarded. Kamile is annoying, half the show feels like it's just him and Fa bickering, and Tomino gets hung up on his usual bizarre fixations way more than 0079. I much prefer double Zeta where Tomino doesn't even try to be serious.

Chiefly because of those moments you find annoying and also: the well paced heroes journey, action scenes, mecha design, general show aesthetic, animation is consistent for its time, there's nothing that really slips up. Even Anno's main gripe about it is purely animation related: no Yas animation direction.

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:42 pm

Finally watched the second live action gundam, it was... ok. Still wish the writing was stronger but it was just too short for anything.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:29 am

View Original PostRegistration2 wrote:Finally watched the second live action gundam...

There's only one, stop lying. "Gundam" does not appear anywhere in G-Savior. Thank the Maker (who was also not involved).
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:45 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:
View Original PostRegistration2#933146 wrote:Finally watched the second live action gundam...

There's only one, stop lying. "Gundam" does not appear anywhere in G-Savior. Thank the Maker (who was also not involved).

Actually it does. in the ps2 game they even go inside the wreckage of angel halo.

And the movie isn't even bad, it is just a sci-fi b movie, the production story is a lot more entertaining than the movie (that is just a part of the whole G-Saviour story)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 pm

True, I finally got around to watching it about a month or so ago, and while I didn't find it good, it was watchable. There was potential with the story, but they tried to appeal with generic scifi fans without any context to the Universal Century.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:01 pm

As for the female protagonist, Enuka Okuma did the English voice of Lady Une in Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:03 pm

View Original PostRegistration2 wrote:Actually it does. in the ps2 game they even go inside the wreckage of angel halo.

And the movie isn't even bad, it is just a sci-fi b movie, the production story is a lot more entertaining than the movie (that is just a part of the whole G-Saviour story)

Agreed on all counts; GS is mostly just uninteresting more so than actively bad, bad episode of 90s Star Trek kinda; but for as underwhelming as the final product were, the designs and soundtrack are outstanding. I actually have a physical copy of the game; I should set up a PS2 emulator some time soon so I can actually play it; from those who have I hear that it's pretty good, both as a video game and as a Gundam story
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Got in the middle of Build Fighters and so far it is ok. I actually prefer Divers to it so far, but the fight animation is nice, but the gunpla part is pretty much bullshit and it is anything goes that can be explained by "builder skill".

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Gundam Seed Destiny real life Shinn and Luna seiyuus Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto are having their first baby. Congratulations!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... ld/.181010

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:33 am

I do find it fairly humorous - and very wholesome - that of all people, the seiyu for the final ship of the show ended up together

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:26 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Gundam Seed Destiny real life Shinn and Luna seiyuus Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto are having their first baby. Congratulations!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... ld/.181010

Really got to wish them luck here; Sakamoto is in her early 40s, and this is their first kid? That cannot be easy.

Return to “Anime and Manga”