EoE in UK cinemas tomorrow (Sunday)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

EoE in UK cinemas tomorrow (Sunday)

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Sorry for the short notice. I'm surprised I haven't seen it announced here yet and the seats don't seem to be selling as well as I thought they would (there were loads to choose from).

Odeon cinemas (and possibly Cineworld) across the UK are showing Death True² and EoE tomorrow.

Just finished binge watching the entire series with my daughter for the first time, so she gets the proper cinema experience for her first time seeing it. Exciting!

It says UK dub, but it doesn't specify which one.
I really hope it's the ADV version because switching all the voices so far into the timeline would feel odd.

Sorry if it's already been posted, I had a quick glance but sometimes I miss stuff.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: EoE in UK cinemas tomorrow (Sunday)

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:14 am

You'll get the ADV dub, as advertised (as "classic"). The Thursday showings incorrectly got the Netflix dub, for which they have apologised (I didn't mind though!) and confirmed they have sent out corrected copies for the next showings.

I was disappointed by the audience in Oxford - but I gather that the upcoming subbed screenings are selling considerably better.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: EoE in UK cinemas tomorrow (Sunday)

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Thank you for the reassurance.
It was fun seeing it in cinema, even with the awkward silence and giggling from the back during the first scene XD

I wish I set up a reaction cam for her, especially for the ending!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”