Evangelion cels

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Riogi
Embryo

Evangelion cels

•      
  •      

Postby Riogi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:58 am

Anyone would happen to know what happened with the cels market skyrocketting nowadays?

I mean, I own like 120 cels from Eva that I've mostly bought between 2007 and 2011 (yeah, sold a kidney or two).

And judging from eBay, my repro have reached the price I've paid for originals back in the days, and my originals... Well, if I were to sell them today, my guess is I'd be able to buy a new appartment.

I mean, I understand time raises value from items. But between x3 to x10 in less than 10 years since I've started collecting seems a little too much (even my Final Fantasy collection won't get that high)...

Movie effect that will go down with time... I hope?
It's Gendo... No, in fact, it's only Riogi :p Feel free to click here to check my EVA Cel collection!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Evangelion cels

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Scalping is a newly popular profession. Nothing is escaping it since it's an easy work-from-home thing.

The thing to keep in mind is the listed prices are completely irrelevant. They can list things for whatever they want but that doesn't mean people are actually willing to pay that much.

Ebay prices, amazon marketplace prices, etc. None of them are in any shape or form an accurate representation of what items actually sell for.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Riogi
Embryo

Re: Evangelion cels

•      
  •      

Postby Riogi » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:56 am

Except eBay keeps an index of completed listing.

And, yes, items do actually sell for an average of thrice (pun intented) the price I've paid them.

I agree on the scalping theory ^^
It's Gendo... No, in fact, it's only Riogi :p Feel free to click here to check my EVA Cel collection!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”