Robin Williams as Gendo

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Well, they say there's no such thing as bad publicity (I'm looking at you, Pokemon seizure episode).
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

kuzronk
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kuzronk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 am

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:How, exactly?

I'm so fucked up would have started a lot of controversy is one example.

mastafishere
Lilith

Re: Robin Williams as Gendo

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:27 pm

Reviving a very old topic to ask: Was Robin Williams lobbying for a part in Neon Genesis or the Rebuild? This topic was posted in 2014 and the first post says that it was stated 5 years ago, 2009, which was around when the English dub for You are Not Alone came out. So basically, I couldn't figure it out on my own.

Basically, I'm curious if Robin Williams was an Evangelion fan BEFORE it even came to states.

It presents such an interesting What if. Even with all the hubbub surrounding the Netflix release (and the many, MANY think-pieces that accompanied it) and Amazon getting Thrice Upon a Time (and the other Rebuilds), I still feel mainstream awareness of Evangelion eludes most American audiences. Having a huge name like Robin Williams attached would have really done something for the series, I'm sure. Instead, it'll probably finally be a household name in the US once a (terrible) live-action movie is finally made in Hollywood.

Alos, like others have said, I fully agree that Williams would have been a better Fuyutski than Gendo, though more because I haven't liked any Fuyutski dub since Guil Lunde (Who I thought did a marvelous job and his absence is really felt in EoE). We all know he would have knocked Gendo out of the park too.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Robin Williams as Gendo

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:52 pm

When watching EoE a couple of years ago I looked up the cast because I thought Gendo sounded like he was voiced by Maurice Lamarche.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”