Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:07 pm

I'm really curious to see how they'd do that, as far as making Haley Atwell a foot and a half taller and built like a refrigerator.

Purely for technical reasons, of course.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 am

In the process of watching Dark Phoenix and I will be honest, it's better than Apocalypse and Days of Future Past combined although I haven't watched beyond the scene where Hank snaps at Xavier for indirectly causing Raven's death.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:10 pm

Evidence is mounting that Faora will return in The Flash ^_^
Antje Traue was recently filming a unknown project in London (where the flash is filming), she recently cut her hair short again & her instagram post with the short hair was liked by Andy Muschietti (director of the flash)

My hopes for tomorrow's Fandome!
- We get a Aquaman 2 trailer. (no, just bts)
- We get a Flash trailer. (yes)
- Batfleck is tangibly shown in the footage. (no)
- Faora in confirmed to be in the Flash. (no)
- The Black Adam trailer is not notably comedic, let him contrast Shazam! (yes)
- Black Adam's suit is at least better than the 2019 Shazam costumes (the one BTS pic we have seen of it makes it look weaker than the suits in the upcoming Shazam sequel) (yes)
- Doctor Fate in full costume is shown in the Black Adam trailer. (no)

My less realistic wishes...
- A Batfleck project is announced (high budget hbo series please)
- Man of Steel 2 is announced.
- The Abrams/Coates Superman movie is canceled.
- Some major completely new unexpected project is announced.

(nope on all those)

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:In the process of watching Dark Phoenix and I will be honest, it's better than Apocalypse and Days of Future Past combined although I haven't watched beyond the scene where Hank snaps at Xavier for indirectly causing Raven's death.

What did you dislike about DOFP? It's easily among my favorite superhero films.
Last edited by movieartman on Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thuktun Flishithy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:46 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Evidence is mounting that Faora will return in The Flash ^_^
Antje Traue was recently filming a unknown project in London (where the flash is filming), she recently cut her hair short again & her instagram post with the short hair was liked by Andy Muschietti (director of the flash)

Oooooh, Faora was such an intimidating character in Man of Steel. She was like the only Kryptonian that really seemed to effectively use her super-speed (one of the few things I will not fault Man of Steel for is its lack of slow motion- Zack was right in that it really impressed on you how terrifyingly fast the Kryptonians were). Makes me wonder if that will set her up as an effective enemy of the Flash, in that she's closer to his speed than Superman is.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:34 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:In the process of watching Dark Phoenix and I will be honest, it's better than Apocalypse and Days of Future Past combined although I haven't watched beyond the scene where Hank snaps at Xavier for indirectly causing Raven's death.

Dark Phoenix is the only movie of the series I haven't watched because of the premise and bad reviews.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Full The Batman trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4

This may be the best trailer I have seen since the 1st teaser for Godzilla-KOTM and the best superhero trailer since the comic con trailer for BVS.
This looks phenomenal.

Peacemaker trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OODneEUWUQY
Blah. They are going too far into social retardation with the butt birth joke. The eagle moment at the end was sweet tho.

Black Adam BTS & Teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00MG1M3xdY
Tonally that's exactly what I wanted. Punisher with Superman/Shazam level power.

Shazam - Fury of the Gods BTS - https://youtu.be/oVdiZvWfkyw
Loving the Greek mythology focus & larger scale. Still need to see the 1st film.

Aquaman 2 BTS - https://youtu.be/lkAzQZ0mxos
Manta still looks good but a slight downgrade IMO.

The Flash teaser - https://youtu.be/riDeeSHw0V0
Underwhelming.

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:58 am

The most exciting things about fandome (What the fuck is a fandome? Is it a dome for fans? A dome made of fans? Fandom in French?)

• The Black Adam teaser
  • Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman
  • The new Batmobile
  • The Peacemaker series

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:12 pm

Finally the second Morbius trailer (1st came out jan 2020) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ6iiRrz1SY
I am honestly fairly more interested in this than the Venom movies. Leto seems to be doing a good job (I was indifferent to his joker but liked him in blade runner 2040)

Laurie Holden (x-files, silent hill, walking dead) will play Crimson Countess (scarlet witch homage) in The Boys - Season 3.
SPOILER: Show

The Mcu has it's first critical flop with Eternals which is currently at 49% on Rotten Tomatoes (audience score is 86% ^_^ )
I loved the trailers for it.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:35 am

I have high hopes for "Morbius" it was the only other book in the "Midnight Sons" group I really enjoyed besides GR and JB.
As for the "Eternals'....do you know anyone...and I mean anyone that wanted an "Eternals" movie?? I mean I don't think as a kid or later I
ever felt the need to pick up anything Eternals related. I mean not hating..just a lot of apathy toward it. I dunno if I can muster up
the "want to" to even stream it later.
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:11 pm

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:I have high hopes for "Morbius" it was the only other book in the "Midnight Sons" group I really enjoyed besides GR and JB.
As for the "Eternals'....do you know anyone...and I mean anyone that wanted an "Eternals" movie?? I mean I don't think as a kid or later I
ever felt the need to pick up anything Eternals related. I mean not hating..just a lot of apathy toward it. I dunno if I can muster up

My problem with Eternals is it should have been in first phase as prequel movie with the sequel now and tons breadcrumbs shown right up to end game that god like being other than Thor were around and have been doing a full on chariots of the gods in the literal sense. Them shoving it in now is too little too late, along with them putting in LGBT and diversity as again this should have been in the much earlier phases.

It's the same issue with the black widow this and eternals are not bad movies as stand-alone films, but they just feel jammed in to the MCU narrative without full development or thought to the bigger narrative and other films around them.

This is what I thought would happen this is the beginning of the MCU films crumbing under their own weight as jarring these films in creates bigger plot holes and leaves the audience wondering well whose story should I care about?

Am I meant to focus on the god problem in Eternal's or Peter Parkers multiverse issue which now seems very small now or the Loki and Scarlet Witch because Disney is not making anyone a central focus in the narrative, so the audience has no idea who they are meant to focus on.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:29 am

lol...I actually enjoyed the Black Widow movie for the fat Red Guardian....at last a super dude for the rest of us..... :devil:

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:01 am

Red Guardian and Yelena were the highlight of the movie. Black Widow was the most boring part of Black Widow, lol.

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
View Original PostEvaChero#932358 wrote:I have high hopes for "Morbius" it was the only other book in the "Midnight Sons" group I really enjoyed besides GR and JB.

My problem with Eternals is it should have been in first phase as prequel movie with the sequel now and tons breadcrumbs shown right up to end game that god like being other than Thor were around and have been doing a full on chariots of the gods in the literal sense. Them shoving it in now is too little too late, along with them putting in LGBT and diversity as again this should have been in the much earlier phases.

It's the same issue with the black widow this and eternals are not bad movies as stand-alone films, but they just feel jammed in to the MCU narrative without full development or thought to the bigger narrative and other films around them.

This is what I thought would happen this is the beginning of the MCU films crumbing under their own weight as jarring these films in creates bigger plot holes and leaves the audience wondering well whose story should I care about?

Am I meant to focus on the god problem in Eternal's or Peter Parkers multiverse issue which now seems very small now or the Loki and Scarlet Witch because Disney is not making anyone a central focus in the narrative, so the audience has no idea who they are meant to focus on.

TBH I expect the biggest problem that the MCU is going to have is that the movies are going to start to seem perfunctory and lacking in depth compared to the D+ series.

Do not double post; and do not quote an entire post - JoelcrNeto

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:33 pm

Moon Knight teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxgZUF8Cxps
Definitely the one I most interested in.

She Hulk teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FrTkqqzSk

Ms Marvel teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chxQ5h-Si0w

Quick Montage of footage from the above + Secret Invasion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaaDDYy7yA

Spider-Man - Freshman Year animated series set in the Mcu pre-Civil War - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-m ... #gs.forbvq

The 1992-97 animated X-Men series is getting a revival on Disney+ - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men-the-animated-series-revival-x-men-97-coming-to-disney-with-new-and-returning-cast-members-a189568
Last edited by movieartman on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:34 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:She Hulk teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FrTkqqzSk

Wow this has Tatiana Maslany like she is a stellar actor like her acting in Ginger Snaps 2 and Orphan Black are amazing. Like she could make this series excellent as she gets how to use different personalities.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Thuktun Flishithy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Odd seeing Bruce with both arms again. Unless they're setting this before Endgame?

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:01 pm

I saw Shang Chi. Easily one of the best Marvel movies.

There's a pattern here: If
Trevor Slattery
is in it, it's a good movie.

It's also one of the funniest. The humor is neatly sprinkled throughout and doesn't come off as forced, which was even an issue with Thor: Ragnarok

Thuktun Flishithy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thuktun Flishithy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:00 pm

I agree, Shang-Chi is probably the best first movie for a character save for perhaps Iron Man. The only thing I'd make as a knock against it was the soul-eating monsters in the third act, which I felt detracted a little from the family conflict between Shang-Chi and his father.

Also, I greatly enjoyed it because I could practice my Chinese a bit, including stuff like some jokes and nods that might go over the heads of people who don't speak Chinese. Fun fact: the bit where Wenwu tells the dude off "Be careful how you speak to me, young man. I've lived ten of your lifetimes," what he actually said better translates to "Son, show me a little respect. I've eaten more salt than you've eaten rice". (小子,你对我说话尊重一点。我吃的盐比你吃的饭多, or Xiaozi, ni duì wo shuōhuà zūnzhòng yīdian. Wo chī de yán bi ni chī de fàn duō). It's less a badass boast and more like the way a dad would tell off his son when he makes a joke about dad's weight or something.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am

Spider-Man - No Way Home is getting god tier reviews.
- https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-m ... rs-a190237
- https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-m ... #gs.jd8did

Great 2nd trailer I forgot to post a few weeks ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzbalQ6Lg8

Nitpick: With them completely changing Electro's design you would think they could give the Lizard his iconic snout.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:27 am

soooo...anyone else watching "Hawkeye"?......just finished the 4th ep...and I'm not sure I can continue it.
Hawkeye himself in it, is just as good as ever, the rest, not so much. I'm finding the humor rather forced and poor.
The original premise is fine but the execution...ugh.

the lack of damage the leader of the primary villain is taking...(arrow through the shoulder only causes a slight grimace...maybe
someone slipped her a little super soldier serum?) borders on silly

I understand trying to deliver some light Christmas cheer in the story but some gritty professionalism would have been nice from the character they
are trying to focus on (not Hawkeye) instead she comes across as ditzy, silly, and pretty shallow....if they are trying to show growth, I'm missing it.

best thing about the show is the adorable canine!!!!!!

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm

I'm mostly in it for Renner. He's got that big "making lasagna for him while he changes the oil our minivan" energy.

Also some it is genuinely hilarious. The
Pym Particle arrow
was funny as hell.

I don't like Hailey Steinfeld much. I didn't care for her much in Bumblebee, either. So far the only thing I've really enjoyed her in is Arcane.

Return to “Film and Video”