Image Request Thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Image Request Thread

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09 am

I was able to extract the pic from that PDF:
SPOILER: Show
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 am

View Original PostMarqFJA87 wrote:I don't suppose there's a single repository of all this official art?

Anybody who cretaed such a thing would be doing God's work.

@JoelcrNeto: Can I ask how you did that? :0

Also EGF is glitching out for me. Anytime I set my cursor or try to copy text all of it disappears, the entire post form.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:22 am

kuribo-04 wrote:@JoelcrNeto: Can I ask how you did that? :0

Using the Acrobat Reader DC software. I seleted the picture, and I copied the image. Next, I pasted on Paint, and save as PNG :D

Fortunately, the franchise logo was not part of the image, was placed on top of it.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 am

Awesome :D
Well we have the image now in HD!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:16 pm

Welp, looks like I'm late to the party. :P Anyways, nice job Joel. Now people behind the art collections of Sadamato on pinterest and zerochan should add this to their collection, for public convenience.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Baka Shinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Baka Shinji » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:07 am

Anyone have a clear version of these images? They're from the new manga collector's edition.

Image removed

Merged this into the Image Request thread, right above yours. Use an existing thread instead of starting a new one. - Staff

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:12 am

Links removed

Not exactly the best quality wise, still something. Found these on web. I tried using my photoshop skills to remove those sample watermarks when they first came out, almost succeeded before things had started to become quite hectic for me. Gave that a break until today, but instead found these out.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:30 am

I once had all the CGs on my old PC but not my current one.

Can anyone get me that pic from Iron maiden 2nd where Shinji is dancing with Rei while I somewhat jelly Asuka looks on in the background?

I need it for reasons.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:42 am

This one?

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 am

Yes, exactly! Thanks a bunch.
I didn't remember the adorable little intertwined hands even if it is a bit pointlessly mean-spirited XDD

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:27 pm

That image is hilarious, but I can't figure out for the life of me why Kensuke has hearts in his eyes while dancing with Asuka of all people. After getting slapped around in Episode 08, he and Toji are among the last people who'd ever want to be romantically involved with her!

What's the context of all the dancing, out of curiosity? Are there any more images like that to be had from Iron Maiden 2nd?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:49 pm

I assume they went with the mangaverse canon where he mildly has the hots for her. If you pick the Asuka ending, Shinji even has a moment of feeling a lil bit bad for "stealing her away", but not for long... mostly because he unexpectedly finds himself on a ship to Europe after Asuka straight up 'napped him. I wonder how they explained that one to Gendo and Yui.

In the manga it was basically just a brief throwaway joke tho ("wow, a hot girl doing crazy martial arts, step on me please") Since Kensuke doesn't really have an established love interest (apart from fanboying over Misato) there's a tendency to stick him with whoever is leftover at the end XD
As someone who actually likes Kensuke, 've never been too much of a fan of that rly - ep 19 foot-in-mouth-moment aside he's general a nice, insightful funny dude, not a thrashbag on which to dispose unwanted rival love interests XDD
Not everyone needs to be paired up anyways, they're all young & presumably still have many long years to get themselves a spouse if they be so inclined.

As for the context of the dance, this is the victory parade for beating all the angels. Yes, at once. It's as comedic at it sounds.

carl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby carl » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:47 pm

wow people are still active.. amazing!

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:59 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Since Kensuke doesn't really have an established love interest (apart from fanboying over Misato) there's a tendency to stick him with whoever is leftover at the end XD

Or pair him with an OC supporting character, usually a classmate/schoolmate. I vaguely remember one fanfic where the OC in question was a rather sporty yet also rather reserved and tall girl, contrasting with the somewhat short and rather bold nerd that he was... although I have the impression that there were one or two moments where she proved to be surprisingly bold on something that he's understandably hesitant about.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

PSIWasHere
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PSIWasHere » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Hey, sorry if this has already been posted but does anyone know where I could find a high quality rip of this? I've looked around for a little while and I came up blank. Thanks.

:)

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 pm

I have this one:
SPOILER: Show

PSIWasHere
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PSIWasHere » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:29 pm

This is great, Thank you.
:)

Garfieldwxg55
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Garfieldwxg55 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:18 am

So I noticed that there were these really nice, good quality scans of the fronts and backs Unit-00, Unit-00', Unit-01, Unit-02, Unit-03, and the Mass-Produced Evangelion on the Fandom Evangelion wiki:

Unit-00:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... _front.png
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... e_back.png

Unit-00':
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... e_back.png

Unit-01:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... front1.png
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... 1_back.png

Unit-02:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... 2_back.png

Unit-03:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... n_Back.png

Mass-Produced Evangelion:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... _Front.png
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... A_back.png

However, I was unable to find similar high quality art of Unit-04. From what I can tell, the art does exist, as the same wiki has some low quality versions of it:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... rtwork.png
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... G_scan.jpg
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/evang ... 4_scan.png

However, the colors are really inconsistent, and they are all on backgrounds (unlike the clean images for the rest of the units). So I was wondering if anyone had some high quality images of Unit-04 (or even higher quality images of the rest of the units), or at least knew where these images come from.

Many thanks!

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:14 pm

Many of them you find easily looking at Evangelion Chronicles scans.

Garfieldwxg55
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Garfieldwxg55 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:04 pm

Thanks JoelcrNeto, I just looked through all the Evangelion Chronicles scans, and it had some great images of Unit-00, 01, 02, 03 and the MPE. but it had nothing for Unit-04 (weirdly the images were there, but they were grayed out). Anyone know where I might be able to find some better art of it? Or at least, where the art we have comes from? Thanks :)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”