Where do we go from here?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Where do we go from here?

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:59 am

View Original PostJB2448 wrote:There'll be plenty of fresh eyes and perspectives to keep both the Evangelion fandom and the franchise itself alive. Hopefully the same can be said for EvaGeeks too.

Compared to the old hands who've been here for over a decade, I'm brand new. I can see that a tremendous amount of Shin chat happened over the last couple of years and especially since Japanese release in March. I'm a bit sad in that I feel like I missed the boat a bit, discussion-wise, but I'm hopeful that other noobs will sign up like I did and add perspective or at least re-discover stuff that you all knew in like 2010. -o-;

PSIWasHere
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PSIWasHere » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:25 am

You know, considering that Evangelion and End of Evangelion and all that came out relatively 23 years ago or so and we still have forums such as this where we discuss and dissect all related to it, I don't think missing the boat is possible. Yeah maybe some of the excitement dwells after some time, but there will always be those willing to talk about it should they hold the same interest in it as you. Like Eva, this discussion is timeless.
:)

deepseawaterport
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby deepseawaterport » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:58 am

I thought that we were going to get girlfriend steel, but now Shinji is a salary man in a polluted industrial city, married with nagging Mari, stressed and missing his time as an Eva pilot in a secret organization, no?

walucigi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby walucigi » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:05 am

My personal belief is that we're probably not going to get anything avant-garde for a while. Maybe some collabs with various companies, media, etc, but definitely not anything super new. I mean, 3.0 came out in 2014 and 4.0 came out this year... That's a 7-year difference.

So I guess we just keep the fandom alive until something new pops up ^-^
currently: @ school
they or he / “get in the fucken robot Shinji!”

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:07 pm

I’d honestly be shocked if we don’t get a cutesy slice of life series within 5 years. Of the existing spin-offs, Angelic Days is the most logical to adapt because it’s something low-commitment they could do cleanly in one season (12 episodes, even), and it easily has the most coherent story.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:59 pm

You know how the official 1.0-3.0 recap video from Khara was titled "Koremade no Evangelion" (Previously, in Evangelion), then the 3.0+1.0 recap is "Genzai no Evangelion" (Currently, in Evangelion), so I was expecting a "Korekara no Evangelion" (Evangelion, from now on...) and only God knows what's inside it to show up at some point. :nyao:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”