Does Evangelion ever make you depressed?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Did EVA ever let you feel depressed?

•      
  •      

Postby Slowpokeking » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 pm

The later part sure got depressing, starting from Toji's incident. Asuka's mental corruption was terrible.

But I never truly felt depressed when watching the show, since we got to see characters like Misato and Rei II develop and open their heart to help others. Rei II died but she died as a person instead of a tool, dying to protect her love. Same for Misato, while I always felt so touched in that EoE scene, it also encouraged me to have hope in this world because humans can be so beautiful and great.

We already have a thread covering this subject. I'm merging your post with it - BernardoCairo

Monarch
Embryo

Re: Does Evangelion ever make you depressed?

•      
  •      

Postby Monarch » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:23 pm

No. I think Eva, especially NGE and it’s ending, are quite hopeful.
You’re Loved

Sentient Evangelion
Embryo

Re: Does Evangelion ever make you depressed?

•      
  •      

Postby Sentient Evangelion » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:13 pm

I've never felt depressed when watching it, but I did feel pretty empty after watching the series and EoE on netflix. Of course, that didn't stop me from trying to find a box-set to order.
I Just Feel Pity For The Redhead.|Maybe The Chick Stuck Inside Of The Mech Too.|

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”