What manga are you reading right now?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: What manga are you reading right now?

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:29 am

Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de

Simple,short yet deep. I'll say it's a hidden gem. Don't judge it by its name or synopsis.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

EvaUnitREM
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaUnitREM » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:19 am

Well currently im reading my Blend S manga, its in full I believe kanji, may be katakana, ive been trying to translate it and well, its crazy hard, besides that im reading my jojo's bizzare adventure manga, specifically part 4.

Abracadaver
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abracadaver » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 pm

I've been really obsessed with Chainsaw Man lately, is anybody else reading this series? This is the most excited I've been about a Shonen Jump series in a really long time. It was recently announced it's getting an anime adaptation this year by studio MAPPA and I'm stoked.

I also recently began the daunting task of reading One Piece and I'm 91 chapters in. Only 909 more to go... :bigeyes:

Sharpe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sharpe » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 pm

View Original PostAbracadaver wrote:I've been really obsessed with Chainsaw Man lately, is anybody else reading this series? This is the most excited I've been about a Shonen Jump series in a really long time. It was recently announced it's getting an anime adaptation this year by studio MAPPA and I'm stoked.

I just read the whole of Part 1 in two days and thought it was amazing. That being said I don't read much manga, I usually prefer to watch an anime.
we are many, but you are alone

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm

So I've been on a bit of a horror manga kick lately, and I read Starving Anonymous by Yuu Kuraishi. The best way I can describe it is as The Promised Neverland meets The Matrix. Basically the story revolves around

SPOILER: Show
two teenage boys who are kidnapped and taken to a massive hidden facility where they are put in what amounts to a factory farm for humans. This "farm", it turns out, is breeding humans to provide food for a species of aliens who are the real rulers of the world. If the aliens are not provided with food, they will destroy humanity. I'm a huge sucker for creepy industrial facilities as horror set-pieces, so this series pressed all the right buttons.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue May 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Attack on Titan ended last month, but extra panels (They're visual only for the most part) from the extended ending (which are going to be included in the final volume) were leaked and I think it's much more fitting end than the one from the magazine.
SPOILER: Show
Peace talks with the yeagerists went well based on the fact that Jean(?) was allowed to live with Mikasa and have kids with her, but as I expected as soon as the main cast died off 60 + 70 years later, the rest of the world decided to attack paradis and destroy it presumably because of the rumbling and the damage it caused. This new ending definitely puts alliances actions to more grey area. Perhaps they should have allowed Eren to destroy the world so that people on paradis could have lived on much longer than what they ended up living.
The worm creature from Ymir Fritz flashback also has been reborn from Eren's head and has formed a new god tree, which one Eldian (?) kid in military gear finds and probably causes another cycle of hatred and violence.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm

It seems Kentaro Miura, writer/artist of Berserk has died.

RIP.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 am

I'm going to reread Berserk from the beginning, in honor of the legend. God damn.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu May 20, 2021 3:31 am

View Original Postbaldur wrote:I'm going to reread Berserk from the beginning, in honor of the legend. God damn.
Even in its unfinished state (Or maybe because of it) its absolutely worth the ride.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Because some maniac has been storytiming it, I'm reading One Piece, the only one of the classic Big Three which I'd thought might have appealed to 12-year-old me. It's been a fun, if entirely fluffy, ride on way to Wano, though I'm fairly sure that's due to the speeding through it rather than suffering months over any given fight.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

PSIWasHere
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PSIWasHere » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:31 am

Reading Berserk, about 134 chapters in and I'm having a lot of fun, Can't wait to watch the 90s adaptation when I finish the manga also.
:)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Hakaijuu -- total schlock, but it runs with it with great gusto. "Something is coming to destroy Japan -- so, get in the kaijuu, Sensei!"
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

walucigi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby walucigi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:15 am

I've been reading HxH and Evangelion (wow shocker), but I have a bad habit of reading out of order :nyao: so I'm not sure which edition they are exactly. I think for Eva it's book 10 and HxH book 7??
currently: @ school
they or he / “get in the fucken robot Shinji!”

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 pm

I just finished reading Bloom into You. The last volume is quite ero in some chapters, but well done (the author is female and it shows; male authors tend to go too fast into the sexytimes). I was quite amused by two things: that Yu is the more forward one when it comes to the really intimate bits (it's always the quiet ones... :D ) and my own reaction to the depicted acts, which went straight to "If I were female and had a girlfriend I'd love to do that/have that done to me" ^_^ (one of those moments that confirms I'm definitively in the LBGTetc. corner...). This manga was very much a guilty pleasure, yes :nyao: .
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:18 am

I've just finished reading Joshi Kouhei ("Assault Girl") -- it's like Apocalypse Now, only with Japanese school-girls. Except that the school-girls are giant bio-mechs piloted by draftees in some god-forsaken eternal war, and the pilots have plug-depth issues that make Eva pilots look like models of perfect mental health and stability. And the commander of a squad that has to deal with the ones who flip out is getting strange texts while in his assault-girl role, from someone who knows far more than they ought about what's going on on the battlefield.

when you need a break from your squad's R&R time  SPOILER: Show

FWIW, there is assault girl nudity -- indeed at times there's enough bush and gore you might think you'd been transported back to the latter part of the year 2000.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Sounds potentially interesting; friend of mine sang high praise about something with a premise so imilar it might be the same thing, but the title escapes me, so I can't say for certain
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Anime and Manga”