Is Jeremy Clarkson a Evangelion fan?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Luigi shinji
Adam

Is Jeremy Clarkson a Evangelion fan?

•      
  •      

Postby Luigi shinji » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:05 pm

So in order to watch 3.0+1.0 I got an amazon prime accunt and while I got it I also started watching the Grand Tour since I was a Top Gear fan. Now I just finished an episode where they made some custom built beach buggies and the one builed by Jeremy Clarkson is seems familiar to me.

And he also have a sunglass thats reminds me to Gendos glass

What do you guys think about it?
Last edited by Luigi shinji on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Is Jeremy Clarkson a Evangelion fan?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:12 pm

that's... peculiar indeed. I wouldn't have put clarkson as an Eva fan, but this may very much have been an idea of May; the man has cosplayed Ultraman before, so I wouldn't put it past him to also have seen Eva
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:26 pm

This perplexed me, so I had to look further....

I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3T29TwpXQ pun intended.

Then this https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelionmemes/comments/on54y7/evangelion_kiss_scene_but_its_dubbed_by_jeremy/ the second one though could just be someone working with his voice, but the first confirms he knows what anime is and has been looking at it.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 pm

oh yeah, both of these are edits; but there have been passing mentions of anime on the show on a few occasions
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Fan Works”