Telling apart read and unread topics?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

Telling apart read and unread topics?

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:51 am

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to ask this question in!

I am catching up on Evageeks discussion of the rebuilds by reading older topics. It would be nice to be able to tell apart topics I've read from topics I've never opened (and thus contain 100% unread / new posts, at least from my perspective). Here are some screenshots from arbitrary page 22, which I'm sure I've never gotten to before making this new topic here today.

Page 22 before I click on any topic at all:

The same page 22's topic section after I click on and scroll through all posts in the second topic "Neon Genesis IMPACTS ( A short video )":

The problem is that I can't tell the before and after versions of that topic apart; it would be nice of the before version indicated it had unread / new to me posts in it while the after version didn't. Am I doing something dumb; is there an easy fix for this?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Telling apart read and unread topics?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:01 am

There is a system for new posts that were made after you last clicked a thread, the red highlighting, but nothing for posts before the creation of your account I'm afraid.
I'd have to ask one of our backend guys if there's an easy fix for that in the settings somewhere
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Telling apart read and unread topics?

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:05 am

Thanks for your quick reply. It would be nice if there is a backend fix; would really help navigation for forum n00bs like me who'd like to read up and bump old topics with new posts rather than littering the forum with new (potentially repeat) topics. :D

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”