Unit 01 shouldn't have an AT-Field.

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ko149
Embryo

Unit 01 shouldn't have an AT-Field.

•      
  •      

Postby Ko149 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:03 am

If Unit 01 is made form Lilith, how can it have an external AT-Field?
Unit 01 being "created" from Lilith would make it a tree of knowledge based being like humans (Lilin).
So it would make sense for it to have an internal emotional AT-Field. Instead 01 uses an AT-Field like the ADAM based creatures ie Angels and other EVAs.
???

walucigi
Embryo

Re: Unit 01 shouldn't have an AT-Field.

•      
  •      

Postby walucigi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:59 am

As stated in part of the Evawiki: "Each Evangelion has a human soul inside it: A.T. Fields are generated by the human soul contained within the Eva."
So yea

And as for the Fruit of Knowledge (assuming that's what you meant), I have no clue how Unit 01 got it or where it even came from. I do know that it obtained the Fruit of Life from eating Zeruel, but that's the extent of my knowledge on this.
currently: @ school
they or he / “get in the fucken robot Shinji!”

Ko149
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ko149 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:40 am

In EoE a Seele member says that unit 01 was made form Lilith unlike the other Evas which is what made me ask this question.

The way i understand it the external A.T. Field is generated by the Eva itself and the human soul is just there to facilitate a way to control it.
Evas are made from Adam so they are basically the same as angels (they even have a core) therefor it makes sense that they can use an external A.T Field which is an ability specific to creatures with the fruit of life.

Eva unit 01 on the other hand, atleast before it eats Zeruel, an entirely Lilith based creature possessing only the fruit of knowledge.
Eva unit 01 has 3 potential sources for the A.T Field, the pilot, the soul or the body. In this case the pilot is a Lilin/Human, Yui is also a Lilin and the body is created form Lilith which also kinda makes it a Lilin no?

Unit 01 (the body) is basically the opposite of Kaworu. Kaworu is an Adam based creature in the shape of a small weak human. Because he is an Adam based creature with the fruit of life he does not have an internal A.T Field, which is why he is able to love Shinji unconditionally. Instead he has an external A.T field as we see when he descends through NERV headquarters. Unit 01 however is a Lilith based creature with a big powerful body. Because it is Lilith based and explicitly has the fruit of knowledge it should NOT have an external A.T. Field, only an internal one.

So, why the fuck, can Eva 01 which possesses ONLY the fruit of knowledge (before it eats Zeruel) use the Fruit of life ability to make an external A.T Field.
Anyway that's what i meant i hope i was more clear this time.

If it is as you say and the A.T. Field comes from the soul of the mother (that does seem to be the case as seen in the Asuka fight where she interprets the A.T. Field to be her mother protecting her) then my question is why the soul of a human/lilin would be able to make an external A.T. Field.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:45 am

You don't need a specific fruit in order to manifest an A.T field, as it's just an ego barrier which retains distinction of each living being with a soul. It's an explicit attribution of having a soul, as stated by Kaworu. It's just that the Angels and Evas have enough power to manifest it physically while Lilins are only capable of only retaining it psychologically to maintain their distinction from every aspect. While it can be said that the amount of power an Angel can generate from its S2 engine should be limitless (which substantiates their capability of manifesting A.T field physically or atleast makes it credible) as opposed to what's being fed to the Evas externally via the umbilical cord, we don't know for sure how far Nerv's technological proficiency goes. For all we know, they're capable of doing almost anything as long as it helps them fulfill their agenda. My guess is that it has something to do with the Evas' cores which highly look and act alike the Angels' core aka S2 engine except the fact that the cores are not unable to generate infinite power, which somehow gets sufficed with a portion of it from the external power source, but atleast reaches the power threshold of manifesting a substantial A.T field alongside the requisite of the soul of the pilot and the resident soul of the core of Eva(not the Eva itself, mind you), as the core also works as a receptacle of soul(s).

In contrary to that, it's conspicuous enough that an Anti A.T field can't be generated without the S2 engine/fruit of life, as mentioned by Fuyutsuki or someone from the bridge bunnies in EoE(can't remember exactly who as it's been a while since I watched the movie).
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

walucigi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby walucigi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:42 am

View Original PostKo149 wrote:In EoE a Seele member says that unit 01 was made form Lilith unlike the other Evas which is what made me ask this question.

I believe the reason why Unit 01 is Lilith-based is that SEELE wanted a clone of Lilith, to initiate the Third Impact. As Berserker already stated, Evas are able to manipulate how they use their A.T Fields, but they are contained in each soul.

Eva unit 01 on the other hand, atleast before it eats Zeruel, an entirely Lilith based creature possessing only the fruit of knowledge.
Eva unit 01 has 3 potential sources for the A.T Field, the pilot, the soul or the body. In this case the pilot is a Lilin/Human, Yui is also a Lilin and the body is created form Lilith which also kinda makes it a Lilin no?

This does bring up a very interesting topic. Unit 01 acts the same as Adam-based Evas, so there's not much difference between the two 'types' of Evas. Personally, I think whether an Eva is made from Adam or Lilith doesn't matter; they are engineered in a similar manner and don't have their own souls (only human). All Evas are just artificial angels no matter the base.
currently: @ school
they or he / “get in the fucken robot Shinji!”

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:51 am

As far as producing external AT fields is concerned, categorizing into angel/adam based vs lilith/lilim based is imo all pretty irrelevant.
They and we are all angels anyway. Adam is the first angel, Lilith is the second angel, mankind is the last angel.

The only difference is, afaik, having the fruit of life or knowledge.
Producing an external AT field is is a matter of having enough power (provided by an s2 engine, or fed by umbilical cable or whatever other means).

An external one is just a matter of size (and thus enough power to get to that size), people all produce one to maintain an ego.

My 2 cents

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”