Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Welcome back, Sicarius VI.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

ACruelAngelsAnalysis
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ACruelAngelsAnalysis » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:11 pm

Hello! I am very glad to be here! My purpose for joining the form is to create an analysis video of the Evangelion Rebuilds, with main focus of analysis is for the Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: Thrice Upon a Time with discussion of the other films, EOE, and NGE to make sure this project comes out perfectly. If anyone can be of help with my research and fact checking, I'm always open to communication through PMs.

If I have made any mistakes in making this reply, please notify me of it as I am not used to the format of forums.
Hope to become good friends with people here!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 am

I'm busy, so I'm not fully coming back just yet.
But thought I'd say hi to Nuclear Lunchbox...in case you see this. Has been a long time since I saw you on this forum. Really brings me back to 3.0 days.

About Shin Eva, I managed to stay spoiler free, and watched the film when it came out on amazon
SPOILER: Show
(masterpiece)
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Hi, kuribo! I'm glad you accomplished your mission to stay away from spoilers. It wasn't an easy task, I suppose. Anyway, I'm sure it was worth it. ^_^
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

ultimate5800
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ultimate5800 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:52 am

Hello,

I am new here, honestly I don't know why I wasn't here before.
Glad to meet everyone and hopefully can make new friends!
Last edited by ultimate5800 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:23 am

Welcome, ultimate5800 and ACruelAngelsAnalysis!

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I'm busy, so I'm not fully coming back just yet.

Oh, hi kuribo!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

EvaUnit88
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaUnit88 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi, I'm another new person here. I've been a lurker on this site for a while, like back from the late 2000s and never really thought about interacting before. I don't plan on being regular, but maybe I'll engage in some conversations every now and again if I feel like it.

The biggest hope I have is that I might be able to start up "What if" conversations. I know some of these conversations might be pointless and counterproductive to how Eva is supposed to be approached, but I just can't help but feel some scenarios bounce around in my head that I've wondered about since I first watched this show way back in the day. I've always been fascinated by alternate situations on preestablished events, hence why I'm so interested in stuff like alternate history and such.

I'm happy to at least get a little introduction out of the way at least, hope to be the start of something cool.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:07 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Oh, hi kuribo!

Hi! :)

BernardoCairo wrote:Hi, kuribo! I'm glad you accomplished your mission to stay away from spoilers. It wasn't an easy task, I suppose. Anyway, I'm sure it was worth it. ^_^

It wasn't easy haha (though a little easier than expected). No following khara on social media (have to catch up on some things), no twitter or other social media timelines, etc. But it worked!

I think it is worth mentioning that this has been an incredibly tough couple months in my life, and finally having this movie has filled me with an energy that was totally lacking. So I might come back soon.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:15 pm

ayyy, welcome back kuribo!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:00 am

Welcome back, kuribo-04.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

RichieIkari7
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RichieIkari7 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Richie, I first watched Eva back in 2015 but it was only the first few episodes, then earlier this year I rewatched it and I absolutely love it, one of my favourite anime, I've joined to see if I can find more people to talk about Eva with and to join in on discussions about it. ^_^

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Welcome EvaUnit88 and Richie!

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I think it is worth mentioning that this has been an incredibly tough couple months in my life, and finally having this movie has filled me with an energy that was totally lacking. So I might come back soon.

I remember you were having bad days and a big mood swing. May everything get better for you.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Monarch
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Monarch » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Hey!

I’ve known about EvaGeeks for a couple years, now that the rebuilds have finished I’ve decided to finally make the leap and join. I’m looking forward to seeing y’all on the forums ^.^
You’re Loved

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Welcome aboard!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:28 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:But thought I'd say hi to Nuclear Lunchbox...in case you see this. Has been a long time since I saw you on this forum. Really brings me back to 3.0 days.

Now we're just in 3.333 days. :emogendo:

Welcome back!

ansette
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ansette » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Hey!

First post in the forums. I find myself at the mercy of a hyper-fixation on the Evangelion franchise and--after reading a whole lot of wiki entries--I've finally decided that a good outlet for it would be to get involved with the community!

I hope I can find my own little place with you all and add a little bit to the place.
Warning:

The contents of this post may be dangerously lacking in sense. Reader discretion is advised.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm

Welcome welcome!

Retromantique
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Retromantique » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello all!

I love this old school internet circa 2000s message boards. Very nostalgic. I'm so glad I found a community of fellow EVA fans that is active and takes that form!

A little about me : Québécoise (French-Canadian) living in Montreal. Studies to teach Ethics & Religious Cultures at the high school level, but considering going further with a master to teach college-level. When people compare me with NGE characters, they invariably go with Asuka, because in academics I am high performing, competitive, give off strong leadership vibes, can be rather impatient/curt, and, well, I'm a long-haired redhead. But I feel like Shinji on the inside, constantly doubting myself and what I should do; took me a long ass while to get in the fucking robot. However, I feel I aspire to be Rei, because she is selfless and gets shit done, even if it means self-sacrifice.

SO. I found this board while I was researching material for a paper I have to submit at the end of my semester. It's from a religious sciences class called "Women and mythologies". I wish to analyse the S.C. Magi System, although, if material is too scarce, I'll have to fall back on Eva Unit 01.

Where would you suggest I create a thread to share with you what I gather from my research and to receive your inputs? I'm sooo excited and I'm looking forward to start working on this! *__*

Thanks for reading me :3

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:38 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Now we're just in 3.333 days. :emogendo:

Welcome back!

True! haha
And thanks!
Blockio wrote:ayyy, welcome back kuribo!

Thanks!

JoelcrNeto wrote:I remember you were having bad days and a big mood swing. May everything get better for you.

Thank you!
Yes, I'm generally quite a bit better now. 2020 was just really hard, and on top of that in recent months had to deal with the loss of my dog (got to be almost 16) and a family member having an illness (which they beat!). I've mostly recovered from these tough times though!

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Oh hey, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope you're doing great now and everything else turns out well as soon as possible.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”