Credits of EOE at the end of the movie

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
RussianRiz
Adam

Credits of EOE at the end of the movie

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:22 am

So I'm doing my research to contribute to the wiki, and would like a confirmation from sources and origins.

What I do know, is that there is an EoE version where the credits are presented at the end, rather than in the middle, as we are conventionally used to. I would like confirmation of what this version would be. Was it the old American version of the movie, by any chance (Manga Entertainment, I think), or was it from the domestic release from Laserdisc?

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: Credits of EOE at the end of the movie

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:50 pm

View Original PostRussianRiz wrote:So I'm doing my research to contribute to the wiki, and would like a confirmation from sources and origins.

What I do know, is that there is an EoE version where the credits are presented at the end, rather than in the middle, as we are conventionally used to. I would like confirmation of what this version would be. Was it the old American version of the movie, by any chance (Manga Entertainment, I think), or was it from the domestic release from Laserdisc?

End of Evangelion exists as a theatrical double-feature of 25'+26'. While EoE exists as a product in Japan and globally, versions of 25' and 26' were included in the Japanese VHS/Laserdisc Genesis releases; Genesis 0:13 contained 25 and 25', Genesis 0:14 contained 26 and 26'. Genesis 25' has a unique episode preview sequence for 26' (a camera pointing at the ceiling on a trolley cart being strolled through the studio) and both have similar but subtley different ED's (I think snow for 25' and red snow for 26'?) and subtle differences like Asuka's "No" being silent but subbed. I think comparisons were somewhere possibly on the Wiki but I forget where and can't currently find them.
However:
https://wiki.evageeks.org/Japanese_Video_Releases
thread/716/EoE-Video-and-Theatrical-Difference/

RussianRiz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:14 pm

Hmm, I didn't know about this difference in Asuka's line.

This difference in the video and theatrical versions helps to clarify another changes, such as the credits position and use. Thanks!

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:46 pm

RussianRiz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:50 pm

Thank you again. That's just what I was looking for!

mirakodus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mirakodus » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:50 pm

here is the link for video credits:
https://easyupload.io/8mdxzl
"Fate of destruction is also the joy of the rebirth"

RussianRiz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RussianRiz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:26 pm

Awesome! Thank you very much for sharing it!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”