Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Berserk

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Original post : Sun Aug 08, 2021 22:29 BST
Apparently a further chapter that was in production is being finished and will be released on September 10th (in Young Animal, IIRC), along with some tributes and promotional material, so we shan't be left with a final panel being one of the naked Moonchild.

Yeah, I read it for the first time when some /a/non did a memorial storytime recently; as I suspected, from long ago, not really my thing, but meticulous art.

Updated info

Ad with teaser page -- https://ameblo.jp/shigechavin/entry-12691495857.html
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:25 pm

With the first 10 episodes of 1997 Berserk covered, I am having a hard time trying to decide whether Princess Charlotte is either easy to manipulate or just plain dumb.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:With the first 10 episodes of 1997 Berserk covered, I am having a hard time trying to decide whether Princess Charlotte is either easy to manipulate or just plain dumb.

Well, she is a very sheltered and naive young girl.

Also, Griffith' charisma is rather otherworldy, to show that he stands above them all in a certain sense. In the manga Guts even comments on it.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:06 pm

I see.

Another question I have is was Griffith making a true theory that the King secretly lusted for Princess Charlotte while he was being tortured? IDK if it was established in the 1997 OG since I saw that part in Golden Age Arc second movie.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:29 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:was Griffith making a true theory that the King secretly lusted for Princess Charlotte
The manga made it a plain fact; that's one of many things that an anime adaptation might well finesse.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:22 pm

Eleven episodes into the 1997 anime and already I hate Princess Charlotte because when she asked Casca to make sure Griffith returned from battle safe and alive, she did it in an insulting way like the consequences for Casca would be assuredly worse for her if she didn't stick to her word.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:40 am

Due to unprecedented demand, Berserk is continuing

English announcement

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:55 am

After being anxious about this for a while, I decided to be cautiously optimistic.
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:40 am

Well... It is what it is. This ain't Miura's Berserk all right.

Guess I'll keep reading but really...
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 pm

It's a downgrade from Miura's Berserk, but i'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of these first couple chapters. Still wish Miura could have finished it himself, but Mori and Gaga are doing a good enough job of finishing Miura's planned story beats, even though it feels a bit rushed and at times skeletal.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Anime and Manga”