[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:09 pm

There is also these prize figures from Ichiban Kuji:

SPOILER: Show

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1339971/

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Kaiyodo released some new pics of Eva 08 Gamma, including an interesting piece of sculpting in the arm:

SPOILER: Show

The pneumatic cylinders extend, contract and rotate along with the arm motion.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:57 pm

o shit, that's so dope
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 pm

Adam's balls, Kaiyodo is getting exensive!
Eva 08 Gamma is up for pre-order at 83 USD!!!

Most others are going for 45-50!
I get it's mostly new sculpt but it's nowhere near as complicated as Eva 08 ICC or Eva 02!

nyugvo6
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nyugvo6 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:59 pm

what's the tallest TV version 01 figure?
I'm searching for something specific. it's not the chogokin or the PG kit that I'm looking for.
one two, one two...

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:22 pm

The tallest I know of are the Tsukuda Hobby figures that were about 16 inches tall. They were not action figures, but statues.

View Original Postquirkthekenku wrote:Hi all! First time posting—I figured folks here would most appreciate this recent acquisition: Units 00, 01, and 02, TV version, approx 16in tall, PVC, by Tsukuda Hobby circa 1997. They're everything I hoped they would be. Their waterslide decals look damaged, so I'll probably leave them be. Are these the biggest commercial figures of the original TV Evas? For size comparison, I gave a quarter to Unit-00 and sat my Kaiyodo Eva-01 underneath.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:30 am

The old Volks Mechanical Moving Model is advertised as 60cm on the box. If you camp mandarake or Y!J you should be able to get one for around 20k yen. Do not buy from the ebay scalpers that pretend it's worth $800. That kit is an even bigger pain in the ass than the Kotobukiya Technique Impossible.

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:08 am

Yeah, old Eva kits have an unfortunate tendency of being somewhat ass. The Bandai PErfect Grade is also not exactly... perfect, by any stretch of the term. Still gonna try to get my hands on one some day just to say that I have done it, but I'm not expecting to have a good time with it for the most part.
Body condom ahoy.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:51 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Yeah, old Eva kits have an unfortunate tendency of being somewhat ass.

It's not the age that's the problem, it's the gimmicks. As you mentioned the body condom of the PG Eva, that's the same exact problem that plagues the Volks 60cm and Koto's Technique Impossible kits.

The 90s Bandai TV series HG kits are honestly fantastic...if not for the rubber arms gimmick...but otherwise they've got great proportions and detail for the cheap price without overcomplicating any anything else.

Likewise the small Kotobikiya all-resin full action kits are just gorgeously detailed for their size and have fairly simple resin chunks + polycaps construction.

When you get into static kits there's tons and tons of beautiful sculpts everywhere.

It's always the gimmicks that ruin everything. Trying to hide the joints with rubber never works. And heck at the end of the day noone cares about visible joints. Just look at the Damashii and Revos flying off the shelves.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Oh yeah, I've built a bunch of other kits from the time that were lovely to work with, it is specifically the Eva ones that suck.
At least as far as the Bandai ones are concerned; haven't dabbled in Koto or Resin just yet

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:11 pm

My haul finally arrived today; between that and the 03/04 I got a while ago, I finally have a complete TV Eva lineup! except MPEs, those fuckers are expensive

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:19 am

It's happening!!!

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

A Robot Spirits MK 6 was at the top of my Wishlist, so excited for this!!! Now, if they could just do all the remaining Evas from Rebuild, especially 3.0 and the remaining from Shin Eva and maybe Evas from the original series. So basically all the Evas in existence.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:40 am

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:It's happening!!!

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

A Robot Spirits MK 6 was at the top of my Wishlist, so excited for this!!! Now, if they could just do all the remaining Evas from Rebuild, especially 3.0 and the remaining from Shin Eva and maybe Evas from the original series. So basically all the Evas in existence.

Ooh, nice!
I mean, I don't collect RD's, but that usually pokes Revoltech into trying to outdo them with new figures (which have been painfully slow to come out). Hopefully we'll get an arms race like the one post-Evangelion 2.0

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I finally have a complete TV Eva lineup! except MPEs, those fuckers are expensive

They pop cheap once in a while at Mandarake. If you don't wanna buy two separate figures, they re-released the complete edition a couple times already, so those are not that hard to come by.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:36 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:They pop cheap once in a while at Mandarake. If you don't wanna buy two separate figures, they re-released the complete edition a couple times already, so those are not that hard to come by.

Huh, I've only ever seen the complete editions for moon prices so far; I should check Manda more, I usually only go through yahoo/amazon jp, rakuten and surugaya. well that and the problem also is that I sorta kinda want all nine of them, so that might be a bit more pricy

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Ok, now. That's just greed :emogendo:
Says the one who is learning Blender and bought a 3D printer for the express purpose of making custom Eva figures

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:04 am

Just paid for my Dynaction unit 02. The shipping hurt...
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

AyaToyBox
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AyaToyBox » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:57 am

EVA FRAME, they have nice proportion cheap quality but if just for display they are fine :D

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:49 pm

View Original PostAyaToyBox wrote:EVA FRAME, they have nice proportion cheap quality but if just for display they are fine :D

Which ones are those?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:34 pm

G-Frame I think

AyaToyBox
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AyaToyBox » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:44 am

Yes the candy toy one similar to G frame
The only problem is you got no optional hands,the weapon connected via peg
so it's very awkward holding weapons

Eva 01 and 13 have extra holding hands but they only means for holding the spears

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”