Favourite Eva designs?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

walucigi
Embryo

Favourite Eva designs?

•      
  •      

Postby walucigi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:25 am

Title, Including any and all designs from the tv series, anima, rebuilds, games, etc etc. Give a little detail about why you like them or what about them you like, if you want. Or don't. Doesn't matter.

I guess I'll start. By far, my favourite unit has been Unit 02 (specifically the rebuild Unit-02'γ in 3.0). It's a little different than past designs, including the 'beast mode' that was also seen in 2.0. In terms of aesthetics, I like that it matches Asuka with the arm and facepiece. Great unit design.
Some others on my favourites list would be the Provisional Unit 05 (from rebuild 2.0), and Unit 02 Type II Allegorica (yes, another version of 02 but this one's from the Anima series). Unit 05's is by far one of the most unique Eva designs I've seen; a very versatile unit even without normal Eva legs. As for Unit 02 Allegorica, I love the design with or without the Allegroica equipment. Honestly, all the Eva designs in the Anima series are amazing.
currently: @ school
they or he / “get in the fucken robot Shinji!”

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Favourite Eva designs?

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:43 am

My top 3:
MPE
Mk 6
Repaired Unit-2 from 3.0 (with the robot arm)

Honorable mentions for the black version of Mk 9 and the Rebuild-color Unit 0.

The MPE is just an iconic design and really captures the creepy organic mecha look with their weird red lips and eyeless faces.

Mk 6 is just a cool and sleek design with a nice color scheme. Also has a really cool helmet. Should’ve had more than Mk 6 seconds of screen time, lol.

I never really liked the Rebuild-colored Unit 2 but the repaired version just looks badass. Not much more to say on the matter.

Sentient Evangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sentient Evangelion » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:49 pm

NGE Unit-01, Mark-6, and NGE!Unit-02 are my favorites; although I would like Unit-02 to have some of the extra bells and whistles that it has in 2.0.
I Just Feel Pity For The Redhead.|Maybe The Chick Stuck Inside Of The Mech Too.|

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:43 am

1: Eva Mk. VI. Just a beautiful design and paint job.
2: Awakened Unit 01. This should have been Unit 01's default paint job in the rebuild.
3: Eva Unit 04. I'm rooting for this silver eva to get some screentime some day. To me it's like a ghost eva, constantly hovering on the edge of canon.
4: Eva Unit 03. How do you make the production model even cooler? Paint it black.
5: NGE Unit 02. I hate the redesigned helmet from the rebuild version.
[Redacted]

Registration2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Registration2 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:02 pm

Best color scheme: Mark.06 test color
Best Design: Evangelion Final Model

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:09 am

I liked the rebuild unit 00 because it holds the same postures like Rei does, theirs a bit of humanity in them that was important enough to mention in the OG series and that sort of got lost in later units and later in the rebuilds.
Like does anyone know or care who's soul is in the mark 6 does it even matter?
also white silver and orange is a good color combo that said having the tip of her crotch in a contrasting color was a bid of a weird design move I would have kept in orange and if a contrasting color was demanded making it black would have worked better aswel, making it red probably wouldn't have made it past the censors (and prove their would be worse choises)

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:59 pm

blocks your path

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”