Eva At Work

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

fishingemojis
Embryo

Eva At Work

•      
  •      

Postby fishingemojis » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:25 pm

Hello! My apologies if this is a silly question, as I don't know much about Evangelion fandom history, but why is the Eva at Work series so hard to look into and find? The only way I could find it was through tracing it back on the Wayback Machine as a google search wasn't sufficient. Did something happen with it, or is it simply unimportant? I personally find it and its works fascinating. Thank you! ^__^

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Eva At Work

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:39 pm

Fanfiction is a very fickle thing ultimately; a friend of mine had been reading an alternate take on SW Rebels for a long time; one day the author deleted his account for reasons noone ever found out, and the whole thing vanished into thin air, despite it apparently having been one of the most popular of its kind noone ever seems to have made a backup of it anywhere.
A fanfic being hard to find is not really a signifier of the traction it had, just a reminder that preserving works like them has to be an active effort that ultimately lies in the hands of everyone who would like to see them preserved.

At least I assume that Eva At Work is a fanfiction; a quick google search brought up nothing relevant but this thread
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

fishingemojis
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fishingemojis » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:43 pm

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostBlockio wrote:Fanfiction is a very fickle thing ultimately; a friend of mine had been reading an alternate take on SW Rebels for a long time; one day the author deleted his account for reasons noone ever found out, and the whole thing vanished into thin air, despite it apparently having been one of the most popular of its kind noone ever seems to have made a backup of it anywhere.
A fanfic being hard to find is not really a signifier of the traction it had, just a reminder that preserving works like them has to be an active effort that ultimately lies in the hands of everyone who would like to see them preserved.

At least I assume that Eva At Work is a fanfiction; a quick google search brought up nothing relevant but this thread

mass quote hidden - staff

Believe it or not, Eva at Work is actually an official multimedia collaboration to celebrate EVA's 10 year anniversary! If you look up EVA AT WORK work05, a video showcasing a tattoo made for the series will come up haha! Super cool stuff...still odd that it's been removed off the face of the earth as it has.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:41 pm

oh. Whoops, got confused by the subforum placement; yeah, never heard of the thing.
but much of the same that I said for fanfiction also applies to promotion campaigns, especially the ones that involve multiple companies
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

fishingemojis
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fishingemojis » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:44 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:but much of the same that I said for fanfiction also applies to promotion campaigns, especially the ones that involve multiple companies

Thats so odd..I suppose you're right though! This makes me want to archive even the most menial things...just in case haha!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:29 pm

By all means, absolutely do so. Often the menial things are the ones that get overlooked in archiving efforts, because that stuff is so basic, surely someone has done it already, I don't need to put in that effort myself; and that's how you end up with that exact stuff missing, because everyone thought someone else has already done it.
So yeah, archiving is an important part of keeping things alive, and I salute everyone who takes part in the effort

Return to “Fan Works”