Eva characters in the Gundam universe.

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Eva characters in the Gundam universe.

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:41 pm

Not sure if someone had thought of that yet or not. I kind of think it’s an interesting concept, like one of those ‘What ifs’ and alternate universe. Maybe there would be a little less trauma, but the characters would be more or less the same. Plus, Asuka would probably fit in the Red Comet category (maybe even give her a mask to wear).

Plus, having the kids piloting the mobile suits would be a familiar yet totally different experience. There’s probably some fan fiction out there that has that idea involved, might look into it later.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

jedi_spectre1
Embryo

Re: Eva characters in the Gundam universe.

•      
  •      

Postby jedi_spectre1 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:11 am

Its an interesting idea to play around with. I thought of it as someone getting into Gundam. I guess the big question is what the plot would be and if any of the characters would be Newtypes. I could see Rei being a Cyber-Newtype clone. However, I don't really see Asuka as someone like Char. If there's anyone in the Eva cast in my opinion like Char at all, its Gendo, but that doesn't fit all his appearances. Also, seeing how badly Shinji deals with the prospect of injuring others, I don't know how effective of a mobile suit pilot he could be. I really doubt a good Bright slap would fix him either.

If I was to make a fan fiction I would do something like Gendo and Yui were scientists working for the Federation's government's NERV Initiative. The NERV Initiative's goal is to defeat ANGEL, an anti-Earth terrorist organization. To defeat ANGEL, NERV creates the experimental Newtype-use EVA Gundam. However, the experimental Psycho-Frame doesn't work properly. Cue using the souls of Newtypes, somehow, as the glue that makes the EVA Gundams work. Rei was designed as a lab grown cyber-newtype to pilot, Shinji is drafted when the NERV Initiative is attacked, and Asuka is already being trained. Of course Kaworu would be the leader of ANGEL. But this is just my half baked idea.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”