[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 am

Honestly, I'd rather four seperate ones, if you want all of them that's much less waste parts and cost. Or, of course, a quadruple set of them :emogendo:
Although the swappable parts would also only really work in the context of a model kit, different colored armor and all
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:27 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I'd rather four seperate ones, if you want all of them that's much less waste parts and cost.
Although the swappable parts would also only really work in the context of a model kit, different colored armor and all

Wait... How would a single figure with swappable parts be more waste than 4 different ones? Instead of molding the same pieces four times they just make the different ones. Saves plastic and packaging. I'd rather pay extra for a bulky release than four different ones (plus shipping!)

Also, the swappable parts thing is not uncommon in action figures. RD and Revoltech have done it several times; the last RD Eva 00 comes to mind, as well as Eva 13 and 03.

Now, if they release each Mark unit separately, they better fill that package up! Add the huge-ass chainsaw Asuka uses that wasn't released with Eva 02. Re-runs of weapons or alternate pieces for the other Evas. The weird jumping Eva arms!* Something! They are basically repaints of the Mark 9 they already made!

*man, those were creepy AF!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:17 pm

yeah, but if you want all four of them, that means you'll end up with 12 sets of unused armor at the end
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:10 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:yeah, but if you want all four of them, that means you'll end up with 12 sets of unused armor at the end

Ah now I get it!
Yeah... If you want all of them at the same time in your display then it's a waste... :uhh:

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:21 am

I figure this is the right thread, but there's a new Kotobukiya Asuka figure in line with the previous ones that had her using a stone Unit 02 as a stand.

https://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000004275/

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:57 pm

I’ve moved into here some merch figures posts that were in the defuncted “Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay” thread.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:11 am

Kaiyodo just announced the Evangelion Evolution of Eva 08

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:49 am

Bandai finally released more info on their Robot Spirits 08-gamma, and it comes with a halo effect part and uncaged arms to recreate its final form:
https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1321994/
i want rebuild

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:35 am

I must be stupid because I literally don’t remember those arms appearing in the movie at all… are they supposed to be the stuff they grabbed from Euro NERV to give Unit 8 the overlap ability?

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:30 pm

These are from when 08 fights the vessels, after it has started eating them, it grows a new halo with each one it consumes (I think?)
I also really wish that Revo will do an 08y with the same parts, I like their style of joints a bit more in Evas, and it would fit in better with my existing collection

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:43 am

i want rebuild

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:55 am

What!?
That is 3 times the cost of a regular... Hell, even the ICC version was cheaper than the Revoltech version and it has a crazy sculpt!
Are they locking half their collection behind Limited Editions again?

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:02 pm

It's crazy considering it barely comes with more plastic than any of the standard releases, and even crazier compared to the bargain bin prices the ICC version hit (I think I got mine for ~$30).

I'll still get it because I like the design, its function in the story, and to complete the line, but it makes my wallet hope that this is also the Final Evangelion (Robot Spirits release).

Edit: they lowered the price to $110; still a lot, but fair compared to 13 and New-02.
i want rebuild

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:27 pm

That's... a bit much, yeah. Also I'm an idiot, I completely missed the fact that Kaiyodo had already announced an 08y

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:32 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:That's... a bit much, yeah. Also I'm an idiot, I completely missed the fact that Kaiyodo had already announced an 08y

Pre-orders to begin in September.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:36 pm

Yeah, I definitely will get one sooner or later.

In entirely unrelated affairs; I was going through my saved drafts when I found something that I had written up years ago but never posted, and now that Shin is finally out and Anima too I guess it felt appropriate to bring it back.
Disregard the fact that I basically rewrote everything from scratch

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Here's a question for you guys.

You've been given a huge amount of money and the license to produce Evangelion figures. Through divine providence/a recent massive resurgence in the Eva fandom in Japan, they are guaranteed to sell well enough such that you can make as many as you want at whatever pricepoint you want. There is only one restriction: They all have to be in the same scale (note scale, not size- obviously Gendo will be bigger than Shinji), though the Angels/Evangelions can be to a different scale to the humans for obvious reasons. What scale do you pick? Which characters do you do (and in what order)? How will they be designed? What accessories do they come with? Etc etc.

TLDR: What would be your ideal Eva toyline?

Originally there were also character figures in here, but since those would have easily doubled the size of the damn thing and I wouldn't be getting them anyway, I just decided to not.
rather large wall of text  SPOILER: Show
Since Eva sizes are an ancient alien conspiracy anyway, giving a proper scale here wouldn't do much good; I'd go for a roughly Bandai High Grade size, around 14cm head height for the NTE Evas and a bit below that, 12ish, for NGE bodytypes, with the rest of the stuff scaled broadly to that.
the joint engineering would probably fall close to the Revoltech aesthetic, single universal joints without any noticable gaps to not break the more organic look and the usual joint placements for most things on the body.
Shoulder pylons attached in a similar fashion to Kaiyodo's EvaEvo line, with a small universal joint, but instead of having it attach to the back of the shoulder, it would be to a seperately moving piece of armor between the arm and the main chest to both have the pylon move when the arm moves, but not be forced to completely rotate it out of position when moving the arms far forward; seperate shoulder pylon parts for open/weapon taken out
Standard set of hands, open/grasping/weapon holding/fists for all Evas across the board with special hands where applicable.
Opening entry plug hatch, plug can be slid in and out (also replacement plugs because those things gonna be tiny).
Also a simple stand to put them on.

TV style Evas
Unit 00 - comes with a pallet rifle, umbilical cable, N2-mine, bakelite legs, signal killer plug, positron sniper rifle, heat shield
Unit 00' - comes with a Lance of Longinus, a pallet rifle, prog knife, umbilical cable, sniper rifle, positron rifle, ATF and the fishing rod

Unit 01 - comes with a prog knife, pallet rifle, umbilical cable, berserk head, head with blood coming out of it and a hand piece with visible skin, ATF, Magorox, Counter sword
Unit 01 w/ core exposed - comes with a Zeruel corpse, an ATF and a seperate arm piece with the skin showing; joints altered for crawling poses
Post-Leliel bloody Unit 01 - comes with a bandaged head and chestplate for the regular Unit 01
EoE Unit 01 - comes with alternate head with long hair, wings of light effect, altered proportions, unraveled Longinus

Unit 02 - comes with a smash hawk, sonic glaive, prog knife, umbilical cable, one big/two small bazookas, two pallet rifles, cloak, open eye head, revised positron rifle from ep 22, ATF, tiny floating Kaworu
Unit 02 (D-type equipment) - comes with a prog knife and cables
EoE Unit 02 - comes with spike launcher shoulder pylon, Ooken, speared through head, ATF, berserk head, JSSDF vehicles, altered proportions

Unit 03 - comes with a prog knife, pallet rifle, a pair of tonfas, ATF and an umbilical cable. Also comes with an infected entry plug and a failed plug ejection piece, as well as a pair of longer angel arms, berserk head for normal and angel mode

Unit 04 - comes with a prog knife, pallet rifle, riot shield, Lance of Longinus, ATF and an umbilical cable, berserk head

MP Evas - comes with winged back/normal back, Ooken, replica lance, ATF, exchangeable outsides of shoulders for numbers. Sold either as generic single type or in sets of three for specific units with battle damage parts; each comes with specific Rei heads and exposed/pierced chest parts -
05/06/07 - 05 neck damage, body with hole; 06 torn torso; 07 arm stump
08/09/10 - 08 leg stump; 09 smashed head; 10 spiked head
11/12/13 - 11 knife stuck in head; 12 parts for cleaved in half torso; 13 chest hole

Jet Alone - comes with its launch ramp, every arm segment is articulated and the limiters are detachable to simulate (de-)activation
Jet Alone Kai - comes with giant hammer, cooland hose and electric effect parts for hands and hammer

Type α - laser pods detachable

Type β - comes with wings of light, sword, awakened head and halo, bare chest; hair is actual hair
Type β black version - recolor of the above

T-RIDEN-T - missile pods open, torso has two points of articulation, comes with effect for floating above water

TV Style Angels
Adam - comes with wings of Light

Lilith - comes with a cross, a Lance of Longinus and a seperate lower body piece without legs

Sachiel - comes with an ATF, three exchangeable faces (normal, cracked, two) and energy beams attachable to the arms

Shamshel - has bendable wire as whips

Ramiel - comes with three different beams (firing its own, recieving the beam from the positron rifle and the intertwining beams) and the bottom part can be exchanged for a drill

Gaghiel - 60cm long, comes with two small Iowa-class ballteships and is made mostly out of softer plastic

Israfel - comes in all three forms, combined form has an exchangeable chest piece with cracked cores and the upper body can be split

Sandalphon - comes in both embryo and grown-up state, jaw is articulated and is mostly out of rubber

Matarael - comes with acid effects and has articulated legs

Sahaquiel - 80cm wide, wings are bendable

Ireul - comes as an infected simulation body with bendable tentacles/cables. Comes with its AT field and the MAGI screen, both hacked and unhacked

Leliel - Comes in two versions, one standard striped ball, and one black ball that can be opened with a stand for an Eva inside. Comes with 3 N2 missiles, 01 handgun

Zeruel - comes with exchangable arms: One pair is folded, the other pair bendable, parts for 02 arm and head stump

Arael - about 60cm wide, comes with ATF and pierced core effect

Armisael - comes in two forms: One is the static helix, one is made out of bendable wire and has an attachable Rei-imitation. Comes with "infected" pieces for Units 00 and 01, manga chainsaw

GNR - about 80cm large, comes with Sephirothic Tree wallscroll, small 01
GNK - see above

Raziel - metallic shiny Adam shape, ATF
Shateiel - lightning effect parts, ATF
Turel - comes with ATF
Iblis - articulated legs, neck and tail, triple ATF, N2 mine
Baraqijal - more or less a large snow globe

Adovaquiel - lightning effect party, wire tentacles, ATF
Atalibu - ATF, freeze effect parts
Azrael - building wreckage, ATF
Zefon - large beam effect, ATF

Insubstantial Angel - clear black with glitter effects, ATF
Diemay Angel - beam effects, ATF
Unnamed Angel (Sega Saturn game) - articulated tail, ATF

NTE style Evas
Unit 00 - comes with a pallet rifle, umbilical cable, ESV, positron sniper rifle, beam effect, sniping equipment shoulder pylon for Unit 01 and restraining gear/bakelite base
Unit 00' - comes with pallet rifle, umbilical cable, patched-up limbs, N2 missile, ATF

Jo Unit 01 - comes with a pallet rifle, prog knife, umbilical cable, gatling gun with detachable ammo drum, seperate piece for the left hand with the skin visible, berserk head, head with blood coming out of it, ATF, NTE Magorox/Counter Sword
Ha onwards Unit 01 - same as above, slight recolor, comes with Shin sealed limbs
Unit 01 Awakened - Comes with halo effect, 10th corpse, ATF effects, normal chest and core exposed, both normal arm, stump and ATF arm, white Rei
Unit 01 Radiant Giant - lotsa clear effects, split open ground
Tesseract - comes with about one meter of magnetic band and a Mark.04B that can slide on it

Unit 02 - comes with two pallet rifles, progressive daggers, umbilical cable, electromagnetic crossbow, S-type jetpack equipment, thunder spear and containment case, ATF
Unit 02'β - comes with heat shield, grey normal arm from the trailers, hookshot effect parts, ATF
Unit-02'γ - comes with normal, cannon and underwater arm, double glaive, Wunder activation spear, activation plug, parts for the wunder core, recharge battery pack, post-self estruct body, ATF
New Unit-02α - comes with gatling, pizze cutter, twin swords, signal cancel plug, ATF grinder effect, ATF
Unit 02 beast - comes with layered ATF effect, wounded parts, limiter removed shoulders for normal 02
Unit-02'γ beast phase 1 - comes with ATF
Unit-02'γ beast phase 2 - comes with damaged head, effect parts for 09 Vessel wrestling, wire tail, ATF
New Unit-02α Code 999 - massive clear parts for angel effects

Unit 03 - comes with pallet rifle, umbilical cable, berserk head, angel infected plug hatch, longer angel arms, extra angel arms, cracked entry plug for 01, effect parts for 01 fight, ATF

Unit 04 - comes with pallet rifle, umbilical cable, berserk head, Lance of Longinus, riot shield, ATF
Unit 04 rapid borer equipment - comes with borers, active effect parts, berserk head, beast mode wings, ATF

Unit 05 - comes with berserk head, thruster effects, cut off legs, detachable escape jet, ATF
Unit 05 preview version - grey color, 2 spears, thruster effects, detachable escape jet, ATF

Mk.06 - comes with Halo, Cassius, moon stand, head stump, ATF
Mk.06 Preview version - same as above, darker colors
Mk.06 white - impaled through chest, start of Lilith neck

Mk.07 - sold in pairs, comes with ATF
Preview MP Evas - comes with pallet rifle w/ knife attached, sold in packs of 2

Unit 08α - comes with heat shield, sniper rifle, ATF, folded hands
Unit-08β - comes with short sniper rifle, handgun, recharge battery pack, ATF
Unit-08βICC - comes with muzzle effect parts, thruster flames, beam wires, Eiffel Tower
Unit-08γ - comes with arms with and without bracers, arm stumps, Hakone Express backpack, whip, berserk head, halo effect
Preview 08 - comes with halo
8+2 - comes with Magorox, ATF

Mk.09 - comes with Scythe, rocket backpack folded and unfolded, head and head stump, skull base
Mk.09 Vessel - same as above, different head, different colors, goop feet, belly armor removed
Mk.09A/10/11/12 - comes with head with/without side marking, open head, Halo, goop feet

Eva 13 - comes with 4 RS hoppers w/ATF effect parts, seperate shoulder pylons for holding them, two-armed chest, four-armed chest, open head with 12th core, two Longinus
Eva 13 semi-evolved - four-armed 13, green bits are red, two Longinus
Eva 13 radiant giant - two Longinus, halo effect

Mk.04A - comes with ATF effect
Mk.04B - comes with magnetic band to stick to
Mk.04C - comes with caleidoscope clear optical camouflage
Mk.44A - has magnets to stick multiple of them together
Mk.44B - comes with wires to attach to 4444C
Mk.4444C - comes with beam loop effect, fire effect, ATF, grabbs tentacle ends

Unit Null - comes with hangar/launch ramp, rifle, umbilical cable, ATF

EvaOnline originals - signature weapon, umbilical cable, ATF

NTE style Angels
Adams - sold in a set of four

Lilith - comes with a seperate lower body with the legs missing, as well as a lance of longinus and the cross
Q Lilith - 40cm high, not articulated

3rd - comes with a halo, eye beams, pierced core

4th- comes with three exchangeable faces (regular, cracked, two), energy beams attachable to its hands, eye beams, ATF

5th - comes with articulates leg-rib-things and bendable wire as whips

6th - comes with three energy beams (firing its own, recieving the beam from the positron rifle and the intertwining beams), parts to change it into firing position and the bottom part can be exchanged for a drill

7th - ca 80cm tall, comes with regular core and mock core, freeze stand plate, ATF

8th - 90cm wide, sliding core track, articulated eyelid thingies, comes with normal/ripped ATF, stabbed core part, 01 standbase

10th - magnetic arms to wrap around its body, normal/Rei body, ATF, missiles, open/core chest, massiv WTFnozzle for eating 00

12th - massive ball of... thing

Anima
Unit 00' - different proportions, pallet rifle, umbilibal cable, sniper rifle, ATF
Unit 00 Type F - comes with beam effect for angel spine, ATF
Unit 00 Type F Allegorica - beam effect for angel spine, ATF
Unit 0.0 - Beam/thruster effects for positron rifle, ATF
Unit 0.0 Quatre - different shoulder pylons, color scheme, head crest

Unit 01 - different proportions, Powered 8 pallet rifle, umbilibal cable, Magorox/Counter Sword Stage II, ATF
Unit 01 Type CQB - twin cannons, ATF
Unit 01 Type F - A.W. Mastema, electric effect parts, ATF
Unit 01 Stage 2 - Powered 8 pallet rifle, Magorox/Counter Sword Stage II, ATF
Super Eva - Powered 8, Bizenosafune, SRM50 blades, prog knife Yamato Rebuild, wings of light, vortex Unit backpack, ATF
Super Eva Final Stage - Powered 8, Bizenosafune, Wings of Light, ATF

Unit 02 - different proportions, pallet rifle, umbilibal cable, ATF
Unit 02 Stage II - Rectenna backpack, Bizenosafune, Powered 8, ATF
Unit 02 Stage II Allegorica - Powered 8 long barrel type, Magorox/Counter Sword II
Unit 02 Type F - Kesara blades, ATF
Crimson A1 - double battle axe, ATF
Torwartα1 - whip, ATF
EUROII Heurtebize - flight unit, spear, sword, ATF

Unit 03 - different proportions, pallet rifle, umbilibal cable, ATF

Unit 04 - different proportions, pallet rifle, umbilibal cable, ATF, external S2 engine

MP Evas - different proportions, redesigned backpack, Ooken, Longinus
Angel Carrier - staff, ATF, removable chest cocoon, swappable parts to change between Type 1/Type 2

Armaros - option parts to swap between versions, Longinus
Torwart - double set, whip

Wolfpac - massively large, ATF

Akashima - transforms into flight mode

Misc
AAA Wunder - 40cm long, articulated turrets, gun effects, pull-out pods, ATF
NHG Erlösung - same scale as Wunder, rotating ball turrets, beam effects, ATF
NHG Erbsünde - same as Erlösung, less turrtes
NHG Gebet - same as erlösung, no turrets, parts for ramming Wunder

Eva cage - adjustable to fit NGE/NTE body type, umbilical bridge, clear piece for LCL surface
Catapult lift - about twice the height of an Eva, can be interlocked with more of the same, multiple options for markings

Various Tokyo-3 buildings - interlocking, different sizes, blast shields
Weapon supply - open/closed version, comes with weapon to use

Failed Eva Prototypes - sold in bunch, different styles, bridge part that can be extended with itself

Destroyer for 02 to throw
Carrier Plane - mounting points for Evas inside
transport cross - different versions for NGE/NTE
Eva 13 mounting cross - comes with open core chest, different colored ATF
Cassius - comes with pierced parts for 01 and 13

I applaud anyone who actually read through this all

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:08 am

:fap:
Yeah, your text is basically erotica fanfiction for figure collectors...

SPOILER: Show
Size: standard RD size, wich is a bit bigger than EvaEvo, but not large enough to be too bulky.
In my perfect world, all Eva's have a tiny swappable piece to put the cover of the Entry Plug out and insert an open hatch with a tiny Entry Plug (like the EvaEvo of Eva 03)
Mostly I'd add all the versions of the positron rifles you missed, transport crosses, the jet used to launch Eva 01 to the Jet Alone.
A deformed Rei face for the MP Evas and exposed-core chestpiece.
Some figures can be collapsed as extras onto another. And all the fan-ficky Evas and angels, starting with those of *ugh!* Anima, would dissapear.
Maybe I'll give a pass to the Battle Orchestra Evas and the Null-Eva from the short.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:01 pm

SEELE-01 wrote::fap:
Yeah, your text is basically erotica fanfiction for figure collectors...

Hahahahahaha yup

the jet that 01 was transported in is the ransport plane I've listed at the very end with the extras, same model as used for the MPEs

..o shit, yeah, I did miss the positron rifles. sneakily adds those, the transport crosses, the Rei faces/cores, the unraveled Longinus for EoE 01 and Gaius to the list where they belong
can you tell I finished this up at ass o'clock in the morning

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:26 am

New prize figures from Ichiban Kuji and I might be tempted by all of them once international shipping is back to normal....
https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1341639/

SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:56 pm

O shit, those look gooooood. I've seen the Rei, didn't realize there were more

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”