Rei smiling, across 56 different dubs

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
GlassReality45
Embryo

Rei smiling, across 56 different dubs

•      
  •      

Postby GlassReality45 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:51 pm

So a while back, I realized that what with all the different dubs of this series, and different versions of certain scenes, there are some scenes that have upwards of five dubs in certain languages. I started wondering which scenes would have the most dubs, and, well... this is the result:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RcDXHr ... sp=sharing
(It's taking a while to process fully in Google Drive; if you want the best video quality I'd recommend downloading it.)

Sorry about the length—there wasn't really any way around it. Watch the whole thing, skim it, whatever's to your taste; either way, it'd be interesting to hear people's thoughts on the different performances and translations ^_^
"That's right, I am no more or less than myself! I am me! I want to be myself! I want to continue existing in this world! My life is worth living here!"

Resident dub nerd. She/her or they/them pronouns, please c:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”