The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:31 am

i have no money at all. my parents don't give me an allowance.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:51 am

Ornette wrote:.
I've not seen many Gendos, Fuyutsukis, Tojis, and Yuis tho, if at all.

There's at least one Yui, since she's sitting on my desk, but she's a tiny little gashapon figure. I know there's a set with a Toji, too. I can think of two Gendos if you count the new Petit Eva stuff, but the only Fuyutsuki is a little chibi blob stuck to the back of the little chibi Gendo in the Petit Eva phone strap set.

There are a surprising amount of Hikaris and Mayas, actually. And more Kaworu than you'd perhaps expect...offhand I can think of four different gashapon (two of which I have, one of which is on ebay but is extortionate, and one of which I saw once, years ago, and never since...which sucks because I'd probably sell my own mother for a little Plugsuit Kaworu), a little chibi PS2 figure, another little chibi figure that came in a set with chibi Israfel and chibi Lillith of all things, a Kubrick set, the 'Red Eyez' Kaworu & Rei set, that lovely Shinji & Kaworu 1/8, and at least two plushies. And that's not counting all the Petit Eva stuff that's about to come flooding forth.

And if somehow I win the lottery tonight, I'll be going straight for this, pithy and inaccurate item description or no.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:51 am

Ornette wrote:I've not seen many Gendos, Fuyutsukis, Tojis, and Yuis tho, if at all.

Well, I've seen one Toji figure (with him in his plugsuit, looked a lot like the Portraits series, actually). But I haven't yet come across a single Yui, Gendo or Fuyutsuki figure yet :[

I'd love a Fuyutsuki figure ^_^
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:40 am

CitizenGeek wrote:I'd love a Fuyutsuki figure ^_^

Mounted on a little 'What Would Fuyutsuki Do?' stand.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:58 am

marmotgirl wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:I'd love a Fuyutsuki figure ^_^

Mounted on a little 'What Would Fuyutsuki Do?' stand.

Yeah, with him in a 'thinking' pose! BEST FIGARR EVAR! ^_^

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Incisivis » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:08 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Stardust would kill for some MOAR Shinji-kun goods, too. :( He is the main character, after all!

Main isn't everything. Sometimes it is, but if it conflicts with what can make the most profit, i.e. "hawt" female characters for drooling fanboys, guess what wins? :roll:

'Tis a sad thing.

TriLink12 wrote:Maybe, but unless he grew a pair of melons the size Okinawa when I wasn't looking, it ain't gonna happen. People just don't care about him (for various reasons too numerous to list).

Well, obvioiusly some people do, becuase there is some Shinji stuffs. :D Besides, given how embarassing or at least out-of-character some of the Rei and Asuka goods are, and how MANY there are, I'm kind of relieved.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:22 pm

I want an OOC Shinji poster that shows him cackling psychotically while mowing down hordes of the undead with a big crotch-mouned laser gatling gun. Worn over his pants, of course. :roll:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Hehe, amusing.

I know at least a few Maya goods exist, I have this "Celebrity Party Time" figure of her.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:12 am

I want a figure of ye olden days of Kaji, Misato, and Ritsuko partyin' it up, in a college dorm or frat or something like that, maybe with Fuyutsuki Sensei drinking his Saki in a corner of the room.

Or the Eva Cast with markers (paintball guns) and re-living the JSSDF Central Dogma Siege with the NERV Personnel...everything is paintball. The Tanks fire paintballs. The warplanes fire paintball missiles. The N2 bomb is one big paintbomb. and the Eva Series carry Eva-Size markers. LOL that would have to be more than one model...

XD

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:05 am

So, does anyone else have any Petit Evangelion stuff?

Also, has anyone seen the Petit Eva figure of Kaworu playing a violin? I know it exists, because I saw it in my issue of NewType Japan, but I can't find it anywhere.

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:32 am

CitizenGeek wrote:So, does anyone else have any Petit Evangelion stuff?

Also, has anyone seen the Petit Eva figure of Kaworu playing a violin? I know it exists, because I saw it in my issue of NewType Japan, but I can't find it anywhere.

It's coming, it's coming. The only Petit Eva stuff that's actually out right now is the first set, everything else is still on preorder everywhere...until November, I think?

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:46 am

marmotgirl wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:Also, has anyone seen the Petit Eva figure of Kaworu playing a violin? I know it exists, because I saw it in my issue of NewType Japan, but I can't find it anywhere.

It's coming, it's coming. The only Petit Eva stuff that's actually out right now is the first set, everything else is still on preorder everywhere...until November, I think?

Thanks for that! I can't wait for the Kaworu figure - the Shinji one I got last Monday is ridiculous cute and everytime I look at it I just start smiling like an idiot :]

What else comes in the November set?

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:25 pm

I've done a bit of further research and there are two sets due out - some sites say October, some November.

It's tricky to keep on top of what's what, since they don't seem to be naming the sets consistiently, but the boxart designs are identical. The first set goes variously by Eva Life #1, Petit Eva #1, Eva Gurashi, or any and all combination of the three. The next set due for release is this one, which is going by the name "Chara Fortune Nerv School Box", and there is also a set called "Eva Life #2", which I think might turn out to be the set pictured here (omg Kensuke!).

So I'll have to take that back, no sign of Violin-Kaworu yet, though I'm sure they'll be coming round eventually :lol:

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Well, at least Petit Eva Kaworu is coming, even if it isn't the awesome violin-Kaworu!

'Eva Life #2' looks great - Kensuke, Ritsuko, Toji - those characters rarely get merchandised! ^_^

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:26 pm

they should make a music box collection, with various couples dancing or something with various songs.

Shinji & Kaworu in Tuxes - Il Air

Shinji & Asuka in formal - The Heady Feeling of Freedom

Shinji & Rei - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Kaji & Misato - Those Women Longed for the Touch of Other's Lips, and Thus Invited Their Kisses

Rei & Kaworu - Cruel Angel's Thesis

or something like that...hehehe

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:36 pm

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Shinji & Kaworu in Tuxes - Il Air

I'd buy that ^_^ They should be dancing to 'Ode to Joy', though.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:00 pm

hmmm sounds kinda cool to dance to ode to joy =D

JP
Adam

Postby JP » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:13 am

Platinum Box Set
Death/EOE Manga Set
Harpy Revoltech Figure

Oh, and that "poster" of the Eoe cover that came in the EOE dvd.
The pregnancy is now absolute.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:59 pm

So, what was the EoE poster of?

Is it "Crazy Shinji and Bandaged Asuka stare at GNR's head" or something else?

@ Ayanami: That would be VERY creative and cute!

Though here's what I'd say about the respective couples and such pieces (Notations come from S2 Works). Mostly due to pieces that relate to the pairings in some way or another:

Shinji & Kaworu in Tuxes: Ode to Joy

Shinji & Asuka in formal: M-11 Everything You've Ever Dreamed ;)

Shinji & Rei: B-20 Rei II

Kaji & Misato: B-4 Those Women Longed for the Touch of Other's Lips, and Thus Invited Their Kisses

Rei & Kaworu: M-9 Expansion of Blockage (or it's very pretty mostly only violin variation with a cool intro: M-9 liberation of souls - begins with peaceful strings, intensifies.)

Yui & Gendou: M-10 Komm, Susser Tod

Hikari & Touji: D-7 (beautiful)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:52 am

hmm does GNR stand for Giant Naked Rei? If so...then...

GNR + GNK (Giant Naked Kaworu): Tamashii No Rufuran

I like the Hikari and Touji idea...very coolz!

Pimp Shinji + Asuka + Rei: All Eyez On Me - Tupac Shakur
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That would have to have a speaker, theres no way that you can mimic a voice on a music box. That would be unreal. Heh.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”