What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:49 pm

I’m watching The Mandalorian again on Disney Plus. It’s probably the third time now or so watching the first season.

I’d have to say that Baby Yoda is THE cutest thing ever!!! And not to be dramatic, but I would die for him. And Mando is such a great dad!
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 am

I've been watching old episodes of Kenan and Kel on Amazon Prime and I am just enamored with all the 90s nostalgia spread about. And of course, who can forget Kel's famous "Who Loves Orange Soda" catchphrase?
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Finishing up "Hellstrom" on Hulu. Only 10 episodes...am irritated to find out its already been cancelled. :irked:

Its not really close to the original Character in Marvel Comics IMHO but it definitely grew on me as the episodes passed and the
main character's "Sister" really steals the show.....now I'm bummed!
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:09 pm

any fans of the Stephen King "Mr Mercedes" trilogy? Watching the Tv Adaptation on Peacock. I'm finding it decidedly ....meh.
80% horrible casting other than "Brady"
I'm no stickler for a word for word from book to screen but they've taken so many liberties and fleshed out so much stuff that was
never there that I'm trying to figure out if A: They read the books and B: Even like them....gah.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:18 pm

I’m watching Dinosaurs on Disney+ right now.

As a grown man, I can understand Earl Sinclair’s struggle with his daily life; working a job, raising a family. (I don’t have a family to raise, mind you.) As a 90’s kid, it’s great to see the series again.

And Baby Sinclair is the best part of it. “Not the mama!” And “I’m a baby, gotta love me!”
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pm

I have enjoyed the first season of The Owl House a lot more than I thought I would. Great characters, some pretty clever mile a minute jokes and a comfy setting.
SPOILER: Show
Luz is cute, CUTE! Hooty and King need their own episode again!
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:09 pm

So, Rick and Morty's most recent episode is titled ""Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion". From the title, you would think it's an Evangelion parody, but it's actually more of a Voltron parody. 80s Voltron, that is, not Legendary Defender. I don't know whether this is because the writers actually got the two series mixed up, or if they just thought the title of Evangelion would make for a better pun. The only real Evangelion reference I noticed was the fact that Summer-- a red-haired teenage girl-- pilots a red mech, and her role in the episode is as Morty's rival for Rick's approval, much like Asuka.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:06 am

Just finished "Nightflyers" on Netflix (originally a single season on SyFy late 2018) and enjoyed it very much! Really don't understand all the hate
and vitriol directed at the show unless you wanted it to stick more closely to the source material? Most of the stuff I read said it was boring, or
trope heavy or didn't like the cast.....I dunno? Power watched in 2 days and loved the tech and the plot. Guess it's too late for Netflix to do a follow up
season which sux since it ends on a partial cliffhanger. (I understand at least part of the main cast have signed on to other projects)

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 pm

I have been watching community non-stop just non-stop lol I haven't enjoyed a TV show this much since Buffy way back in '97 or '96. It has the perfect cast, the characters interact so fucking well, Jesus Christ. The first three seasons much like Buffy's are the absolute best of the series.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:16 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:So, Rick and Morty's most recent episode is titled ""Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion". From the title, you would think it's an Evangelion parody, but it's actually more of a Voltron parody. 80s Voltron, that is, not Legendary Defender. I don't know whether this is because the writers actually got the two series mixed up, or if they just thought the title of Evangelion would make for a better pun. The only real Evangelion reference I noticed was the fact that Summer-- a red-haired teenage girl-- pilots a red mech, and her role in the episode is as Morty's rival for Rick's approval, much like Asuka.

I think the anime short based on the episode features a lot more Evangelion themes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIXCY8O7aWI). The short itself is quite disorienting if you haven't watched the original episode but tries its best to mimic the philosophy and anime tropes of Evangelion. It is a bit unoriginal to keep basing each episode on the plot from another movie or franchise; the best episode to come out so far was the story train one (never ricking morty).
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:19 am

Lower Decks is the best thing to happen to Star Trek since Deep Space Nine.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Evil 2019/20

This is an interesting show in how it calls out the churches' bad behaviour its biggest flaw is all the lead characters are getting pad by the church, so they look the other way which is kind of problem, and it's a shame as it would have stronger if they were way more outspoken on it. The horror elements in this when they're good are fantastic, though it's pure 80s feel. It also leaves some episodes open in that you have no idea if some stuff was real or not. I just wish they'd play more on the horror and the demons, as that's by far the series' best moments.

Also, the in joke that demons on earth who are messing with people and causing problems have their own therapists is beyond hilarious on so many levels, as I've never seen a show play with that idea.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:08 am

Just started watching a new Korean series on 'flix called "Squid Game" and its got me hooked 2 episodes in. Starts kind of comical, the main character is a sad pathetic loser........but it gradually works its way into freaky misery and mystery involving kids games with a deadly twist.
It looks at just how desperate people can be with a mountain of problems only money can solve and a bucket of money dangling right before them.....how low can you go in this survival drama?

Addendum: At episode 8 of 9 and it is still EXCELLENT! Many dramatic twists and turns and heart wrenching moments!

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Starting to get into Netflix's live action Cowboy Bebop. The production design and clothes already seem very good and fresh.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:57 pm

Started watching "The Silent Sea"....another Korean show with some of the same actors that were in "Squid Game" and I am
thoroughly enjoying it! Great look and feel....loving the plot, which is basically an earth starved of water, with different levels or
rationing for people. A team is assembled to retrieve some samples of ...."something" from an abandoned moon base after some type
of accident involving radiation.....very kewl subplots mixed in with the main story.

Update: Finished it,....good yarn....a bit too fanciful of an ending for me but def worth the time to watch IMHO.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:04 am

Halo TV

Halsey is giving me serious Naoko Akagi vibes, minus a Gendo, with a God complex turned to 11.

Was she always the mother of

Miranda?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Film and Video”