Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:01 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I've come to realize that most people here are more likely to remember this loathsome façade instead of the person i am now, and the person i'm working toward becoming. I'll be showing up here fairly often again, and hopefully i'll be better this time. I'm making some changes in my life meanwhile; i'll soon be getting a job in IT, starting HRT, and hopefully make more progress on telling the stories i want to share with the world.

Welcome back.

Everyone makes mistakes in life no one is perfect, we are all flawed, what matters is how we move forward and how we grow and change. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:26 am

Wow, Donut's back. There's a name I haven't heard in a goodly while! Things are different and things are quiet. You're joining in the calm before the potential storm.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Thank you, everyone. I was kind of nervous about returning, so this warm welcome is encouraging.

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Glad to hear you feel you're moving forward!

IT's a big world - what aspect of it are you going for?

Not 100% sure yet. I'm going through an online program for entry level certifications, and plan to look for jobs around my mom's house (as i still live there lol) and see where things go from there. My dad and several friends of mine have offered to let me stay with them if i find a job closer to them than where i am now. Ideally, i'd like to be the designated IT guy at a business instead of working for a firm, but a firm would be easier to start with, i think.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Mt Olympus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mt Olympus » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:03 pm

I cannot believe I joined here nearly a decade ago, Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 pm. Blows my mind thinking of what life was like when I was 26 yrs old. Had the whole world in my hands, and I was into some weird stuff. I was only active for a short time here, however I managed to make friends and still have some on steam, but haven't heard from them in a looooooong time. I'm an eternal lurker I suppose.

With evangelion wrapping up, I want to say that it played a significant part in my life, clearly it is a great anime, but it led me down paths of inquiry I would have never gone otherwise. Admittedly, I am ready for it to finish up.

Thank you for the creators of the site, all the mods, and everyone else, new and old, here and gone. After I watch the final film you can bet I'll be lurking.

Goodbye for now!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:54 am

Later, Mt Olympus.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:52 pm

You may all have noticed the lack of grumpy-old-git-posting in recent times; it is now three months since my wife suddenly and unexpectedly passed away, something that I'm still dealing with, both administratively and emotionally. On-line activity is something that I cut down on hard to have time to breathe. Today is especially poignant -- this photo from our wedding reception, the only one I seem to have scanned from back then, was taken 40 years ago today:

We had just begun to consider how to celebrate our ruby wedding, and then, so close to the line, we were parted.

What has stirred me from my retreat was seeing on my timeline the announcement that the Commentary project -- a major reason for hanging around for so long -- was being given its own fitting send-off in the coming days, so I shall make this return in order to participate in that. Afterwards? Who knows?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Welcome back. I'm glad to see you able to face this part of the world again. But I know also that often people in your position take stock and make major changes; so it would not be a shock if you decided to move away from here permanently.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:51 pm

That's awful news. My utter condolences to you Mr. Tines
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:49 am

My condolences, Mr. Tines.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:06 am

Even after knowing the reason for your absence, your photograph brought me to the brink of tears. Once again, my deepest condolences.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:16 am

My deepest condolences, Mr Times.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:01 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Mr. Tines. I wish you well. My condolences.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:22 pm

My deepest condolences.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:56 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Mr. Tines. My sincere condolences.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:55 am

I had been missing your posts, so very sorry for your loss Mr. Tines.
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:52 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, Tines.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:51 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Tines.

I'm back, kind of... likely not to be permeant. I don't know if anyone still really remembers me or not but its nice to see some user I still somewhat remember from when I was active on here.
Just looking to read some of the discussions about the movie now that it's finally out.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Welcome back, Sicarius VI! I remember you from some old threads I read.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:25 pm

Thanks! Speaking of threads, and just like before there is so much in the unread for me, I don't think I'll get close to covering a fraction of it.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”