Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:03 am

Sorry for your struggles. I sincerely hope you've got better. On the meanwhile, welcome back!

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 am

Thanks so much, Zusuchan! I've got better, and therapy helped. So happy to be back. :)
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:39 am

I'm sorry to hear that you've been through such horrible struggles. It's good to know that you're better now, and I hope the future brings continued betterment for you.

Welcome back! (Or as they say in Japan, "Okaeri nasai!" ^_^ )
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:49 am

Welcome back ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Welcome back, EvaBrothers.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:15 am

Thanks from the bottom of my heart UrsusArctos, silvermoonlight and child of Lilith! :love:
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:54 am

Welcome back!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Tojisupremacy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tojisupremacy » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:07 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Matheus but you can call me Tojisupremacy. All my friends call me that (ok, I only have one friend. But he's the best one!) It was even this friend who talked to me about join in the forum.

I love EVA, but I admit I was away from the franchise for a while. This is the opportunity to interact with the community again.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Hi Matheus. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! :)

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:02 pm

Welcome aboard!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Tojisupremacy wrote:Tojisupremacy

Godly user name. Welcome!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Welcome, Tojisupremacy.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Weskerredfield
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Weskerredfield » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:54 am

Hello! My Name is Wesley but you guys can call me Weskerredfield. Evangelion is one of my favorite Anime's/franchises of all time. I like working out in my spare time when i'm not playing video games or watching anime. I'm glad to be here and hopefully learn more things about Evangelion and gain a better understanding of it.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Welcome, Weskerredfield! This is certainly the right place to know more. There are a whole lot of old threads with some really detailed and in-depth discussions of all the more esoteric and hidden bits of Evangelion in the Discussion subforum in particular. Feel free to look around!

Also, feel free to PM me if you want to see a selection of some of the best old threads on EGF, stuff that explains and discusses some of the most interesting bits of the show. I've been thinking of putting them together for a while now, but you're free to take a look if you want.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

atom
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby atom » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 am

Hi everyone, I'm atom.
I've loved NGE for years and have lurked this forum numerous times in the past, now I've finally made an account!
I'm planning a rewatch soon and I hope to add something to the discussion. :devil:
:eva01_huff:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:49 am

Welcome, atom.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:33 am

Welcome!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:55 pm

I don't know if this is even the right place for this, but something has been weighing on me lately, and i need to get it out of my system. Forgive me for the grandstanding to follow.

For a good portion of my adolescent years, this forum was my online home, and for some reason, people tolerated my presence. I don't know how many of the people that used to frequent this place still show up, but i doubt many of them have much positive to say about me by now; i was a rather obnoxious brat lol. That said, i found a group of friends here, who would mostly hang out off-site, in various other chat services. Over time, the cultural makeup of this friend group shifted, as people came and went, and the people there had their viewpoints change. I have nothing against these people, even though i haven't talked to most of them in years, and i do still have love for them, but my desire to fit in with the group that had replaced EGF as my online home led me on a path of self-denial and delusion that i had already embarked on long before then. Toward the end of my posting history here, i started drifting toward all sorts of fucked up and delusional ideology, and after i stopped coming here entirely, i stayed there until other people helped pull me out of it. I put on a façade to fit in with people i felt accepted me, without realizing that only the façade was accepted. This façade alienated those who would have been more positive influences on me, and i blamed this on my actual self instead of the façade i'd crafted.

I've come to realize that most people here are more likely to remember this loathsome façade instead of the person i am now, and the person i'm working toward becoming. I'll be showing up here fairly often again, and hopefully i'll be better this time. I'm making some changes in my life meanwhile; i'll soon be getting a job in IT, starting HRT, and hopefully make more progress on telling the stories i want to share with the world.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 am

Welcome back, TehDonutKing.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:38 am

Glad to hear you feel you're moving forward!

IT's a big world - what aspect of it are you going for?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”