If you could work at NERV...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Yoshikage Kira
Embryo

Re: If you could work at NERV...

•      
  •      

Postby Yoshikage Kira » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:41 pm

I don't know, but I do want it to involve shooting someone.
"I simply want a peaceful life. It's just that it's in my nature to kill..."

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 am

I'd probably work for some research institute that's part of NERV, sidelined from anything important for being one of the founding members of a university club with a complicated and pun-riffic Japanese name that stands for "Angels are actually cute but slightly psycho girls who just want to be understood and have their hair/wings/tentacles fluffed by a shy but loving human male". :kaos_victory:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:19 am

Anything that involves developing massive Positron rifles that drain a small country of all it's electricity when fired once.
I do love me some Rei guns.

FransHalation
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FransHalation » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Assuming I get to keep my current knowledge I'd be a child psychologist and ask to work with the Children.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:34 am

Considering that "working at Nerv" presumably also involves getting subjected to the JSSDF raid and EoE in general/NTI, 3I, N4I and whatever else in NTE, I feel like the best option would be to say "lolno", but assuming that you aren't guaranteed a one-way ticket to bad times when accepting a job there, I'd probably go for something in the general area of maintenance ground crew; there's just something to working around ridiculously large machinery that gets me
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:46 am

Definitely Bridge Bunny material.... :devil: of course I'd be flustered all day with Misato so close by! :tongue:
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

YTPrenewed
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby YTPrenewed » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 pm

View Original PostYoshikage Kira wrote:I don't know, but I do want it to involve shooting someone.

Eh, a lot of people who might've thought they'd be okay with that changed their mind once actually faced with that decision. Historically many soldiers who willingly signed up during wartime to be soldiers knowing they'd probably have to kill or get killed nonetheless missed the enemy far more often than could be explained by bad marksmanship, even with their own lives on the line if they missed. That technically doesn't prove it wasn't done to virtue-signal about how pacifist they were or whatever, but when you consider they could've virtue-signaled about the same by choosing other professions (or if drafted, applying to be conscientious objectors) I think it's a safer bet their hesitation was sincere and the idea that we're eager to kill was just artificially propped up by those whose agendas are held back by this hesitation.

I get that a few of the people telling us human nature isn't prone to killing one another don't always come across as the most rational of people, but the historical case for this being one of those times those stopped clocks are right is pretty strong. At the very least, you'd think one would especially sympathize with enemy soldiers going through similar things oneself is.

. . .

Anyway, yeah. My first instinct would be to refuse all NERV jobs. I guess the tiebreaker if I couldn't refuse them all would be the fact that the bridge crew at least didn't have to deal with combat in person until later. And not even for very long, given what happens afterwards. That and they occasionally get to just sit back and drink coffee. :tongue:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”