Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Hear me out. They're going to release 3.33 + 1.11 as a stand-alone Blu-Ray. Then, after a while, the box set will come out. In it, we'll be greeted by 3.333 + 1.111, alongside 1.111 and 2.222! It doesn't make sense for them to release a box set in which Q is the only movie to get the "X.XXX" treatment!
A man can dream, right?!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:45 pm

https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo/status/1418737325866057734?s=1

Amazon released a clip of 3.0+1.01. Japanese audio with English subs.
Last edited by Hooded_Omar on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:02 pm

That tweet seems to have been taken down.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Yeah, for some reason they deleted and re-posted the tweet. I put the new tweet link in my post.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 pm

Well, it ain't bad. If that's a preview of the quality we're getting, looks like they're favoring to-the-letter accuracy over fidelity.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:33 pm

Shin Evangelion is about to release! This week I'll be preparing myself by watching the franchise's other movies.
Death (TRUE)² + EOE + JO + HA + Q + Shin = EVA's ultimate cinematic experience.
I'll be starting with Death (TRUE)² + EOE, Revival style. These are my favorite Evangelion films by a long shot! Keep in mind that Shin is, in many ways, a "spiritual successor" to EOE.
We're four days away from the last Evangelion movie!

Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:56 pm

I'm just rewatching Rebuild. Watched 1.11 on Saturday with my friends and we were all very much into it, despite how many times I've seen it the 140 minutes flew by. Watching 2.22 tomorrow night and then 3.33 on Thursday, hopefully leading into 3.0+1.0 at midnight. It's a little surreal knowing I'll actually get to see the ending during this watch through.

JupiterCallisto
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby JupiterCallisto » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:40 pm

I was told by several people who live in Japan and from reviews to watch the movie without watching the show or other rebuilds again the first time. Something about how this movie could only be made now with who Anno is in this current year really clicks when you do and I think that will fun to see how he's grown.

So I'll be doing that.

GentlemanX
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:47 pm

I had been trying to get through a watch of everything with the Netflix subs in preparation of watching the film subtitled in the event the dub utilized the Netflix cast, but with the new dub information those plans have changed! Still, I've been really excited and have marathoned through what I had left - watched episodes 11-16 last Thursday, 17-18 on Friday, 19-26 on Sunday, and I watched Death(true)2 tonight. I'll watch EoE one of the nights this week. Then I plan on watching 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 with the new Amazon dubs before finally watching 3.0+1.0. Don't want that to be the first time I hear the new and old replacement actors.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”