Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:48 pm

I was taking a look at the wiki yesterday when I realized that it can be improved. I'm not talking about adding new information. Instead, I want to organize what's already there. You know, correct grammatical errors, add connectors between sentences and paragraphs, avoid words that are repeated too often and so on. There are some pages here whose edges are a bit rough and I could help with that.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 pm

Right now there's some kind of a bug on the wiki, but whenever that's fixed I'll send you a signup email.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

kuroikiba0102
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kuroikiba0102 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:40 pm

I'm interested in becoming a scribe. On the wiki, I noticed some missing things in a few pages I've seen and would like to contribute.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:57 am

What sort of missing things, out of curiosity?

@BernardoCairo - check your inbox for the sign-up email.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:14 am

I did! I'm already in. When I find some free time, I will start to contribute. Thanks!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

ethovoid
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ethovoid » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi! I was interested in adding new images and replacing old ones with higher quality screenshots, as I have access to the episodes in 1080p quality.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:35 am

The sign-up email should have been sent. Welcome aboard!

cryptnymph
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cryptnymph » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi!

My account on this forum is pretty new, but I've spent a lot of time browsing the wiki this summer, and I've noticed a few mistakes on various pages that could be fixed to allow for easier reading. I'm super good with spelling and grammar, so I'd be happy to help with that!

-cryptnymph

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Sure thing, check your PMs!

babyclav
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby babyclav » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Hey, I just wanted to replace some screenshots as they don't really age well and also some theories that haven't really been updated.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 pm

View Original Postbabyclav wrote:Hey, I just wanted to replace some screenshots as they don't really age well and also some theories that haven't really been updated.

What theories in particular need to be updated? Right now there's a block on editing some of the theory and analysis articles due to vandalism and bad faith editing.

babyclav
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby babyclav » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:13 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
View Original Postbabyclav#926935 wrote:Hey, I just wanted to replace some screenshots as they don't really age well and also some theories that haven't really been updated.

What theories in particular need to be updated? Right now there's a block on editing some of the theory and analysis articles due to vandalism and bad faith editing.

This https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:EoTV_vs._EoE is pretty incomplete and only seems to talk about pro-concurrency arguments with little about opposite endings. It also seems to be formatted poorly with images just presented instead of in an infobox, it gets the episodes wrong and also uses the dialouge from the dub instead of the sub. It also doesn't talk about weak/strong concurrency.

This https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Final_Scene_in_End_of_Evangelion is pretty fine except for it saying that Kimichi warui could possibly be referring to Asuka's disgust with herself, even though Word of God confirms they're referring to "that" scene.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:31 pm

View Original Postbabyclav wrote:This https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:EoTV_vs._EoE is pretty incomplete and only seems to talk about pro-concurrency arguments with little about opposite endings. It also seems to be formatted poorly with images just presented instead of in an infobox, it gets the episodes wrong and also uses the dialouge from the dub instead of the sub. It also doesn't talk about weak/strong concurrency.

I have to check about the source of the dialogue (I don't know if the ADV dub or platinum, it was put up in 2011). If you have a clear argument for opposite endings, that's a good thing!

This https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Final_Scene_in_End_of_Evangelion is pretty fine except for it saying that Kimichi warui could possibly be referring to Asuka's disgust with herself, even though Word of God confirms they're referring to "that" scene.

Do you mean the origins of the phrase "kimochi warui"?

Interview with Yuko Miyamura-

I had been thinking directors should convey their ideal how the show should be to us. But Anno pitches us questions such as "What do you think for yourself if things went on such and such ways to you?" After recording all the lines of the movie, I was called to the studio because the final line needed to be revised. Ogata came there too as it was Asuka and Shinji's scene. Asuka's final line was "Anta nankani korosareru nowa mappira yo!" in the film scenario. Anno didn't live with my line no matter how many times I tried. Ogata and I were at a loss of how we should play what Anno wanted to express; she even tried to ride on me and choke me to meet his demand. He must have been pursuing reality. Concerning the final line we adopted, I'm not sure whether I should say about it in fact. At last Anno asked me "Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn't. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?" I had been thinking he was a strange man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought "Disgusting". And then he sighed and said "... thought as much." He said. " I thought as much. "

This is referred to in the article itself in the reference section. Even if the origins of the line unambiguously include that scene, the line in context is quite deliberately ambiguous.

Proton
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Proton » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:05 am

Hello, I would like to contribute in updating some concepts that were explained more thoroughly or featured in Thrice Upon a Time; I would also provide screenshots from the movie.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:09 am

View Original PostProton wrote:Hello, I would like to contribute in updating some concepts that were explained more thoroughly or featured in Thrice Upon a Time

What concepts, out of curiosity?

hayao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hayao » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Hi,
I'd like to generally be able to enhance the sites on the wiki. I will probably focus on the rebuild sites and add new information from shin evangelion since it does interest me the most right now. We'll see how much i get done but I use this wiki since childhood and it is time to give something back.

Viatori
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Viatori » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:34 am

Hello, I am interested in contributing to the Wiki, mainly just re-wording paragraphs checking grammar, all of those boring things.
-----

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:03 pm

View Original Posthayao wrote:Hi,
I'd like to generally be able to enhance the sites on the wiki.

"Enhance the sites?" in what way do you mean?

hayao
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hayao » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:43 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
View Original Posthayao#929817 wrote:Hi,
I'd like to generally be able to enhance the sites on the wiki.

"Enhance the sites?" in what way do you mean?

Enhace was probably the wrong word. Just wanted to write new content for some sites and update them, especially because of shin's release. Some sites like Mari's also state that they are poorly organized. If the problems won't need too much changes I'll also try to fix them while I am already working on the sites anyway.

Excalabear
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Excalabear » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Got room for 1 more scribe? I've noticed a lot of pages are not mobile friendly I would like to remedy that if possible.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”