That picture again...

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: That picture again...

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:05 pm

(Sees Bagheera post)

(sees on the Ban notices 'Length: Permanent')

ummm.......
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:45 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:(Sees Bagheera post)

(sees on the Ban notices 'Length: Permanent')

ummm.......

There was an announcement some time ago (I forget exactly when) that “Permanent” bans were now going to be “Indefinite” bans. Bags isn’t the first “Permanently” banned individual to have been welcomed back to EGF.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification, and welcome back Bag's ^_^
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:40 pm

I remember going through that image (on my crappy old dvd) using the advance frame by frame function and that a lot of the 'shapes' that you can make out in the cleaned up image aren't as solid as they appear, some being after effects of all the super imposed Reis.

The theory I came up with was that
i) all the other the other images showing things like Adam, Lilith, the Katsuragi expedition etc are distinct drawings or photographs and easy to identify
ii) the only indentifiable things in the image are the 'E.E' written on the diagonal band in the bottom right and the two rows of blurred text in the upper right Image
iii) the only other similar Reiquarium image to this one is another one identified as on the wiki as showing some scenery from NERV HQ - note especially the high contrast between shadows and what looks like concrete and writing- large numbers- on the wall Image
iv) the famous Reiquarium image is probably just some random Nerv background

Apologies as I can never get Imgur to work for me and post my own screenshots but there is something hidden in the Reiquarium images not on the wiki- it's not visible in the picture here (correction-you can barely make it out) but if you check it in the episode this image actually depicts Yui's contact experiment with Unit 01- directly above the exposed core you can make out a figure (standing on what looks like a small circle of light), just like is shown in
SPOILER: Show
the later scene in 3.0

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 am

^Well that looks like Adam with his core sticking out
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:07 am

It does, yeah. In general, these are some good observations Lacissal!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:^Well that looks like Adam with his core sticking out

It could be but from the context of the order the Reiquarium images come in I'd argue it's Unit 01, as the images go

Adam being excavated- Giant of Light- Wings of Light- Second Impact blast from space
(newspapers/official cover up of Second Impact)
Lilith's mask - Unit 01 being grown from Lilith with the core clearly exposed like it was open heart surgery- then what I think is Yui's contact experiment

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Dummy_Plug_Plant_Images

Another reason I think the mysterious image doesn't show Adam or Lilith is that it would be out of sequence from the other images depicting them (admittedly the second last from the Reiquarium shows Yui in her plugsuit but I'd argued that's tied more to Ritsuko's dialogue about the Rei clones)

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:46 am

For me, the image represents some site on the FARs homeworld or some inner structure/mecanism of the Black/White Moon that was not shown during the excavation of both Geofronts (those spacheships cannot be only massive rock...). The pyramidal structure is what most makes me think that it is not something made by humans.
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:47 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Oh yeah, that last picture looks a lot more convincing than the rest of the speculation. Some people in traditional wear overseeing a harbor is definitely the best guess currently

Forocoches is an spanish forum specialiced in trolling.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. Until someone comes up with a far better explanation, I'm going to stick with it being some people overlooking a settlemet with some machinery in the middle and boats on the horizon. Not necessarily traditional clothing, might also just be the Antarctica expedition
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:12 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. Until someone comes up with a far better explanation, I'm going to stick with it being some people overlooking a settlemet with some machinery in the middle and boats on the horizon. Not necessarily traditional clothing, might also just be the Antarctica expedition

Man, even the text is written in a trolling way.....
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:13 pm

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't accidentally get the general theme right. It's probably not sail barges in the back, but the silhouettes in the front do bear some resemblance to humans looking down at some sort of area

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:45 pm

View Original PostLacissal wrote: Image

Looking at this again today, the pale area in the upper left quadrant looks like a wall, or at least a closely aligned set of frontages, with vanishing point at the centreline of the picture just to the left of the dark rectangle (tower?) and some sort of spire (dark triangle) in front of the nearer edge. Another tower (dark) rising from the centre of the picture with an access bridge coming from it at about 5 o'clock, with the foreground figures on some sort of vantage point looking down on it all.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:25 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't accidentally get the general theme right. It's probably not sail barges in the back, but the silhouettes in the front do bear some resemblance to humans looking down at some sort of area

Little bushes?

Lickitung
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lickitung » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:00 pm

maybe adam or lilith

Kukapetal
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kukapetal » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:41 pm

I don’t know how it would fit in with the rest of the image, but that thing in the upper right section of the picture looks like a highway sign to me. Like the kind that hangs over the road that tells you what the next exits are. Could it be possible that this is a city scene of some sort?

idohavetheflu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby idohavetheflu » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:20 am

A half answer to your picture

After some looking around I noticed that there was part of a building in the bottom right corner with some kind of beacon clearly mounted on it. This means someone or something is standing on a building overlooking which I presume to be the remnants of Nerv. Before we look onto that on the bottom left there presumes to be some kind of figure. Take it as a grain of salt from me but I think it's some kind of paper someone is holding. Anyway as you can see in the middle there is some weird looking things but it's actually the crater and the giant cross Shinji made when he was going outside to help Asuka. This makes a lot of sense as the thing in the crater looks like the cross and when you look at the top of the picture you can make out some kind of opening. This leads me to why there is a giant pyramid thing. It's the pyramid thing from Nerv scrunched up from the crater.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:01 pm

Actually, the thing outlined in red looks to me more like a Dalek...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:37 pm

Does anyone else see "303" in the centre?

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 pm

I got carried away...
I spent some time colouring in the tiny details many times over (got loads of them saved now) and it appears to be a complex network of generators, ducts and pipes.
The long white thing with pink bits along the bottom, slightly to the left looks like a human clavicle bone and the big white bit it's attached to at the left looks like a shoulder blade.
One of the pink bits on the clavicle is a broken vertebrae and there's a pink bit at the bottom of it where a rib has been snapped off. If you look closely, you can see the exposed bone marrow in detail on both pieces.
So, perhaps the spherical object is a skull wrapped in fabric.

Most of the white in the bottom left corner and across the front is a disembodied spine. There's bits in the top right corner too.

This is an angel autopsy.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure about which bone is which because of the fuzzy quality, but I am sure that these are bones and they're from the shoulder area.

This must be one of the reject Evas from the very scene before this one.
As seen in EoE, the Evas are disposed of as just a head on a spinal column. This picture must be the dismantling of the rest of the skeleton.
I can't even begin to understand why they use up limited time and manpower on dismantling the skeletons before they get dumped.

On further inspection; I turned it on its side and found a familiar face! Isn't that a Unit 00 face??
I just can't work out what angle I'm looking at.
When turned on its side, the background suddenly looks like one of the prototype spines.

Last edited by AWinters on Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”