The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
perfected_sound
Adam

Postby perfected_sound » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:47 pm

Asuka looks really lovely in that poster, but Shinji.... looks kind of retarded? That site is pretty cool, but lately I've been looking to buy this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/to_the_weststar/yhst-55181551352159_1968_12158886.jpg and they just don't have it. They have a plethora of new resin kits, though. But those are a lot of work.
Remember that you will die. -persona3

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:11 pm

perfected_sound wrote:Asuka looks really lovely in that poster, but Shinji.... looks kind of retarded? That site is pretty cool, but lately I've been looking to buy this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/to_the_weststar/yhst-55181551352159_1968_12158886.jpg and they just don't have it.

I've considered that one myself, it's really gorgeous. Crops up on ebay quite a bit.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:00 pm

I want this poster so bad!

Also, I've just ordered this 12cm model of Shinji from eBay! ^_^ I love eBay! And I've just bid on a Misato figure from the (absurdly cute!) Eva @ School range!

Eva merchandise = pure awesomeness (most of the time anyway, not-so-much in the case of that hideous MP Eva plushie! :p)
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:Also, I've just ordered this 12cm model of Shinji from eBay! ^_^

The Portraits series are probably my favourite line of figures. They're really nicely detailed - great expressions, particularly - and a good size for the price. Can't wait for the 4th lot in November...although COUGH COUGH some more of the male cast would be nice :x
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:02 pm

@ perfected_sound: rightstuf.com is made of win; don't forget that. ;)
(I know I've seen it there before...)

But anyway, I found it here http://factorytoystore.com/product/166026011/B000OFTE2G/ASUKA_LANGLEY_SORYU_CASUAL_CLOTHES_STATU/

Hope that helps!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm

marmotgirl wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:Also, I've just ordered this 12cm model of Shinji from eBay! ^_^

The Portraits series are probably my favourite line of figures. They're really nicely detailed - great expressions, particularly - and a good size for the price. Can't wait for the 4th lot in November...although COUGH COUGH some more of the male cast would be nice :x

That's great to hear! I can't wait to get it in the post now! ^_^

I want the Rei 'portraits' model next! The one where she has the lance of longinus.

I feel your pain at the lack of male characters - I can't find any Kaworu stuff anywhere, and even Shinji stuff is pretty rare ;(
Last edited by CitizenGeek on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

perfected_sound
Adam

Postby perfected_sound » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ perfected_sound: rightstuf.com is made of win; don't forget that. ;)
(I know I've seen it there before...)

But anyway, I found it here http://factorytoystore.com/product/166026011/B000OFTE2G/ASUKA_LANGLEY_SORYU_CASUAL_CLOTHES_STATU/

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I think it's new so it's relatively easy to find, I'm just trying to finda site that has one that's around that price (some sites seriously overcharge :? ) that also has some other stuff I want. But really, it's beautiful. I just need to own it.
Last edited by perfected_sound on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember that you will die. -persona3

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Incisivis » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:50 pm

Wow. I'd love that.

I feel your pain at the lack of male characters - I can't find any Kaworu stuff anywhere, and even Shinji stuff is pretty rare ;(

Have you tried looking for the recent PVC statue of Kaworu and Shinji sitting together? It's expensive, but it looks really nice (says the person who can't afford one) :(

I managed to get a lot of older Shinji merch from obscure websites or smaller anime stores who hadn't ran out of their stock yet.

Kikiwai is a Canadian site that's served me well for this.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:03 am

Incisivis wrote:Have you tried looking for the recent PVC statue of Kaworu and Shinji sitting together? It's expensive, but it looks really nice (says the person who can't afford one) :(

Oh yes, I have seen that one quite a lot actually! It's very cool, but far too expensive :[

Kikiwai is a Canadian site that's served me well for this.

Ah, cool site! Thanks for the link ^_^

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:09 am

CitizenGeek wrote:
Incisivis wrote:Have you tried looking for the recent PVC statue of Kaworu and Shinji sitting together? It's expensive, but it looks really nice (says the person who can't afford one) :(

Oh yes, I have seen that one quite a lot actually! It's very cool, but far too expensive :[

My pride and joy, and I got it for a mere 26 quid :D (I know, I say 'mere' :roll: ...but it was so much cheaper that I'd seen it anywhere else that I just bought it on the spot.) Unfortunately I've just checked the site I purchased it from and they don't appear to have it listed anymore.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:35 pm

marmotgirl wrote:My pride and joy, and I got it for a mere 26 quid :D (I know, I say 'mere' :roll: ...but it was so much cheaper that I'd seen it anywhere else that I just bought it on the spot.) Unfortunately I've just checked the site I purchased it from and they don't appear to have it listed anymore.

Wow, that is quite a bargain price, actually! I want one soo bad :[

And now I have just ordered Misato from the Evangelion @ School range!

Coded to the Core
Lilith

Postby Coded to the Core » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:32 pm

I love Gainax! :P
I am Clincly obssessed with collection Evangelion Merchandise , I own a lot of Movic/Banpresto NGE Merch , I have The Nerv mouse ( i posted some pic's in some topic in the omake section) and well i own mousepads (original) , A keyboard + Monitor cover both the new movie's edition (rebuild) and the old ones . I own clear files / Phone stickers .. erm a pen shaped like an Entry plug ... lol . A Seele mirror (Movic Original) . Some 2007 Sega prize figures ( Asuka + Rei) + ( A metamo Asuka Figure ( Changes dress color depending on the tmp. ) and some Eva Gashpons (Eva01/Eva02/Eva03) . Erm 01 Plug suit T-shirt (Cospa) + Leather band (Nerv) .. ( Cospa limited Evangelion leliel + Nerv net caps ) ... a lot of other stuff.
+
The Platinium Collection
+
Movie Boxed set
+
FLCL (ultimate collection) * figured out we're talkin gainax so .. *

nyway i dont really use that stuff , I open some stuff check it .. Wear it for a day or too .. Then put it back . lol

Currently i am collection Rebuild merch but it's really difficult to grab some , They sell out like hell .. And the pr0xy buyer i used to deal with doesnt do pr0xy buying anymore .. says he's bored .. :?
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby fadingreminder » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:52 pm

I'd kill to find a proxy buyer... I don't even know where to start looking for one. I'd love to have a nice, new, shiny NERV mouse... Any suggestions?

Coded to the Core
Lilith

Postby Coded to the Core » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:19 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2448&start=20

you can see pic's of the mouse + some stuff in one of my posts ! ;D
I'd kill to find a proxy buyer... I don't even know where to start looking for one. I'd love to have a nice, new, shiny NERV mouse... Any suggestions?

I'll PM you .

Thanks
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:12 pm

Stardust would kill for some MOAR Shinji-kun goods, too. :( He is the main character, after all! Oh, and this is horribly horribly off-topic, but just popped into my head: Was the main character of Eva originally going to be female? If so, maybe that kinda explains why Shinji acts effeminate?

But since there's a distressing lack of Misato goods (it seems like Maya is featured on more things then her?) there should be some Kaji goods, too. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Stardust would kill for some MOAR Shinji-kun goods, too. :( He is the main character, after all!

Maybe, but unless he grew a pair of melons the size Okinawa when I wasn't looking, it ain't gonna happen. People just don't care about him (for various reasons too numerous to list).

But since there's a distressing lack of Misato goods (it seems like Maya is featured on more things then her?)

I am a little surprised at how little love Misato gets in the merchandising area, but you know how the Japanese are. If it ain't loli, it ain't worth it.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:10 am

I wonder if they'll ever make a EVA-GANG toy...like, everyone from Evangelion in one set, all happy and stuff, including the Eva, Eva Series, EVERYTHING!

that would prolly cost quite a lot...o.o

where are kaworu dolls? there hasn't been much....has there? and ritsuko? any gendos? or fuyutsukis? maya? hikari? touji? yui?

hmmm....all i see around are the Children and the Eva.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:12 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:where are kaworu dolls? there hasn't been much....has there? and ritsuko? any gendos? or fuyutsukis? maya? hikari? touji? yui?

I have a Maya figure from those trading boxes (Portraits maybe?), there was also a Ritsuko one but I didn't get it.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 am

phew! thats a relief....for me, spiritually. I can't afford those dolls anytime soon.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:21 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:phew! thats a relief....for me, spiritually. I can't afford those dolls anytime soon.

I think these trading figures were pretty cheap, they're only 10 or 12 centimeters high. I got 2 of them for free at some store (in Akihabara) for buying so much stuff, and I think I bought 2 more for maybe 850 yen? I'm not sure how much they are in the states.

I've not seen many Gendos, Fuyutsukis, Tojis, and Yuis tho, if at all.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”