News [NO POLITICS]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DiracSea902
Embryo

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

•      
  •      

Postby DiracSea902 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:45 pm

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Colin Pitchfork, the first criminal to be convicted by DNA evidence, is eligible for release according to parole board.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... -pitchfork
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:54 am

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:15 pm

Kiryu Coco, vtuber and worlds highest grossing streamer, is graduating.
Never watched her a ton, but this stings. I don't even know what to say here except fuck; It was only a matter of time until one of them would, but Hololive will never feel the same after this.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Koichi Yamadera gets married for the third time:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... da/.174125
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:42 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Kiryu Coco, vtuber and worlds highest grossing streamer, is graduating.
Never watched her a ton, but this stings. I don't even know what to say here except fuck; It was only a matter of time until one of them would, but Hololive will never feel the same after this.

The fateful day was yesterday; I missed the event live, but man, watching the archive of her final stream hits differently.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:35 pm

I think it must be my age or something, but I totally do not get the whole vtuber thing.

Or the whole influencer thing, really. Most just look like attention whores peddling shit. :uhh:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Well, I personally understand why Vtubers are so big nowadays. It’s basically the “Let’s Play” Twitch streamer craze, combined with the idea of anime waifus. In other words, the experience of watching someone you can interact with playing a video game, combined with the idea of an idealized cartoon girlfriend. A perfect recipe to reach all the lonely people in lockdown back in 2020.

I agree with you on influencers being shitty, though. When your whole online identity is based on being “famous” so you can use that leverage to sell other people’s products, you’re bound to be pretty selfish and attention seeking.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:34 pm

*sighs* And to think I had a crush on her, she goes and keeps making wrong decisions regarding her men:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... erson.html
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Welp. The German health infrastructure has officially hit the point of no return. Even if there wasn't a single new infection from today onwards, our hospitals will run out of capacity within the next two weeks. The price for hubris is paid in blood.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:31 pm

I'm sorry for your country, Blockio. When I saw the news that Germany had lost control of the pandemic it was a big "what?" to me.
News portals in my country are constantly talking about how "chaotic" Europe is these days, especially Germany and Austria.

I don't know how long Brazil will manage to keep the current low numbers of deaths and hospitalizations.

I've just looking at some charts... congrats to Spain and Portugal!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:33 pm

*sighs* Looks like Vic ain't the only voice actor that's in big trouble:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intere ... ct/.182629

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:48 pm

Oh man. His voice was unique and I definitely hope he rests in peace. :sniffle:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/g ... fbfd9ac538

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:05 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Oh man. His voice was unique and I definitely hope he rests in peace. :sniffle:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/g ... fbfd9ac538

oh wow Gilbert Gottfried.....he was always instantly recognizable with that voice.....
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:33 pm

Really a gosh darn shame especially since he was one of the screenwriters of my favorite James Bond film that starred Daniel Craig:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/p ... 331f8b0091

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:05 pm

Amazing! If this return to shape brings us any closer to at least one of the two cancelled Charlie's Angels sequels that never came to be back in the day, by all means make us proud:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... 85992f488c

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:44 pm

It looks like the Eiffel Tower would not be such an effective anti-angel weapon after all

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:49 pm

Well, it was meant to be taken down as soon as the Exposition was over, so there was bound to be some wear and tear on the structure.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:40 pm

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:24 am

^ I woke up today with these news, and unfortunately he died.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”