[Fic] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Little Angel

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

[Fic] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Little Angel

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:45 am

Hi all, I'm a new user here at EvaGeeks but have lurked around here accountless for a while.

I am writing an Eva fic and decided to post it here because I feel it would get some attention here as well as on FF.net.

So, what is my story? Well, does anyone remember an old Spacebattles forum called Little Angel on My Shoulder? For anyone who doesn't, basically it was a massive, not very well connected group of various people writing stories about how the Angels survived as Shoulder Angels after they died, with each Angel having distinct personalities that developed over the forums run. Well I decided to take the idea in an attempt to make a complete AU coherent story starting from Episode 1 and going all the way through to EoE. It starts out rather like the anime we all know and love, but as the story continues, we see some changes, mainly by the Angels being around after they "die", and how some things and interactions between characters change.

Current Status: 24 Chapters Available!

So there we go. Note that many elements from Rebuild and the Manga are going to appear in this story, so don't let the fact that changes may not be too many just yet, they'll get bigger, I promise. Bear with me as earlier chapters aren't as long or fleshed out as later ones. I'll probably go back and rewrite some earlier chapters once the Story finishes.

Also, note on Shippings, Shinji/Asuka, that's what I'm going for here. Shinji/Rei is sibling like, just to note for anyone who has shipping preferences.

I will update the forum with Chapter updates as I continue, Chapter 20 should be complete in a couple days time, just give me a little bit to get it done and write new stuff around adapted Episode stuff.

Thanks!
Josh
Last edited by CoolJosh2002 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

Re: [Fic] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Little Angel

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:29 am

So I know I said Chapter 20 should be done in a couple days... it's been about 2 weeks.

I apologise about this, but Chapter 20 is being worked on! It's nearing completion, I just keep getting more ideas for the Chapter, and it just keeps growing. To note, the Chapter is about 13,000 Words currently, and I still have an entire extra scene of content I want to write. So it might be a bit longer until the Chapter releases, but it will be worth it I guarantee.

Josh (Who is currently writing with very cold hands...)

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 am

Hey! How's everyone been since my last update? Well I have something for you...

Chapter 20: Unit-02, Lift Off!

:w00:

With that being said, it's time to reveal the title of the next chapter! And it will be...

Moment, Heart, Together!

Maybe that will give you an idea of what will happen next chapter!

Anyway, I'll try not to take too long to get the next chapter out, but I shouldn't make any promises. We'll see what happens.
Josh

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:18 pm

So two months is a while but I have a couple new things for you all!

Chapter 21: Moment, Heart, Together

So, Chapter 21 is here! And wow this was a big chapter. 25,000 Words! Enjoy it!

I also went and did this:

Chapter 1: Angel Attack (Rewrite)

Chapter 1 has also been completely rewritten! It's now significantly better, and also about triple the length of the original!

Next is Chapter 22, which is called:

Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!

Also, Chapter 2 will be rewritten and released at the same time, so look forward to that!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:08 am

Welcome to the forum ^_^

I just wanted to say I love your work and I remember reading this and loving the comedy elements and the concept.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:51 am

Firstly, a huge thank you to Silvermoonlight for welcoming me here! It feels great to be in a place where I can chat with other Eva fans like myself! And a huge thank you for loving my work!

Anyway, we have business here, as usual, and in this case, I think it's a new chapter update!

Chapter 22: Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!

Quite a long one here purely because there was so much I could do with the Sync Training. So that's what I did! It should note that I wrote a good 15,000 or so words before content from Episode 9 even started appearing in the chapter, that's how much stuff I could do. I should also note September 11th is like one of only a couple dates that we can pinpoint an Angel attack occuring, and yes, we are fairly sure it's Israfel, so they're defeated on the 11th here.

The Chapter 2 re-write will go up in a couple days, just finalising a couple more scenes for it.

Enjoy the new chapter guys! Chapter 23 will start work once I finish the Chapter 2 re-write. I'll go back and forth, Chapter 3 re-write will follow Chapter 23.

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:07 am

And here is the re-write for Chapter 2, now renamed Reunion! Read it here!

Chapter 2: Reunion (Rewrite)

I highly recommend reading this re-write due to a lot of rewriting having been done. It's not as much as Chapter 1 but its there. A couple of new scenes are here so its worth reading again.

Next is Chapter 23, followed by the Chapter 3 rewrite. Till then!

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:40 am

So... I finally finished Chapter 23 of Little Angel! So, here it is, Enjoy it!

Chapter 23: Changing Hearts, Immutable Hearts

So there it is! First Impression has started, despite the change in Chapter name! So yes, Shinji has been hit with a little dilemma...

Chapter 24 is going to be called...

The Uninvited

Wrapping up the First Impression plotline and moving some plots forward. The Fourth Child will be chosen soon, as Unit-03 needs a pilot, and Unit-08 will be on its way before too long, so Mari will finally have her own Eva!

A quick note, my story is split into six rough arcs, they are as follows: Prelude -> Action -> Descent -> Crash -> New World -> Redo

Interesting stuff! Chapter 3 is being rewritten next, really need to expand on that chapter with some new content, got a couple ideas for it, so stay tuned! Chapter 24 will begin work after that!

Enjoy the new chapter!

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:35 am

Hi everyone! Just letting you know the current state of upcoming Chapters / Revisions.

Chapter 24 has finished the writing process, I am now going through a proper edit, giving the entire thing a read through and rewriting and shifting around portions to make things a bit more natural. Not much needed but there is stuff there. This should take 3-4 days, having started today.

Chapter 3's Rewrite is still in the writing process, right now in the process of properly going through the first half of Episode 2 and really making it my own. I won't give a date on when it's finished, as I've still got a bit to go regarding this rewrite.

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:44 am

Hi all! Chapter 24 is finished!

Here it is!
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13364624/2 ... ttle-Angel

And now, for Chapter 25, not really much else to say about this title:

The Fourth Child

I'm assuming the Chapter 3 rewrite will come out first, but we'll see what happens...

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:45 am

Evening everyone!

Just jumping on here quickly to let you know that Chapter 25 is being worked on, but it is very slow going. There's a lot of times where I simply did not want to write anything after a long day and I've stalled on it for about a couple months now. I intend to get the chapter done hopefully sometime within the next few weeks then take an actual break from this story while I do a full break down of where the story will go during Arc 2 / Part 2 / Season 2 etc. The next arc is entirely Action based so I want to make sure things are lining up.

Just wanted to give a quick update on what was happening with this story.

Return to “Fanfiction”