[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:37 pm

RG Unit 3 is up for preorder. Its DX includes Unit-00’s shield.

Kinda disappointed they didn’t include extra long arms to recreate its beast mode. But honestly it’s been so long since I watched 2.0 that I don’t even remember if it’s infected mode had two extra long arms or if that was just in NGE.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:19 am

View Original PostArcher wrote:But honestly it’s been so long since I watched 2.0 that I don’t even remember if it’s infected mode had two extra long arms or if that was just in NGE.

It had four arms in 2.0 :lol:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:36 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:
View Original PostArcher#925804 wrote:But honestly it’s been so long since I watched 2.0 that I don’t even remember if it’s infected mode had two extra long arms or if that was just in NGE.

It had four arms in 2.0 :lol:

Lol, then it’s long arms will be included in the deluxe version of whatever RG they do next. :emogendo:

Honestly, I wish they’d go back and fix the arm design on these kits before releasing any more. It really killed my interest in the whole line, because the biceps are really just THAT bad.

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:47 am

For anyone interested, CDJapan has the Eva store exclusive Evangelion Evolution 3.0 + 1.0 Reis Ayanami repaint figure up for order through their proxy service. Certainly not cheap considering she doesn't come with hardly any of the accessories of the regular version and I don't know how the price compares to other proxy sellers but there you go. Looks really nice imo.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:26 pm

I haven't built any of them yet (and fwiw, I have heard mixed things about the biceps; seems like they're not terribly hard to fix according to some model kit friends of mine), but the forearm design I really do not care for
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:11 pm

They’re easy enough to fix with superglue, but generally I do not like to use glue on my kits unless absolutely necessary.

I agree that the forearms kinda suck. The hips are another problematic area - again fixable by just gluing the hip barrel assembly in place, but not ideal.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:08 pm

I'm not super aware of the hip joints, but generally speaking unless there is some really fucky engineering going on, tightening any joint it usually a fairly easy task, just put a coat of glue or paint over top. I'll probably grab one of the RGs at some point, although I have yet to decide which one
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:30 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:tightening any joint it usually a fairly easy task, just put a coat of glue or paint over top.

Also, putting tiny, tiny pieces or rubber (like cut from an elastic band) helps.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:39 am

I generally advise against that; that's only a temporary fix and will wear out the joint much quicker in the long term

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I generally advise against that; that's only a temporary fix and will wear out the joint much quicker in the long term

Ah, didn't know about that. Thanks!

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:36 am

Lol… there is indeed some fucky engineering with the hips.

As for which one to get? I’d go with either good ol’ Unit 1 or the upcoming Unit 3, simply due to how under-represented it is - I believe the only widely available option is the old HG and I’ve long expressed my distaste with those kits.

Unit 00 and Mark 6 in particular have… questionable colors. 00 is too mustardy for my tastes, rather than the nice vibrant orange-yellow. And Mark 6 is almost purple instead of navy blue, which makes it look like a completely different “character”. No idea who made that choice, since the HG Mark 6 is way more color accurate.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:59 pm

If I'm gonna get one, I'll wait for the inevitable 04 P Bandai; that will almost definitely be metallic plated and be absolute eye candy as a result. Also Having 04 be my first in a line of Eva figures is kind of a tradition for me at this point, lol

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:52 pm

I dunno if it’s inevitable. So far they’ve only been using this mold for Rebuild decos, does the silver Unit 4 even exist in the Rebuilds? If they were going to do NGE stuff I feel like they would’ve re-released color variants of 0, 1 and 2 already.

If anything I’d be interested in seeing it retooled into an MP Eva. That hasn’t had ANY variants since the old ones, far as I can tell, not even from Kotobukiya.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:50 am

04 is the same in NTE as it is in NGE; the exact same body as 03, just in silver. And the thing with the mold is that the Rebuild version isn't just a new color, the proportions are also significantly different. If they were to do NGE/EoE versions, we'd be looking at a 75% new mold, and I don't see that happening any time soon, RG molds are expensive as hell to make. I'll be glad if Bandai proves me wrong here, but don't hold your breath for it

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 am

Bandai Tamashii Nations appear to be making the most of Shin Eva reaching the ten billion mark. Three figures announced yesterday and up for pre-order today including repaint RD unit 01 its Cassius spear, a MK 13 and a Dynaction unit 02!!! Another Dynaction unit 01 with Cassius spear on its way as well as Robot Spirits unit 08, y and a continuation of the metal build Eva line with what looks unit 00 waiting in the wings.

My wallet stings.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Stuart
Adam

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby Stuart » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:22 am

Is it just me or does anyone want to go on a mad merch spending spree?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:31 am

Just you. I haven't owned a single piece of merch in my entire life (for financial and domestic availability reasons) and I'm not feeling any need to start now.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:20 pm

View Original PostStuart wrote:Is it just me or does anyone want to go on a mad merch spending spree?

I don't... But ask again when they have announced some new Revoltechs...

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:16 am

Yeah, same. I'm definitely gonna get N02, 08y (probably also ICC in the long run) and the Vessels once they're announced (also probably one or two Mk.7s for good measure), but for now I'm more or less good honestly

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:39 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote: the Vessels once they're announced

In a perfect world those would come in a single package with one body and swappable torsos, heads pylons and legs...

Although, with the Wonderfest cancelled until 2022, who knows when we'll see the announced.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”