Spoiler Policy for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 [OVER!!!]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Spoiler Policy for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:41 am

I think the OST should fall under apoilers honestly. It could potentially say a lot about the movie.
Like if someone is like "I love all those super happy and upbeat songs in the latter half", that would imply a lot.

But just my opinion.
I'll probably be gone anyway until the film is out on home video.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:57 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I think the OST should fall under apoilers honestly. It could potentially say a lot about the movie.

That is what the OST is meant to do. But it is available internationally, and why continue to keep it under spoilers when anyone anywhere in the world can enjoy it come March 17? If someone were to match a song to a scene, it would be spoilery, but if someone were to speculate on what was going on based on the OST, that would not really spoil anything!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:38 am

I can't really agree with that.
There is a reason the OST doesn't come out before or the same day as the movie in Japan (even though it was ready in january). It's meant to be something you listen to having seen the film, something (in theory) us outside Japan can't do.

But in that case the spoiler policy doesn't cover something I definitely consider a spoiler. I know that's probably different for everyone though.

How was this during 3.0 days?

However I don't want to limit what people wanna talk about, even if I really don't agree. I think I'm generally taking an EGF/all things Eva break till I can see the film.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:01 am

You are welcome to have your own personal spoiler policy and stick to it.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:36 am

I don't think that the OST will contain a ton of spoilers, as NTE music has always been rather..... vague in its titles and contents. Think of Q, even the more expressive songs like Ultimate Soldier and The Wrath of God in all its Fury don't exactly reveal anything about what's going on in the film
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Spoiler Policy for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 [ACTIVE NOW, Password in OP!]

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:16 am

Bump for those who missed it: Password is in the OP, "spoilmerotten"
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 am

This topic can only be viewed if you type the password, so warning here is useless :lol:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:46 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:This topic can only be viewed if you type the password, so warning here is useless :lol:

I think it's pinned to every thread in the forum.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:50 am

^
I realized the thread title after I posted it :sweatdrop:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:53 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:This topic can only be viewed if you type the password, so warning here is useless :lol:

Oh shit, you make a very good point. Hold on, I'll fix that

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:25 am

-o-;

I am so, so sorry! This thread is a global announcement but it was originally posted in the 3.0 + 1.0 subforum. I forgot to move it to the main Rebuild subforum!

mastervampire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mastervampire » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 pm

why do i have to enter the forum password almost every time?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:15 pm

Everybody has to enter the password every time the session expires, no exceptions. That's just the way the software is set up.

frontier64
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby frontier64 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:51 pm

Is there any idea when we're going to see this release in American theaters? Either my googlefu is lacking or there's nothing on the internet telling us when.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Ask that question in this thread.

This thread is STRICTLY for questions pertaining to the spoiler policy. Any off-topic discussion in here will be moved or deleted.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Just as a reminder - the 10 minute AVANT 1 version screened in 2019 is not a spoiler.

However, we're treating the 12 minute version screened at the premiere, featuring additional details and 2 minutes of new footage, as a spoiler. Simply put, the 12-minute Shin Eva premiere falls under the spoiler policy.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am

Spoiler tags and the hide function don't exist so that you can post gratuitous spoilers within them, or flaunt your knowledge of Shin Eva outside the spoiler subforum. They are there for enabling franchise-wide discussions outside the spoiler subforum, in circumstances where it makes sense to refer to spoiler material without having to spoil the movie for those who haven't watched it. (For mostly or entirely spoiler-filled discussions, there's always the spoiler subforum, of course)

EDIT: I've also added Section 2 (c) to the spoiler policy -

2c. Posting gratuitous hidden spoilers (with or without hints at their content), is considered a deliberate violation of the spirit of the rules and will be treated as such.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:33 am

Upon further discussion with moderation staff, the Evangelion 3.0 (-120 min) Manga, as a supplemental material released alongside Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0, has been placed under the spoiler policy. The spoiler policy has been amended to include this.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:23 am

with an english version now on the horizon, i must ask, how long the policy will stay active past august 13th
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:16 pm

To answer Kendrix's question, we had an internal discussion about when to lift the spoiler policy. Shin Eva is going to be more accessible than any of the previous Rebuild of Evangelion movies due to being given an international streaming on Prime Video - worldwide, no less! More people will have watched the movie sooner than any of the previous movies as a result, and that means there's no need to continue the spoiler policy for very long.

The majority of us thought that the most reasonable option would be to lift the spoiler policy on August 23rd, 10 days after the worldwide release. This allows folks to watch Shin Eva over the weekends of the 14th/15th and 21st/22nd.

We'll let you know in future if a delay (to August 30, for instance) is necessary but for now think of the 23rd as the day you no longer have to type "spoilmerotten" to discuss Shin Eva.

The opening post and thread title have been edited with this information as well.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”