Deleted Scenes and Unused Plans - 1.111/2.222 Wishes

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Deleted Scenes and Unused Plans - 1.111/2.222 Wishes

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:33 am

View Original PostHARVEST wrote:Also, I am curious, is the 3.333+Shin double feature screening considered one film by Eirin just like how Death(true)^2 and EoE released as one film a few months back or are they considered two separate films?

I believe they're considered as a double feature, literally just two separate films being screened back-to-back instead of being combined into one. The original plan back in January before the emergency state that dictates theaters to close at 8pm was to have 3.333 screened first then a brief break, then continues to Shin right as the clock hits midnight of January 23.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

HARVEST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:41 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:
View Original PostHARVEST#925363 wrote:Also, I am curious, is the 3.333+Shin double feature screening considered one film by Eirin just like how Death(true)^2 and EoE released as one film a few months back or are they considered two separate films?

I believe they're considered as a double feature, literally just two separate films being screened back-to-back instead of being combined into one. The original plan back in January before the emergency state that dictates theaters to close at 8pm was to have 3.333 screened first then a brief break, then continues to Shin right as the clock hits midnight of January 23.

Who considers it as such? Eirin?

HARVEST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:20 am

View Original PostHARVEST wrote:
View Original PostGhostlyOcam#925368 wrote:I believe they're considered as a double feature, literally just two separate films being screened back-to-back instead of being combined into one. The original plan back in January before the emergency state that dictates theaters to close at 8pm was to have 3.333 screened first then a brief break, then continues to Shin right as the clock hits midnight of January 23.

Who considers it as such? Eirin?

I know Revival of Evangelion (Death(true)2 and EoE combines) is considered one film by Eirin but I don't know if they considered Q+Shin as one movie just like they do Revival.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:15 pm

A better epilogues at the end of 2.222 that connects it to the events of 3.333 would be nice. It needs to be clear that N3I was not stopped until Kaji and Mark6 went down to CD, only berserk eva 1 is stopped - so that needs to be clear.

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:06 pm

There are some cut scenes from 2.0 with Mari that would have been nice to see, but the important scene that I'd like to see re-added is the one that shows Shinji receiving a letter and toy Eva from Sakura.
It's a really cute scene in the storyboards that very much relates to the situation with her in the films following 2.0.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”