Rebuild of Evangelion Alternate Versions/TV Airings

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
HARVEST
Adam

Rebuild of Evangelion Alternate Versions/TV Airings

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:11 am

https://forums.lostmediawiki.com/thread ... e-versions
According to this Lost Media Wiki Forum post, the alternate versions of the films are lost, mostly theatrical releases and TV airings, with the only ones not lost being the ones released on home video.

What is very curious to me are the TV airings, which are: 1.01', 1.01'', 2.02', 2.02'', 2.02''', 3.03', 3.03''. What would Studio Khara alter for these TV airings? Why are they all longer than their Blu-ray versions? Why are they all 114 minutes long? Are the longer runtimes actually because new footage exclusively made for TV, behind-the-scenes footage or commercials? If these longer runtimes are because of new footage, what scenes could they have added exclusively for these special TV airings?

These versions only aired on Nippon TV's Friday ROADSHOW, and very rarely at that.
I am really curious about these TV versions seeing as they could possibly contain some deleted scenes, especially regarding 3.03'', which had the most added minutes. I am not getting my hopes up that they could possibly have a prologue for 3.03'' exclusively made for TV but what did they add to these TV airings and what makes them different from the home video and theatrical releases?

I hope someone can find these lost TV versions.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”