Have you ever read a SxA fic whilst being a SxR shipper.....

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Have you ever read a SxA fic whilst being a SxR shipper.....

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:09 am

Now I'm generally more of a multishipper while LRS is my favorite option I can reasonably enjoy a fic that pairs Shinji with Kaworu/Misato/Mana/Mayumi/Mari/whatever

Or even AsuShin when it's an angst/dysfunctional/drama kind of thing, that much just reflects canon.

That said I have a dislike of LAS (or AsuRei, for that matter) portrayed as like a good and happy thing for independent reasons of liking other ships better, like in general I really don't vibe with the "opposites attract" or "belligerent couple" tropes in any context, especially not "introvert needs an extrovert to "fix" them or be complete because introverts are bad and introverts loving each other is bad" (which I acknowledge is a result of personal taste, personal beliefs and personal sore spots, and hence, just my opinion) and just because Asuka acts like too much of a bully.
Which would be less of a problem if the common approach to this was not "the bully is right, everything she said about Shinji is true, he is the only one who needs to change to "win" the girl (and then ppl call that feminists just because she yells a bit)"

I generally believe tho that a good enough writer can make everything work if they really want to and that there's a lot more bad executions than really bad ideas.

So like, I wouldn't read something that's purely ship fluff unless I actually like the ship, but if it's a good elaborate plot fic that I'm reading for the good elaborate plot I wouldn't care about the ship.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Have you ever read a SxA fic whilst being a SxR shipper.....

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:55 am

I'll read anything I don't mind so long as the quality is good.

I do think with LAS and Asurei unless you are really willing to unpack the couples flaws deeply like calling out Asuka's bullying, Shinji being passive-aggressive and Rei stonewalling or not saying what she feels you don't have a good relationship foundation at all, and I'm really against the idea of the falling for your bully trope. Saying this have seen writers pull of the above and really well either by working with AU or aged up or unpacking everything post EOE or Rebuild.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Fanfiction”