Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xenoblade
Lilith

Re: Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby Xenoblade » Thu May 27, 2021 1:50 pm

Beyond the deep importance of the domestic Japanese market I'm not sure how much they care about any other market in particular. International releases beyond Japan might be somewhat close together, especially if this English dub talk is true, alongside select continental European languages.

All this talk about streaming though is puzzling for another reason. I don't see this film coming to streaming services as part of a standard subscription fee like the first three rebuilds very well might (and already are in Japan) - for years. Who wants to miss out on revenue from theatres, especially as the vaccination drive finds another gear worldwide?

I know that Demon Slayer is a different beast, but that got a North American run while movie theatres were/are shuttered in much of Canada due to the pandemic. Other parts of the west (aside from the US for the most part) likely had the same thing happen at one time or another. Films still came out all the same, just in theatres elsewhere first or at the same time via a streaming "purchase" system.

As the vaccination drive continues and the world opens up, 3.0+1.0 will be in theatres in many western countries like normal, I suspect, and will then receive a fairly standard home release (which means a streaming "purchase" and/or Blu-ray). I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. :wink: It just seems a fairly safe bet.

Of course, things might be a little different now if Khara truly wants to avoid Funimation, but they likely have a solution of some sort. :emogendo:
Don't be.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu May 27, 2021 9:35 pm

The previous three films don't make much money outside Japan so I'm not sure nationwide screening for Shin is guaranteed like Demon Slayer, BUT, the anime landscape has changed drastically from 2012 and there's a few factors that could make this one getting a "special" treatment, like its sheer curiosity factor of being the end of a long-running series. Social media is also more dominant than ever so they could build awareness in the weeks leading to release, the only missing piece is having the previous three films easily accessible for streaming so people who haven't seen Rebuild yet could jump in immediately.

Speaking of streaming, the official Evangelion website now has a section dedicated to listing services that have Evangelion (NGE, Rebuild, or both of them) which is pretty cool. It's currently Japan-only, but a massive improvement now that we know they truly care about the franchise's digital availability.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Fri May 28, 2021 8:10 am

Dang, that's a lot of services. I thought the rebuilds were only streaming on Prime, but that's like more than 20 services lol.

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Fri May 28, 2021 12:26 pm

View Original PostXenoblade wrote: I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. :wink: It just seems a fairly safe bet.

I hope that it's a tasty hat in the event that you do have to eat it :asuka_ohoho: :asuka_ohoho: :asuka_ohoho:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Fri May 28, 2021 3:42 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote: Speaking of streaming, the official Evangelion website now has a section dedicated to listing services that have Evangelion (NGE, Rebuild, or both of them) which is pretty cool. It's currently Japan-only, but a massive improvement now that we know they truly care about the franchise's digital availability.

This inspired me to make a mega poster of the first 3 rebuilds:

When the movies finally stream internationally, I'll make another poster in English, with new art!

Also I'll make local and international posters of 3.33+1.11 once it's streaming.

Please do not multipost - Blockio

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri May 28, 2021 5:14 pm

View Original PostHooded_Omar wrote:This inspired me to make a mega poster of the first 3 rebuilds:

I love these. Amazing.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri May 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Yeah, they look pretty neat! If I had to pick out a single thing, I'd say make the Eva eyes a bit brighter, like they really glow
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Fri May 28, 2021 7:02 pm

View Original PostHooded_Omar wrote:This inspired me to make a mega poster of the first 3 rebuilds:

When the movies finally stream internationally, I'll make another poster in English, with new art!

Also I'll make local and international posters of 3.33+1.11 once it's streaming.

Please do not multipost - Blockio

If I could insert a GIF of Palpatine saying, "DEWIT" I would have added it like 5 times right now xD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:I love these. Amazing.

Thank you!

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Yeah, they look pretty neat! If I had to pick out a single thing, I'd say make the Eva eyes a bit brighter, like they really glow

Thanks! Also, that's a neat idea, the eyes thing. I'll try doing that in future Eva art projects.

Please do not double post unless it's either necessary or a significant amount of time has passed from your previous post. If you have something new to add, just edit your previous post. Thank you.
-Zusuchan

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Fri May 28, 2021 10:44 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:The previous three films don't make much money outside Japan so I'm not sure nationwide screening for Shin is guaranteed like Demon Slayer, BUT, the anime landscape has changed drastically from 2012 and there's a few factors that could make this one getting a "special" treatment, like its sheer curiosity factor of being the end of a long-running series. Social media is also more dominant than ever so they could build awareness in the weeks leading to release, the only missing piece is having the previous three films easily accessible for streaming so people who haven't seen Rebuild yet could jump in immediately.

Speaking of streaming, the official Evangelion website now has a section dedicated to listing services that have Evangelion (NGE, Rebuild, or both of them) which is pretty cool. It's currently Japan-only, but a massive improvement now that we know they truly care about the franchise's digital availability.

thats nothing new really, its been like that for a year
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat May 29, 2021 5:56 am

Really? I didn't notice that, my bad (to be fair, they only start linking the direct URL on their Twitter profile just recently)

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:20 pm

Was on Anime News Network trying to remember what episode of this anime I'm on and the following caught my eye:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-06-06/final-evangelion-film-gets-new-3.0-1.01-update-for-last-run/.173638

Seeing as how this was posted last night at 10:14 EST, I think we might have to wait a tiny bit longer until the films gets released internationally OTL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:15 am

Shiro Sagisu's Music from "SHIN EVANGELION" album is now available to listen in its entirety in music streaming services including Spotify and Apple Music! You can also digitally purchase it through iTunes Store, Recochoku, mora, and animelo mix. It also has sold more than 46.000 physical copies since release.

(PS: It won't be available in your area if it's not midnight yet)

Zethus Thorne
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zethus Thorne » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:15 pm

I know someone who knows someone about who may have the rights to Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 in France

I believe it's All The Anime.

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 pm

View Original PostZethus Thorne wrote:I know someone who knows someone about who may have the rights to Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 in France

I believe it's All The Anime.

Did they tell you literally anything else?

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:46 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Shiro Sagisu's Music from "SHIN EVANGELION" album is now available to listen in its entirety in music streaming services including Spotify and Apple Music!

Errrr... An update, I guess. Some friends on Twitter reported that it's not available in their regions yet and turns out it's only available in select countries, here's the Spotify availability map. (Only the green ones can access it)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 am

The entire soundtrack is available through the EVA-EXTRA application if you've downloaded it. (I have a paid subscription, so I don't know if the songs are accessible without paying any additional money.)

Your Spotify account needs to be linked to the region itself, too-- simply accessing Spotify from inside Japan if your account is registered as being in America will not allow you access to the songs on Spotify. (Source: I have an American Spotify account and cannot access the Shin soundtrack even when using Spotify in Japan.)

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:29 am

I don't use it, but I heard there are samples of the first four tracks in EVA-EXTRA app, sucks that the availability is very limited tho. (One of the very rare occassions where I'm happy being an Indonesian lol)

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:49 am

Khara just put out another trailer that seems to be super spoilerfilled....
Also sprach Zarathustra

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am

It's super spoilery. Like, if you are trying to remain unspoiled, do not watch this trailer. It's all the previous post-release trailers on steroids.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”