Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

Re: Official "Hello/Goodbye" Thread!

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:42 am

I like Mr. Kon's work in general e.g. Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Paprika and Paranoia Agent. Keen eye on detail and acerbic humour.

For famous Manx people the obvious choice are the Bee Gees. Though there have been famous residents like Rick Wakeman, Cynthia Lennon and Nigel Mansell (The latter's ex mansion isn't too far where I live). As for Crabbits? I might have seen one or two....
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:47 am

For famous Manx people the obvious choice are the Bee Gees.

And I completely forgot about them. -o-;
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sefirot Tree Of Life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sefirot Tree Of Life » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am

Hello everyone! My name is Sefirot, a username chosen specifically for this fandom. Evangelion is my single most favorite piece of fiction and media of all time. I've been a longtime Eva fan for many years, have always been interested in joining EvaGeeks, but now finally have both the time and motivation! I've never used anything like these older forums, but that just makes this all the more interesting for me. I've read countless posts and threads from here over the years, and I hope to be making and participating in many like them in the future!

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:52 am

Nice to meet you here, Sefirot. Have a good time!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Welcome aboard!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 am

welcome~
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:42 am

Welcome, Sefirot Tree Of Life.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi everyone! I took my time off from Evangelion and I believe it paid off. I'm no longer burned out! Actually, I may have found a gray area between discussing it with others and enjoying the series for what it means to me personally (both of which are fun). I'm also trying to take things easy lately and that includes EVA.
I know it looks ridiculous for me to show up here after my last post (it came out more melancholy than I anticipated). Honestly, it kinda is, but that's ok hahaha! Anyway, I have a lot to talk about and I hope to have some fun.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 am

Welcome back, BernardoCairo.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:16 am

Welcome back!

Starfish & Coffee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Starfish & Coffee » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 am

Welcome back :-)

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:16 am

Welcome back, Bernardo!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:16 am

Welcome back!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

somedude234
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby somedude234 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:51 pm

h e l l o

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Welcome aboard!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:51 pm

I wanted to come back to the forum for a little while to chat with some old friends who aren't on the discord, give my final thoughts on where I thought the last movie was going, apologize for the behavior that got me banned in the first place, and post my thoughts on the last movie. I did most of that, and I still wish to leave for good. But I have the last thing on my bucket list. The final movie still isn't out outside of Japan. I decided to change a permanent goodbye to only an indefinite break. so I have the option to come back to the forum for one last time after the last movies english release. If I do come back, it will only be for a very little bit, and It will be the last time I’m ever on the forum. But if during my time away I change my mind and decide to not return at all? Please respect my decision and my privacy as I move into my new life apart from this place. Thank you to the many members I’ve chatted with for the good times, and I apologize if I was involved in any bad ones. Many of you have been positive parts of my time here. I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did or asked to come back if I didn't still consider you friends. I wish all of you the best. If I end up never returning? I hope the final movie is not the end of evageeks and that you all have many years of discussion ahead of you.

:misato_wink: :rei_happy: :penpen_cry:

Later.
Edit: trimming wall of text.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Take care, Ray. :salute:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Later, Ray.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:41 am

Bye, Ray!

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:00 am

I have been away from this community for years. Various reasons, mostly health related. I had the horrible PSAS syndrome, and in 2019 my beloved father passed away from leukemia. It was a shock for me, I became catatonic at the funeral and then spent a year screaming uncontrollably, which became a disability. I still scream from time to time, but at least I can go out again and live a normal life. Now I'm under medication for the neurological issues that caused PSAS, and I was diagnosed with a mild psychotic disorder, for which I'm medicated. I still get depressive episodes, but they're more manageable.

After all I went through, Evangelion became strangely comforting to me and I grew even more attached to it. That's one of the reasons I'm back to this community.

Big hugs to all of you! ♥
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”