Ban notices

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Ban notices

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:52 am

User: Occidere6
Length: 2 weeks.
Reason: Repeated posting of NSFW material in contravention of forum rules.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:22 pm

User: MiloTheOrangee
Length: Permanent
Reason: Blatant racism
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:21 pm

User: Ray
Length: Until home video release of Shin Eva.
Reason: Banned by user’s own request. Wishes to return after the home video release of Shin Eva.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:07 pm

User: royabr121
Length: 1 month.
Reason: Sexism, bad faith, hypocrisy and adhom.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:46 am

User: phosismyphos
Reason: Joined this forum just to make personal attacks on some members.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 am

User: wiser3754
Length: 1 week
Reason One-week ban for posting a pirated link.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 pm

User: Gus Hanson
Length: August 13th, the public release of Shin Eva.
Reason: Banned by user’s own request. He wishes to return after the release of Shin Eva.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:21 pm

User: FelipeFritschF; Sefirot Tree Of Life
Length: One month
Reason: Making light of Anno recieving a head injury, insinuating that it caused lasting brain damage that "led to the creation of Rebuild"
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:15 pm

User: Velorex
Reason: Purposefully violating the anti-piracy rule of the spoiler policy by posting a video link to the last six minutes of Shin Eva, and openly announcing it.

EDIT:
Extended Reason:

Velorex was not banned for posting spoilers. Velorex was banned for posting illegal links to pirated material, in direct violation of the strict rule we have on the matter. The decision to ban Velorex was not a spur-of-the-moment decision but one that was discussed extensively behind-the-scenes before it was taken. As clarification regarding Velorex's permanent ban, this is the section of the spoiler policy regarding links to illegal or pirated material -

1g. As stated in the forum rules, don't ask for or provide links to illegally hosted copyrighted material. This includes Evangelion 3.0+1.0 camrips or leaks, including the online 3.0+1.0 premiere video. Links will be deleted on sight. Violators will get a summary one-week ban at the very least, no exceptions, with the possibility of a longer ban if board staff deem it applicable. We have zero tolerance for digital piracy, and any repeat attempts at posting illegally hosted material, knowingly flouting the anti-piracy rule, or joining the forum for the sole purpose of selling or distributing illegally obtained 3.0+1.0 media on this forum will result in a permanent ban.

The one-week minimum is the barest minimum for newcomers who post pirated links without paying attention to the policy, or who don't realize that they are posting illegal material. Intent matters here, and we have no intention of permanently banning new members for naivete or carelessness. However, we have permanently banned, unannounced, numerous pirates and spammers who joined solely to post illegal pirated links to Shin Eva content.

Velorex is neither naive nor careless, and his seniority gives him no excuse for not being aware of the rules. He knew he was posting pirated content in public, adding that the link "contained the last six minutes of Shin Eva". This is intentionally abetting piracy and knowingly flouting the anti-piracy rule as stated in the spoiler policy, hence his permanent ban.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:07 am

User: Poot
Reason: Trolling.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:34 pm

User: Zer0_Stars_DS
Length: Indefinite
Reason: Projecting own issues on characters and other users, hostility towards those who disagree; visibly deteriorating mental state and generally poor conduct in debates. We've made this clear several times already, and with many users, we'll do it again one last time: EGF is not a therapy session. If you are struggling with your mental health, seek professional help, don't hinge it on whether or not people agree with your interpretation of a story, and definitely don't take your frustration out on others.
Be good to yourself.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:01 am

User: ShinKikoho96

Reason: Consistent and repeated harassment of users, both publicly on the forum and via abuse of the Private Messaging feature.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun May 29, 2022 10:05 pm

User: StillAlive
Reason: Hopelessromantic ban evasion. Even if you are over your trauma as you claim; in your own words, "I want to feel that my fear and resentment towards Eva is justified.", you are here to reinforce your trauma instead of engaging in productive debate. Seek professional help, and if it hurts you this much, don't come back to Eva. It is not good for you.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:07 pm

User: Gus Hanson
Reason: Under the user's own request.

Gus, you're a nice person. I understand exactly where you're coming from and your indecisive nature. This place is not a torture chamber, so I'll respect your wishes and ban you. Good luck out there!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:06 pm

User: StormStopper06
Reason: Gus Hanson ban evasion.

He create this account to ask to be unbanned (see BernardoCairo’s post above for more info). After an administrative discussion, we decided to grant this.
So, Gus is back!

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:51 am

Not a proper ban notice, but a little addendum to anyone wondering about Gus : Gus asked to be banned yet again, and the ban was granted. It's also likely to be several months before Gus is let in again due to the staff being tired about his indecisiveness about whether he wants to stay or leave.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:24 pm

User: WDS
Length: One week Indefinite
Reason: Spammy posts, waifu warrior-isms and a general toxic attitude; in the process of cleaning up some of their mess, we found evidence linking this account to a known problem user that was recently removed from the discord. Temp-ban while we investigate the issue and discuss internally how to proceed. Has been elevated to a full ban

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:47 am

After reviewing the post history, we have made the decision to elevate WDS' ban from one week to indefinite.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:56 pm

User: Kajisimp
Reason: Unwilling to contribute to this community; troll behavior.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:33 am

User: Angel
Reason: Nasty and noisy behavior towards specific members of our staff, spammy post conduct, bad attitude, spread of multiple lies and fanboyish mentality.
If you're only here to defend your "colored team", as this guy puts it, you're better off anywhere else

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”