Announcement regarding recent forum changes

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Announcement regarding recent forum changes

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:34 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Can I ask what events?

lies and threats to other staff members
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Well, I got the sense he didn't do much on this board anymore either way, so yeah, if he's threating people, he can get lost.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:02 pm

One way or the other it feels like we really got a big change of the guard in the last 12 months.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:26 am

I'd like to consider it long past due spring cleaning. And I say this has someone who is neither old or new guard, but someplace awkwardly in the middle.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:45 am

Honestly, I'm just happy to still be a part of it, especially in some fashion that allows me to have a bit of control over the direction of the forums and assisting the happiness of the people using it. ^_^

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:39 am

FreakyFilmFan4Ever has been promoted from moderator to administrator! Congratulations, Freaky! I'm absolutely certain you'll be able to do a splendid job of, as you put it, assisting the happiness of the people visiting this place.

We've also made another change regarding our admins. We have restructured role visibility for administrators to more accurately display their involvement on the forum. Regular admins (orange) are the sort who'd routinely visit the site and deal with site matters, while gold-text "system admins" (for lack of a better term) shoulder a lot of the weight of actually keeping this place running, but you'd very rarely see them around on the forum.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 am

Thanks for the level-up! I’m not used to my username color making my posts look this important. :lol:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Congratulations, dude! :highfive:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Congratulations from me as well! With Freaky, I know the team has made the right choice!

On slightly sadder news: I will have to announce my leave from active moderation. As regulars to the forum might have noticed, I wasn't really active in the past few months. So, while my interest in Eva still remains, I can not in good conscience claim to be all that involved with the forum. Which also means that I can not really take part in the decision-making process behind the scenes. So it would be irresponsible to claim that I can still fulfill the responsibilities I volunteered to take over about half a year ago.

Therefore, I will have to take my leave from active moderation. I will of course stick around - I wouldn't want to miss all of you. But for now, I will become a regular member of the community again.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:07 am

It's sad to see you step down. I wish you well.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 pm

It's so weird to see your names being displayed in different colors. It's funny how our brains create and root these associations.
Congratulations, FreakyFilmFan4ever!
Derantor, I hope you have fun being a good old user!
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Take care of yourself Dera. As Zusu said; I wish you well. :salute:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Take care, Dera!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 pm

I wish you well Derantor.

Congratulations, FreakyFilmFan4ever.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Small announcement regarding bans; a while ago, we changed the highest penalty from "permanent" to "indefinite", to reflect the fact that people can change, and someone who got a permaban might be allowed back in a few years down the line, if and when they have changed as a person.
However, that does not apply for all cases; some things are a one way ticket off the site.

Indefinite bans are for long-time bad behaviour of active users; the people who in spite of the problems they cause are part of the site and have engaged in discussion in at least some productive dimension.
Permanent bans are for trolls and the like; the ones who only joined the forum to start shit or, as the last case, be racist in thread. It is also possible for long time users to recieve this, however in that case the offenses have to be exceptionally severe and intentionally harming to the forum.

This is neither a fundamental change, nor will it have any impact on regular forum operation; it's simply for the sake of transparency for a policy that up until now has not been communicated well from our side.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:08 am

Just in case you folks hadn't noticed, hui43210, BernardoCairo and JoelcrNeto have all been elevated to moderator. Congratulations!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 am

Congratulations all around.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:10 am

Thanks very much! I look forward to helping out the mod team in what's sure to be a busy August!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:37 am

Thank you! I will try to help in any way I can. August indeed will be a busy month here.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:35 am

Congratulations!!!!

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”