Evangelion 3.0+1.01

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Evangelion 3.0+1.01

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:43 am

This is fascinating news. I, for one, am very curious to see what material they come up with for the timeskip segment.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:25 pm

So how much longer do ya’ll suppose is this last run? It begins june 12, so maybe 2 more weeks after that?

I’m excited because it feels like we finally hit another milestone on the way to finally seeing this thing! Maybe we’ll get international release news BEFORE the end of the end of the run, but I’m not getting my hopes up!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:28 pm

Yeah, quite interesting news. I look forward of what is to come of this.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:41 pm

mastafishere wrote:So how much longer do ya’ll suppose is this last run? It begins june 12, so maybe 2 more weeks after that?

Yeah, I'm figuring the "Final Run" will be two weeks to a month at most. I don't know when we'll get news on the international release but I'm feeling good about July.

I also wonder if the 1.01 version is going to have a new trailer for Shin Ultraman attached? Unless that film has been severely delayed I feel we're coming up on an announcement of some kind.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Rest assured, I'll go see the thing in theaters and get the new book so I can provide answers.

By the way, some information about the new EVA-EXTRA-EXTRA booklet that didn't get translated here:

• It's going to be the same dimensions as the previous booklet.
  • The manga Evangelion 3.0 (-120min.) is going to be created and edited by Anno, scripted and edited by Tsurumaki, and illustrated by Hidenori Matsubara and Mahiro Maeda.
  • There are going to be some new contributions, most likely short commentaries, from several people in Khara's digital department.
  • There will be a special commentary from Anno himself.
Last edited by Nuclear Lunchbox on Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:50 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Rest assured, I'll go see the thing in theaters and get the new book so I can provide answers.

Thanks Nuke! :asuka_thumbsup:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:02 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Rest assured, I'll go see the thing in theaters and get the new book so I can provide answers.

:salute:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Not all heroes wear capes.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:32 pm

The manga is only 16 pages long so I doubt it'd cover much aside from the build-up to Operation US. Anyway, looking forward to read Nuke's reports! Hope you catch all the visual changes in 3.0+1.01 too! :kaworu_thumbsup:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:36 pm

Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:49 pm

Good to see it out there, cy! :asuka_thumbsup:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:52 am

[Damsel voice] My hero!

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:[*] The manga Evangelion 3.0 (-120min.) is going to be created and edited by Anno, scripted and edited by Tsurumaki, and illustrated by Hidenori Matsubara and Mahiro Maeda.
[*] There will be a special commentary from Anno himself.[/list]

ooo, word from the man himself.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:34 am

I guess that makes it Tier 1 canon in the NTE-verse, since he was directly involved in its creation and production. (Whatever it ends up being, that is!) I'm not going to speculate as to what its contents may be, but I do wonder if it'll contain a flashback in order to get around the "120 minutes before Q" gimmick. Interesting that we're getting this now after another Khara member posted on twitter, "We'll only make an anime about the missing 14 years if we seriously need the money". Misdirection? Who knows! (Yeah, I know, it's a manga.)

I'm curious to see what Anno himself has to say, since any comments from him were curiously absent from the original theater booklet.

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:44 am

Will be interesting to see the visual differences from the first version. I wonder if that CG scene I saw from the trailer is better now or not. the number change only being 0.01 makes it feel it will be very tiny change.

And also curious if there will be more changes for the Bluray/Streaming down the line.... 3.33+1.11? :P
Also sprach Zarathustra

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:35 am

I'm rly hoping that we'll get all the supposed cut material (and maybe even the scrapped version of the first 40 mins) as DVD extras. they did give us the alt live action sequence, so...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Zethus Thorne
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zethus Thorne » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I'm rly hoping that we'll get all the supposed cut material (and maybe even the scrapped version of the first 40 mins) as DVD extras. they did give us the alt live action sequence, so...

Deleted Scenes?

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:13 am

View Original PostZethus Thorne wrote:
View Original PostKendrix#924175 wrote:I'm rly hoping that we'll get all the supposed cut material (and maybe even the scrapped version of the first 40 mins) as DVD extras. they did give us the alt live action sequence, so...

Deleted Scenes?

I don't know if those scenes were animated, but the documentary showed Anno rewriting some parts of the script, because he wasn't really happy with the original version.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:09 pm

Exciting news. I've been waiting for some new info on 3.0+1.0. Sounds like we're getting closer to an international release.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:03 pm

I'm mostly hoping that the manga includes copious info about the time skip, but the sociopathic side of me hopes Anno trolls us:

MAYA: Hey, that thing that happened all those years ago sure was crazy, huh?
RITSUKO: Oh yeah man, wild! Anyway, here's twenty pages about the new hydraulic system used in the operation...

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm

According to this thread on twitter, screenings of Evangelion 3.0+1.01 at several theaters are already selling out. While I have concerns (pandemic) it does look like this is gonna give the movie a final boost at the domestic box office.

Translation: United Cinema Toshimaen The new version of Shineva from the 12th will be screened twice, both of which are already sold out!

Also, according to the @eigarankingnews Twitter account (they've been tweeting how much the film has made daily since release but they do tweet images that could be considered spoilers) some theaters will be screening the film up to five times a day and a lot of the showings are/will be back on IMAX.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”