Where did "Kozoman" come from?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Where did "Kozoman" come from?

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:16 pm

So one thing I remember chuckling an awful lot at is "Kozoman", Fuyutsuki's ridiculous superhero alter-ego. I remember first seeing it in Lucretius's superb Rei Ayanami CYOA. In fat I liked it so much that I used him in my own atrocious CYOA. However, the way it was written in the Rei RP suggested that the concept of "Kozoman" has been around for a long time. However, searching the forum turns up nothing.

Is Kozoman the superhero gag something that's been around for ages, or was Kozoman just a nickname for him that Lucretius picked up and ran with, creating the geriatric defender of justice?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:12 am

I am pretty sure that Lucretius just made it up (I mean, that CYOA was full of non-cannon stuff that was pure comedic gold) but I can't find anything beyond that. If there is anything I am sure an older member can shed some light.
The other possibility is that he was a rejected Marvel/DC spin-off character. Fuyu can always dream... :fuyu_facepalm:
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Re: Where did "Kozoman" come from?

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:22 pm

My brain barfed him up in a shitfic from 2010.

Return to “Fan Works”