The Black Moon and its Impact on Ocean Volatility

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DiracSea902
Embryo

The Black Moon and its Impact on Ocean Volatility

•      
  •      

Postby DiracSea902 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:46 pm

Does the Black Moon have enough gravitational potential, along with the regular moon, to make the seas and tides rougher? If so, would it have an impact on global climate or the planet's axial tilt?

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: The Black Moon and its Impact on Ocean Volatility

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon May 31, 2021 5:46 pm

You make an extremely good point; my gut reaction would be to say yes, although its effect in making life on Earth living hell might be smaller compared to Second Impact and the nukes dropped in its aftermath
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Mon May 31, 2021 9:13 pm

Am I missing something? I thought both the white moon and the black moon are currently embedded in the earth’s crust (one in Antarctica, one in Japan - I forget which is which) and not actually in orbit around the earth where they would affect the tides.

DiracSea902
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DiracSea902 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:46 pm

View Original PostArcher wrote:Am I missing something? I thought both the white moon and the black moon are currently embedded in the earth’s crust (one in Antarctica, one in Japan - I forget which is which) and not actually in orbit around the earth where they would affect the tides.

IIRC, after Third Impact in EoE, the Black Moon that was buried beneath Tokyo-3 is currently positioned at or near Low Earth Orbit.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 pm

The way I see it, yes, after black moon's ascend, earth's hydrosphere should've gone nuts. But the fact that black moon was mostly hollow and most probably composed of materials unknown to us makes it somewhat credible that the gravitational pull was negligible to naked eyes compared to everything that was going on all around.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:06 am

View Original PostDiracSea902 wrote:IIRC, after Third Impact in EoE, the Black Moon that was buried beneath Tokyo-3 is currently positioned at or near Low Earth Orbit.

The Black Moon vanishes at the end of the Impact, exploding into souls. I assume Lilith's intent was the same as petrifying the MP-Evas- to prevent anyone from trying Instrumentality again. Whether or not the Black Moon is gone for good or if Lilith could retrieve or recreate it if she wished is unknown.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”