[Audio Track Study] Shinji SDAT Song & background voices from Shinji breaks down

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Wanderer
Embryo

[Audio Track Study] Shinji SDAT Song & background voices from Shinji breaks down

•      
  •      

Postby Wanderer » Sun May 30, 2021 11:35 am

Hi all, new fish here.

Although the audio tracks are quite chaotic, it is still an excellent primary source.
For example, Shinji breaks down in 3.0 (Q). It has been found that reused some of the EOE audios.
(not 100% sure, but the tone and speech tempo are difficult to reproduce.)

Anyway, let's back to the topic and make it quick.

Shinji SDAT Song

Source: 1.11(BD 6.1[7]ch), 2.22(BD 6.1[7]ch), 3.33(BD 5.1[6]ch), all FLAC
Summary: always playing one and only one song - "Blue Legend" (蒼いレジェンド Aoi Legend), sad :facepalm: no other songs

Proofs:

Yea.....It is a boring collection. But I think it may help to enrich the wiki.

======

Background voices from Shinji breaks down

Following is the all audio tracks video of the Shinji breaks down part in 3.33 (1:09:25 - 1:10:10).
SPOILER: Show
https://youtu.be/LB_cGdAQR8g (volume warning! Increased db to make the voices more clear.)

Asuka's voice in the first track seems the same as EOE voice (1:11:23 - 1:11:29).
[嫌い、バカみたい。あんたのことなんか好きになるハズないじやないの。]

From End of Evangelion Psalms

Still guessing why putting the Asuka EOE audios and Yui sounds in this part.
Similar scenario? It is very strange. :emogendo:
And hope that the new Complete Records Collection will explain this part.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: [Audio Track Study] Shinji SDAT Song & background voices from Shinji breaks down

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun May 30, 2021 3:57 pm

The audio bits from EoE were spotted already -

Basically they are various lines of rejection, "girlfriend dumps you" type of dialogue.

In the context of EoE it probably represents people not really liking/ welcoming instrumentality (represented as rejecting a more every day sort of union) - & Asuka's voice is the last we hear cause she resisted most of all.
a) She hates Shinji most of anyone and doesn't want to be merged with him
b) She really does not want to "disappear"/"lose her individuality" / die - after all she fought for survival to the last
But there are other ppl among the 3 billion that must have really rejected the ritual suicide of sorts (Aoba for example couldn't be gotten to let down his guard and had to be forced into the union kicking and screaming) so I figure that personally knowing the 'lynchpin' of the process was a factor.

But it probably also signifies Shinji looking at the old world as a place of rejection that he gleefully takes petty vengeance on through instrumentality, at least at this point before he ends up reconsidering.

In the context of Q, the scene is already a barrage of actual or perceived rejection/harsh treatment.
Shinji feels like everyone hates him/abandoned him & he can't trust anybody any longer, & that everyone had rejected him.
The sequence already has a barrage of scenes that he perceives as lines/expressions of rejection, mixing in a "background radiation" of generic rejection is probably supposed to add onto that feeling - Shinji doesn't just feel like these particular people reject him, but that everyone rejects him.

I heard the scene got a slight makeover in 3.333 and I can't wait to see it

Though using the same "generic rejection lines" as EoE is most certainly a sort of meta point.

Thanks for going through all this work though!

I would like you to elaborate on what you mentioned about Yui audio, I didn't spot any, what does she say?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Wanderer
Embryo

Re: [Audio Track Study] Shinji SDAT Song & background voices from Shinji breaks down

•      
  •      

Postby Wanderer » Mon May 31, 2021 11:06 am

Thanks Kendrix.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:In the context of Q, the scene is already a barrage of actual or perceived rejection/harsh treatment.
Shinji feels like everyone hates him/abandoned him & he can't trust anybody any longer, & that everyone had rejected him.
The sequence already has a barrage of scenes that he perceives as lines/expressions of rejection, mixing in a "background radiation" of generic rejection is probably supposed to add onto that feeling - Shinji doesn't just feel like these particular people reject him, but that everyone rejects him.

But I can't figure out the reason why reuse the EOE movie audio/lines in ROE 3.33 (Q).
And Anno should have much more options (funding) instead of reusing the EOE voice tracks.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I would like you to elaborate on what you mentioned about Yui audio, I didn't spot any, what does she say?

Seems Youtube lowered the video volume, you may increase the volume to double/triple (but stop it before the big wave!)

Yui in track 1 (1:09:35-1:09:38): You can't do it (can't hear clearly after this)
Yui in track 2 (1:09:30-1:09:34): Stay away from me, it will be better without you.

Well, not good at Japanese. Btw, does Yui's voice exist in EOE Shinji breaks down audio tracks?

Here is the reused actual lines/audios from End of Evangelion Psalms and EOE movie in ROE 3.33 movie (Q).
From ROE 3.33 audio track:

Track 1 Asuka (1:09:27): 嫌い。パッカみたい。あんたのことなんか、好きになるハズないじゃないの。

Track 2 Girl voice (1:09:47): 友達以上に思えないの。

Track 2 Girl voice (1:09:55): バイバイ。

Track 5 Misato and Girl voice (1:09:30 & 1:09:50): 正直、 苦手とい、つより、一番嫌いなタイプなのよ、あなたって。

Track 5 Girl voice (1:09:45): 私の人生に何の関係もないわ。

Track 6 Asuka (1:09:33): 身の程、考えなさいよ。

Track 6 Girl voice (1:09:43): 友達以上に思えないの。

Track 6 Girl voice (1:09:55) : バイバイ。

------

And the below are quite interesting. Never hear them before.

Track 2 Girl voice (1:09:58): アスカ?
Track 6 Girl voice (1:10:01): アスカ? ボディー? あっちゃんよ? (can't hear clearly, many noise)

Reused Lines: Image

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”