Asuka Telecaster

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

Asuka Telecaster

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm

has anybody seen this before? wow i'd love to have one but holy hossenphepher the prices! I'd be afraid to play it!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... r&_sacat=0
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

GendoBus
Embryo

Re: Asuka Telecaster

•      
  •      

Postby GendoBus » Tue May 18, 2021 5:06 pm

The idea of making a guitar about evangelion is great, but I think that the stratocaster fits better for Asuka and I don't really like it, aside from the nerv steel neck plate, there isn't anything that tells you that is an evangelion theme guitar.
I'd love to have it though, just because is an evangelion guitar ahaha

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed May 19, 2021 9:26 am

I have to agree that design-wise it's a bit underwhelming, it's mostly a color scheme. Those appear to be "aluma-tone" pickups which is an interesting departure.

GendoBus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GendoBus » Wed May 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Yeah and why does the pickguard have a green part? I mean the typical Asuka colors are red and black, it seems that the design wasn't really well thought. I have never heard about this kind of pick-ups, but I've searched them and it seems they are like an another take of the noiseless pickups with an higher output, have you ever tried them?

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu May 20, 2021 9:04 am

Have thought about it...they look pretty kool but my understanding is the perceived output is different enough from a standard pickup that you can't mix them with standard pickups unless you like doing sound adjustments on the fly. I understand they are incredibly clear and noiseless. Not the cheapest pickup
either but I'd like to experiment with a set maybe on a cheap beater guitar. Its a project for a later time for me. I think the green on the pickguard
may represent Unit 02's eyes.

GendoBus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GendoBus » Mon May 24, 2021 4:27 am

Ah I see, they are interesting but I can't see someone who can benefit from this type pickup, I mean the single-coils make some noise, but at the end of the day it's what that makes them and if someone is using a good set of single coils the hum is tolerable.
Returning on the Asuka telecaster, they could've made the volume and tone knobs green to mimic the green eyes of Unit-02.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon May 24, 2021 10:16 am

View Original PostGendoBus wrote:Ah I see, they are interesting but I can't see someone who can benefit from this type pickup, I mean the single-coils make some noise, but at the end of the day it's what that makes them and if someone is using a good set of single coils the hum is tolerable.
Returning on the Asuka telecaster, they could've made the volume and tone knobs green to mimic the green eyes of Unit-02.

eyes for knobs in green I think would have worked well you are correct! Yeah I'm running a Lace single pickup in the lead position of my telecaster
and the 60 cycle hum is practically non existent unless I drive it to heavy metal levels of gain.

The Asuka tele could have been a kewl item and could have been affordable but these appear more like lazy cash grabs than anything worthwhile.

I almost bought one of the pink Hello kitty cheap squier strats just to make my band mates squirm....it would have been glorious.

GendoBus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GendoBus » Fri May 28, 2021 4:07 pm

The Asuka tele could have been a kewl item and could have been affordable but these appear more like lazy cash grabs than anything worthwhile.

Yeah you're right, it wasn't well thought-out and it costs a lot just because it was made by fender Japan, if there was a Squier version the price would be lower. It's strange that no fans has done an Eva themed guitar...I guess that there aren't a lot of guitar player in the Eva community ahaha.

I almost bought one of the pink Hello kitty cheap squier strats just to make my band mates squirm....it would have been glorious.

Oh man that would be dope ahahaha, that guitar is a living meme even though it isn't the greatest.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”